DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not receiving authorization zone unlock verfication text

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and am currently not recieving the DJI SMS message with the authorization code to unlock my drone so I can fly in a blue zone. This happens with the DJI Go 4 app on my iphone 11 pro. I can get to the point where the app says that the code has been sent to my phone number and it is waiting for me to input the verfication code... the trouble is that I never receive any SMS message from DJII, so I am unable to fly. However, if I drive back home to my desktop computer, go to the DJI flysafe self-unlock website and enter the information, I'll receive the SMS message right away and am able to unlock and fly. I have tested the phone and can send/recieve messages at that location, so it's not an issue of cellular coverage. I tested it at another self-unlock blue zone location as well today and experienced the same issue. Any suggestions? My DJI Go 4 app and my firmware are up to date.

If I hear you correctly you cannot apply for unlock on a cell phone.You can apply on any non cellular device-tablet,laptop,desktop etc.You will of course receive the code on your cell.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
If I hear you correctly you cannot apply for unlock on a cell phone.You can apply on any non cellular device-tablet,laptop,desktop etc.You will of course receive the code on your cell.
When I apply for self unlock from cell phone on site, the app says the code has been sent to my cell phone number, but I don't receive the code. However, if I apply for self unlock on DJI's website entering my controller serial #, etc, I receive the code to my cell phone right away. So essentially I am able to apply on site, but the authorization code never arrives.

Last edited:
I know a while back I had to have my browser in desktop mode.
Maybe instead of sms code try voice mail for verification that works for me at times when I dont get the sms code.

Reactions: Thomas B
I am now at home and trying to get authorization from desktop using DJI's flysafe self-unlocking web page. I got a text authorization for first zone, but when I tried to also get authorization for a second airport blue zone, I get no text authorization, no matter how many times I try. I also tried voicemail authorization a few times... still no message. I give up. This system is completely unreliable. Does anyone have suggestions for a drone company that has a reliable authorization confirmation?

I am now at home and trying to get authorization from desktop using DJI's flysafe self-unlocking web page. I got a text authorization for first zone, but when I tried to also get authorization for a second airport blue zone, I get no text authorization, no matter how many times I try. I also tried voicemail authorization a few times... still no message. I give up. This system is completely unreliable. Does anyone have suggestions for a drone company that has a reliable authorization confirmation?
Experiencing the same symptoms (no "unlock code" text), I contacted DJI support and received instructions for a "Custom Unlock". It took a while and I had to answer a lot of questions, but now I can fly in my own yard, six km from an uncontrolled-airspace airport. I'm right on the edge of an "authorization zone".

Reactions: Gipper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21