DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not possible to activate Mavic 2

Patrickgood

Reactions
Hello Guys,

Nearly 3 months ago I bought my Mavic Air.
I did not have any experience with drones, it was my first one.
I Soon found out, I bought this one to fast, namely I discovered there was also a drone with zoom possibilities, the MA don't have.
For that reason today I bought the Mavic 2 zoom.
But unfortunately I can't activate this, I searching on the internet but I don't find a solution.
At al the examples they show a screen on the tablet.phone with an activation screen, but I don't get that screen.
I only get the screen as usual, the start screen, connect to the device.
I remove the app, and install it again, without any possitive result.
Somebody can tell me what I do wrong??
Every advice is greatly appreciated.

And you can connect it to your mobile device and see the live camera view in DJI GO? If you're able to get that far, it means someone else already activated your drone.

Hello Guys,

I Soon found out, I bought this one to fast, namely I discovered there was also a drone with zoom possibilities, the MA don't have.
But unfortunately I can't activate this, I searching on the internet but I don't find a solution.
At al the examples they show a screen on the tablet.phone with an activation screen, but I don't get that screen.

Make sure your device is within internet service the first time you connect the app to it. You only have to do it once but has to connect to the DJI server to activate.

Yes it is connect with the internet, I tried it with the iPad and the iPhone.
And no, I can't see the live camera.

Make sure you don't have the drone on if you're arguing with your wife or spanking your kids.

Hello Guys,

Do you have the correct version of the app? Have you tried using Assistant - there's a specific version of the Mavic 2 series.
And you can connect it to your mobile device and see the live camera view in DJI GO? If you're able to get that far, it means someone else already activated your drone.

I was wondering that, too.

Original Poster - did you buy the drone used?

I bought the drone brand new in the shop yesterday.
As far as know, there is only one app “DJI Go 4” ?
Today I’ll take a look at Assistent.

Today, it was possible to connect my Mavic 2 with my iPhone, and I follow the procedure and it was succesfully to register it.
I really don't understand why it was not possible yesterday, but on my iPad it is still impossible, if I start DJI assistant the tablet give the message, after searching: 'cannot find devices'
And when I start 'DJI GO 4', after connecting the remote with the tablet with USB-Lightning cable, and push 'Enter Device' I get 2 options: 'connect to the aircraft' and 'enter the camera view'.
When I make choice for 'connect to the aircraft' the next message shows: 'Wired connection' after choosing this, I get 4 consecutive actions that I have to perform, but the action 'link to the aircraft' is gray and therefore not possible to choose.

Did you insert a SD card already? If so, remove and try again. I recall a quirk with inserting the SD card too early in the setup.

Jim
Today, it was possible to connect my Mavic 2 with my iPhone, and I follow the procedure and it was succesfully to register it.
I really don't understand why it was not possible yesterday, but on my iPad it is still impossible, if I start DJI assistant the tablet give the message, after searching: 'cannot find devices'
And when I start 'DJI GO 4', after connecting the remote with the tablet with USB-Lightning cable, and push 'Enter Device' I get 2 options: 'connect to the aircraft' and 'enter the camera view'.
When I make choice for 'connect to the aircraft' the next message shows: 'Wired connection' after choosing this, I get 4 consecutive actions that I have to perform, but the action 'link to the aircraft' is gray and therefore not possible to choose.

Making sure your firmware is updated is always a good first step but I have also had issues in the past where the DJI Go App isn't working properly on certain devices or certain app versions. I'd recommend trying on a different device and with the DJI Assistant software on a computer as others have mentioned above. Best of luck.

-Kale

Did you insert a SD card already? If so, remove and try again. I recall a quirk with inserting the SD card too early in the setup.

Jim
Unfortunately, I remove, and place the card again without any result.
It is very strange, on the remotcontroller it shows (blinking) no sd-card.
But on the iPad noting changed.

As I recall, the bug was you couldn't insert the SD card until after activation. Remove the card and leave it out while attempting activation.

Good luck and please let us know when you resolve.

Jim

Making sure your firmware is updated is always a good first step but I have also had issues in the past where the DJI Go App isn't working properly on certain devices or certain app versions. I'd recommend trying on a different device and with the DJI Assistant software on a computer as others have mentioned above. Best of luck.

-Kale
I'll give it a try and let you know the results, thanks.

I install the app (DJI GO4) on a different iPad(6) but I get exactly the same, it will only work on my iPhone 6 with 12.2, however the last update on my iPad is 12.3.1, maybe that is the reason it will not work?
Also today I download DJI assistant 2, connect to the drone, without any positive result.

At #14, I talk about changing the sd-card

Its funny, today I got some firmware updates, I download and install them all, but the Ipad still refuse to connect to the RC and aircraft.
I wonder, it is still the same connector? the usb connector in the middle of the RC to the lightning connector of the iPad?

aaaaarhhggg, it was the cable, I took another cable, and it is working.
Thanks all for your help guys!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique