DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nothing like seeing the neighbors had a party last night

Suggestions? Good Lord man! Get a decent computer!
I can't imagine anyone trying to do any kind of photo or video processing with a 20 year old Mac.
In fact I'm tempted to say it's an exaggeration since if memory serves a 1997 Macs was B&W - no color.
The first color Mac, the Macintosh II, was released in 1987. But point well taken.

I have also been shooting dSLR's for almost 2 decades and have used bracketing in all high contrast situations for more dynamic range. No matter what camera sensor you have it will not be the same dynamic range as we see with our own eyes. I put the exposure down to match the midtones so I won't have any "Blown out" parts (Which is where all detail is lost and RGB is 255,255,255) I have found this to work best on the Mavic. On my regular camera an Olympus OMD EM1 mark 2 I don't have to under-expose because its metering is more weighted to the scene, but still AEB high contrast scenes to get all the range..

The first color Mac, the Macintosh II, was released in 1987. But point well taken.

I had a Mac IIci back in 1990. It had color, and a whopping 100mb hard drive.

I had a Mac IIci back in 1990. It had color, and a whopping 100mb hard drive.
The first hard drive that I owned was a SCSI drive connected to my heavily modified original 1984 Macintosh 128K. It was 70MB and cost over $700 in 80's dollars. YIKES!

Something to remember he's shooting in the golden hour. About an hour before sunrise and an hour before sunset gives the very best lighting. Wonderful photos of your area. Now just get up a little earlier and catch the bugger partying.

You do not need filters or photoshop or particular computers. For nice shots, just Mavic camera is sufficent coupled with the sensitivity of the photographer to use it in the best way
Pano Anguillara 1.jpg

You do not need filters or photoshop or particular computers. For nice shots, just Mavic camera is sufficent coupled with the sensitivity of the photographer to use it in the best way
True, but I like high dynamic images, shot at times where the Mavic camera simply doesn't have the dynamic range to capture it like the human eye. This is why I use the AEB function and photomerge them in photoshop. I never knew there was a "best way" and I am constantly learning. But I like crisp sharp images that are vivid..
24130236_10207886582443089_5628051590697220012_o.jpg

I used no filters on my Mavic for any of these shots. Only time I have used the Polar pro filters is for longer exposure shots, Wish the Mavic had an ISO Lower then 100 sometimes. But for Editing post these were all done in Photoshop Elements 12, using the Nik collection which is a free add on from Google. Here's what it looks like there this morning in the 0f (-17.7c) weather during predawn.
25542759_10208023930916715_5112041357866290220_o.jpg

Wow, just wow. Theres me stressing because i dont have ANY filters at all, then see these pictures and have a returned sense of hope that i may be able to get the same looks haha.

Do you guys have any ideas for the post processing of exposure bracketed images? Whenever I try to combine them in photoshop photomerge, the toning gives horrible results that don’t look anything realistic or nice. I have had much better results with editing raw images and retrieving information from the low light areas and toning down the highlights a bit. Seeing these pictures makes me want to try arb again though, but I don’t know how to get better results!

Suggestions? Good Lord man! Get a decent computer!
I can't imagine anyone trying to do any kind of photo or video processing with a 20 year old Mac.
In fact I'm tempted to say it's an exaggeration since if memory serves a 1997 Macs was B&W - no color.
Ah, @Brojon, the understated voice of reason. :)

Reactions: Brojon
lol - so I was off by a decade. ;) Still, this was the age when Pentium II's were the hottest CPU around and hard drives were measured in megabytes. Computers were bleeding edge if they had a clock speed in excess of 200 Mhz, more than 64 mb of main memory and a hard drive bigger than 1GB.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid