DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not so easy peasy ....Uploading mp4

Norman Pyett

Reactions
I've been trying to copy/paste my url from FB and I see the black box but it states I don't have permission to upload???????
Comments please besides copy/paste here.......

I've been trying to copy/paste my url from FB and I see the black box but it states I don't have permission to upload???????
Comments please besides copy/paste here.......
Did you try the “attach files” option?
Have you uploaded this info successfully in the past?
Have you checked you settings on Facebook?

Did you try the “attach files” option? No. where does it say to attach file (the forum or FB)
Have you uploaded this info successfully in the past? No First time on uploading to forum. My FB page shows video fine
Have you checked you settings on Facebook? No. what settings would I be looking for in particular.

Don’t use Facebook any more since they want my SSN and other potentially sensitive personal info, etc for verification of identity.

Below shows the attach file button circled in black... phone interface pic, but it is on all pages.
6CCBFB38-5B22-4F07-AFE7-0402216FB1A4.jpeg

Hi Thomas, attached is a pic of my results when uploading to the media tab. Also I have to change the file to "All Files" in order to pick my MP4. could it be that the file size is to large? Video unavailable.jpgVideo unavailable.jpg

Hi Thomas, attached is a pic of my results when uploading to the media tab. Also I have to change the file to "All Files" in order to pick my MP4. could it be that the file size is to large? View attachment 82651View attachment 82651
Possibly... but folks post 12-15 min videos. I won’t have an immediate answer for you on this issue. If you have a Google drive or YouTube to upload to I know it will work from those.

Two issues that could cause this...

1. Videos are not directly uploaded to our server. Instead, you upload to youtube, vimeo, etc.. then just paste the link to it in the post or the media post.

2. This might work similarly with FB (I need to test) but the video would need to be open to the public (view it while not logged into FB) as FB will normally only show the video to your friends.

C.

Reactions: ZX14-R
Two issues that could cause this...

1. Videos are not directly uploaded to our server. Instead, you upload to youtube, vimeo, etc.. then just paste the link to it in the post or the media post.

2. This might work similarly with FB (I need to test) but the video would need to be open to the public (view it while not logged into FB) as FB will normally only show the video to your friends.

C.
And for all these methods other than FB, paste the link as text, not as media.

Actually, I tested it by copying the FB video URL and embed it into the media. It worked and displayed the FB video on the post. But, but the video was public in facebook. If it isn't public then you will get a permissions error.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 1.52.43 PM.png

Reactions: Thomas B
Actually, I tested it by copying the FB video URL and embed it into the media. It worked and displayed the FB video on the post. But, but the video was public in facebook. If it isn't public then you will get a permissions error.

View attachment 82656

........the video was public in facebook.........
Tom, just went into FB and changed my settings to public. I'll try reloading

Thanks again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnhernandez