DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not really powered off?

RayOZ

Reactions
I landed my drone, did the power off on my M2P, and just as I folded the legs, I noticed the front LED were still on. Checked the battery, and the lights are off. So I turned it on again, waited a bit and turned it off. Front legs LEDs off, but motors were still twitching. Disconnected the battery and clipped it back on, and seems powered down now. Very odd. Not sure if it’s a battery issue.
A while ago, this same battery, after it was fully charged, when I inserted on the drone, I heard the internal fan powered on for a second, then silence.
Anyone had a similar issue?

I landed my drone, did the power off on my M2P, and just as I folded the legs, I noticed the front LED were still on. Checked the battery, and the lights are off. So I turned it on again, waited a bit and turned it off. Front legs LEDs off, but motors were still twitching. Disconnected the battery and clipped it back on, and seems powered down now. Very odd. Not sure if it’s a battery issue.
A while ago, this same battery, after it was fully charged, when I inserted on the drone, I heard the internal fan powered on for a second, then silence.
Anyone had a similar issue?
Do you have any other batteries you can compare it to? Do they act the same? Does the battery look odd or mis-shapen or bulging? What happens when you charge it? If it is a bad battery it might not be worth the risk of using it.

Reactions: Kilrah
Battery looks fine. Only this one battery that’s done this. I’ve got 2 others that I haven’t noticed it doing this. But I’ve had my drone for 3 months, and only 2 odd incidents.

Battery looks fine. Only this one battery that’s done this. I’ve got 2 others that I haven’t noticed it doing this. But I’ve had my drone for 3 months, and only 2 odd incidents.
Made sure the firmware on its upto date, and you haven't set the battery discharge time to 1 day or something in Go4 on that battery? Only thing I can think of.

Made sure the firmware on its upto date, and you haven't set the battery discharge time to 1 day or something in Go4 on that battery? Only thing I can think of.
You can't change discharge time on the M2 batteries. It's 10 days, I think.
But I only charge my batteries before I plan to fly. So far, I've flown within 2 days of charging them, most of the time, less than 6 hrs after charging.

You can't change discharge time on the M2 batteries. It's 10 days, I think.
But I only charge my batteries before I plan to fly. So far, I've flown within 2 days of charging them, most of the time, less than 6 hrs after charging.
Never tried changing the timing on batteries of any of my drones, so wasn't sure if still there or not, was just a thought, obviously not. Hmmm must be a short somewhere then. Does any of the cells show damage in Go4 when the pack is in the drone? Wonder if one of the cells has an issue inside.

Pretty rubbish either way though.

If it is a short internally though, may be able to get DJI to change it even though its considered a consumable.

Further odd thing with this battery. I fully charged it, flown until 20%, as I was catching a flight later. Made sure it was off, packed in the case. When I got home, and abt 12 hrs later, I thought I checked on it, my drone and the battery was warm! Took it out, and it cooled down. Charged it for abt 30 minutes. Let it cool. As soon as I connect to my drone, it powered up, full drone start-up sequence even though the LEDs on the battery was off. Press, press and hold did the start-up sequence on the battery. Press, press and hold again to turn it off. Motors still twitching. Remove battery wait for it to cool.
Turn on my RC and turn on the drone (I didn't have the RC on earlier, as I didn't expect it to start up and soon as I clipped the battery on the drone. Check RC and DJI Go 4, and battery was at 32%, after the short charge earlier. No errors, everything looks fine. Flight logs with the battery didn't show any problem.
I tried again this morning, this time while recording a video with my phone, nothing odd happened.
I send DJI Support an email. I'll see what they came back with. I'll record video the next few times I use this battery. I think the battery is not switching off internally correctly. As long as it's not installed on my M2P, it fine.
Firmware should be up-to-date. No bulging of the battery.

• Wow
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Further odd thing with this battery. I fully charged it, flown until 20%, as I was catching a flight later. Made sure it was off, packed in the case. When I got home, and abt 12 hrs later, I thought I checked on it, my drone and the battery was warm! Took it out, and it cooled down. Charged it for abt 30 minutes. Let it cool. As soon as I connect to my drone, it powered up, full drone start-up sequence even though the LEDs on the battery was off. Press, press and hold did the start-up sequence on the battery. Press, press and hold again to turn it off. Motors still twitching. Remove battery wait for it to cool.
Turn on my RC and turn on the drone (I didn't have the RC on earlier, as I didn't expect it to start up and soon as I clipped the battery on the drone. Check RC and DJI Go 4, and battery was at 32%, after the short charge earlier. No errors, everything looks fine. Flight logs with the battery didn't show any problem.
I tried again this morning, this time while recording a video with my phone, nothing odd happened.
I send DJI Support an email. I'll see what they came back with. I'll record video the next few times I use this battery. I think the battery is not switching off internally correctly. As long as it's not installed on my M2P, it fine.
Firmware should be up-to-date. No bulging of the battery.
Bottom line: that battery is bad and potentially dangerous.

Yup, never use it again. Get them to replace it if still under warranty, otherwise discard and replace.

If it can't be replaced under warranty or store exchange, you could still use it for non-flight use or as a USB power pack if you have the adapter.

Was flying mavic pro around for a little while. Came in and landed the battery getting low. While I working around in the tool box, I noticed a flash. Then again and again. It was coming from the mav. It was turned off, but for some reason it was flashing green about every 15 seconds. Any clues?

Yes, DJI added that last year by firmware/app update due to a large number of batteries swelling that summer.

You should see it in the firmware release notes PDF.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803