DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Not great, not terrible editing but sure is eyecandy - Cyanide lake + Sunken church

Lots of good raw footage there. I'm sure with some time and attention you can turn this into a specatular video. Love the music. Colors around the 5:00 mark are phenomenal!

Reactions: chickentarts
Lots of good raw footage there. I'm sure with some time and attention you can turn this into a specatular video. Love the music. Colors around the 5:00 mark are phenomenal!
Thanks mate, I lack the patience for editing and the skill, I tend to only take photos usually but yeah the area begged for some video, with time maybe I`ll get decent enough at editing to bring the scenery and story out

That was quite a compilation of amazing scenes! A real "tour de force!" The videography was excellent- especially the circles around points of interest. Were they manual or intelligent flight mode? I think the music choice was a bit over dramatic. What they would call, "sturm und drang." (like Wagnerian). Your country is amazingly beautiful. I think you would need to cut the time down to 3 or so minutes with more stringent editing.

Reactions: Capt KO
Agreed, subject matter is very good, flying is well done and the music works well. Coordinating the cuts between scenes with that music would greatly enhance the dramatic effect of the music.

In any case, I enjoyed watching the video very much.

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
Thanks guys, I honestly picked the first "dramatic" copyright free song. Some were automatic scenes but most was shot manually, I tend not to trust automatic flight modes as it flies sideways where there are no sensors. I did think of fitting the music bpm to frame changes but my pc said that`s a bit much. Yes the country all the North part is absolutely amazing, you cant go 50km without finding something breathtaking. I now have 400 pins on the map of things to video, In time will post more of this amazing country on this forum.

Thanks guys, I honestly picked the first "dramatic" copyright free song. Some were automatic scenes but most was shot manually, I tend not to trust automatic flight modes as it flies sideways where there are no sensors. I did think of fitting the music bpm to frame changes but my pc said that`s a bit much. Yes the country all the North part is absolutely amazing, you cant go 50km without finding something breathtaking. I now have 400 pins on the map of things to video, In time will post more of this amazing country on this forum.
I'm not sure what video editing program you use, but my iMAC only has 16GB of RAM and 32GB is recommended for Adobe Premiere Pro. So I was getting bogged down and slowed down quite a bit. I called Adobe support (in India!!!) and the tech told me to edit in PROXIE modes. So now, when I start editing, I put the INGEST setting as proxies. The editing was as smooth silk. When I export, it will export in 4K. Not sure if this will work on a PC but it is worth a try. So I am editing in a lower resolution and I can scrub through a clip without a delay. For more information, try to GOOGLE the term, " Adobe Premiere Pro in Proxy." Just insert the correct or applicable editing software you are using if not Premiere.
Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
I'm not sure what video editing program you use, but my iMAC only has 16GB of RAM and 32GB is recommended for Adobe Premiere Pro. So I was getting bogged down and slowed down quite a bit. I called Adobe support (in India!!!) and the tech told me to edit in PROXIE modes. So now, when I start editing, I put the INGEST setting as proxies. he editing was as smooth silk. When I export, it will export in 4K. Now suer if this will work on a PC but it is worth a try. So I am editing in a lower resolution and I can scrub through a clip without a delay. For more information, try to GOOGLE the term, " Adobe Premiere Pro in Proxy." Just insert the correct or applicable editing software you are using if not Premiere.
Dale
Miami
Holy hell that might just do it. Never knew you can do that. Yes it does look like that will fix my issue!! Thank you so much!!!

Holy hell that might just do it. Never knew you can do that. Yes it does look like that will fix my issue!! Thank you so much!!!
Glad to help. I went back to my post to fix several typos. There are 13,800,000 hits on this in Google. Here is a screen grab of the 1st page of the proxy search. You are, essentially, editing in a lower resolution, which makes the work easier for the computer. See attachment. scroll on both attachments Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.02.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.02.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.02.49 AM.png

Glad to help. I went back to my post to fix several typos. There are 13,800,000 hits on this in Google. Here is a screen grab of the 1st page of the proxy search. You are, essentially, editing in a lower resolution, which makes the work easier for the computer. See attachment. scroll on both attachments View attachment 121744View attachment 121744View attachment 121744
Yep, found exactly what I need. Well the next videos I`ll try this out, should be smooth as butter

A lot of drone magic there. Loved watching it. I would have liked some narration or subtitles but translation is always going to be the problem with that. Nice Job!

Reactions: chickentarts
A lot of drone magic there. Loved watching it. I would have liked some narration or subtitles but translation is always going to be the problem with that. Nice Job!
I think Just for fun next time I`m going to do some David Attenborough narration (ofcourse in english) on one of these.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998