DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not the best first drone experience

Interesting. Of all the things you may have purchased in your life, you have been fortunate enough to have never had something you needed to return because of an imperfection? Others may not be as fortunate as yourself.
Real world production techniques can be flawed and those percentages are calculated in production costs.
Except I'm pretty sure Dji claims to be ISO 9001:2015 compliant - meaning they use SPC and should not have bad product with this extensive an error list released in the wild.

More likely just a bad unit that escaped the random assembly line QA testing.
ISO 9001:2015 should mean they do not sample - it;'s a continuously monitored process.
I used to setup production lines with SPC data gathering for real time quality control for automotive sensors.

That really sucks, I sincerely hope you get flying soon. I am going through a similar issue with Powervision at the moment. I recently purchased a Power Egg on sale from B&H. It's not my first drone though. Mine will fly but that's about all it will do unfortunately. Technical support has been responsive in getting back to me but seem to be short on answers or ideas on what to do. Good luck getting in the air soon.
Hello there!

Im a first time drone owner and i got the Mavic Mini with the fly more combo yesterday on launch day. Super happy i got the one and only in stock in my town. :)

But the excitment was and the duzz was short lived. After i charged every battery, controller and read the start up guide it was time to fire it up. I realieze its a complex machine and it takes some time to get things going but i started to get worried when this messeges keepes popping up in the app over and over again after restart after restart and even after firmware upgrades and re-flashing of firmware.

I didtn get the propellers turning one second. And i couldnt do the IMU calibration as well. When i start up the calibration nothing happens when i tap the start button. See the images i attach too this post.

I contacted DJI support on facebook and they told me i needed a replacement. ****. i just want to fly! Now im not shure if i want it at all. If it is this difficult to get things running maybe i should wait for later versions. Or what have you guys to say about it?

View attachment 85367

Maybe it was the last one for a reason.... Could have been flown before and had a crash....

Hello there!

Im a first time drone owner and i got the Mavic Mini with the fly more combo yesterday on launch day. Super happy i got the one and only in stock in my town. :)

But the excitment was and the duzz was short lived. After i charged every battery, controller and read the start up guide it was time to fire it up. I realieze its a complex machine and it takes some time to get things going but i started to get worried when this messeges keepes popping up in the app over and over again after restart after restart and even after firmware upgrades and re-flashing of firmware.

I didtn get the propellers turning one second. And i couldnt do the IMU calibration as well. When i start up the calibration nothing happens when i tap the start button. See the images i attach too this post.

I contacted DJI support on facebook and they told me i needed a replacement. ****. i just want to fly! Now im not shure if i want it at all. If it is this difficult to get things running maybe i should wait for later versions. Or what have you guys to say about it?

View attachment 85367
Might have got a manufactured lemon. Take it back to where you bought it, and try again

ISO 9001:2015 should mean they do not sample - it;'s a continuously monitored process.
I used to setup production lines with SPC data gathering for real time quality control for automotive sensors.
"Should" being the operative word. Reality may be they are not truly compliant, assuming they ever claimed to be. Somehow, obviously defective units are still being shipped out, and DOA units have a DJI dealer priority replacement process. I know even Autel only randomly tests their EVO units for manufacturing defects. Those EVO units that have been tested have a different box seal that is black, instead of clear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_