DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Novice Mistake but got lucky!

Maybe this is an OKlahoma thing! About the same time, I had a similar experience on he Chelsea Rt66 bridge. I maintained some control, but it was drifting a lot and about sent it into the bridge before I got it down. Later I flew it through the double lane iron bridge at Catoosa with no issues. From the two videos, it looks like the drones are drifting to the side they are closest to when they enter the bridge.

Maybe this is an OKlahoma thing! About the same time, I had a similar experience on he Chelsea Rt66 bridge. I maintained some control, but it was drifting a lot and about sent it into the bridge before I got it down. Later I flew it through the double lane iron bridge at Catoosa with no issues. From the two videos, it looks like the drones are drifting to the side they are closest to when they enter the bridge.

It's an iron bridge thing. Most iron bridges will have a significant level of magnetization.

I thought flying through an old steel bridge would make a good video. I should have realized the potential danger. Steel and radio signals don't mix well. Got lucky though. See video. Effects of steel on drone Control
How much control did you actually have once you got into the cage? Any? Why not just run in there and grab it? :O

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom