DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now... I hate my Mavic

Go 4 works flawlessly on most android devices. The apple minority is very vocal though so you wouldn't think it.

Minority! That’s hilarious. Apple has the largest market share of hardware in the world. Yes Android is bigger, but Android is a OS, not a device. Android goes on every pay as you go phone and all the way up to Samsung. Hardly a comparison.

I have gone through P3 Standard, Advanced, Pro, P4, Mavic and P4 Pro, I have to say that there are always bugs in each update. My .02 is that if you are happy with your current firmware, don't update. If it doesn't break, don't update. If DJI doesn't force you to update, don't update.

Apple devices will work much better than Android devices, Period. I am an Android fan and I hate Apple products and I keep saying that Apple products are way overpriced. BUT, I bought the iPad 9.7 2017 to use it with my DJI drones. I just have to say "Man, that is a huge difference between the iPad and my Samsung phone and tablet".

Minority! That’s hilarious. Apple has the largest market share of hardware in the world. Yes Android is bigger, but Android is a OS, not a device. Android goes on every pay as you go phone and all the way up to Samsung. Hardly a comparison.

85% of mobile devices are android. Quite simply there are a huge more mobile users than apple. Although you wouldn't have thought it on the internet given the amount of noise and shouting the 15% do.

The basic fact is more people use android with DJI Go than apple and for the vast majority of it the app works perfectly. You might be surprised to find out it breaks on apple too occasionally.

Reactions: Vilco
I would hardly call that "disabling" a "feature" which you posted and then deleted. That doesnt help me much. My complaint is that things should get better with updates, not 10x worse.
I fly 2km missions weekly. Im on firmware 1.3.300. I use a Hauwei Mate 8 on the latest firm ware. I've never had issues. Just roll back. The latest features don't make your footage any better or fly your drone any more fancy.i film for broadcast channels all over the world. Get the basics right and don't reinvent the wheel

Reactions: Phlier
85% of mobile devices are android. Quite simply there are a huge more mobile users than apple. Although you wouldn't have thought it on the internet given the amount of noise and shouting the 15% do.

The basic fact is more people use android with DJI Go than apple and for the vast majority of it the app works perfectly. You might be surprised to find out it breaks on apple too occasionally.

Yes I agree, because Android is an os. Not a phone. iPhone, is a phone. So, 80% of Non-iPhones have Android for an OS, and 100% of iPhones have iOS!

Every burner phone in K-Mart has Android. That’s how that statistic works.

Apple never breaks. Ever.

Go 4 works flawlessly on most android devices. The apple minority is very vocal though so you wouldn't think it.

The same minority that want to throw their devices out the window or in the trash with the slightest hint of an issue? :p

Re: what's better for flying the Mavic... As I post from my Android phone, the iPad Mini is the preferred/better device to fly the Mavic. Want to use an Android phone? Great, it'll work and it's a personal choice. Just remember that choice and own up to it when the app crashes mid-flight. Don't blame DJI when there is plenty of anecdotal evidence detailing the better platform for the specific purpose of flying the MP. If biases can't be put aside to make that informed decision... :eek:

Yes I agree, because Android is an os. Not a phone. iPhone, is a phone. So, 80% of Non-iPhones have Android for an OS, and 100% of iPhones have iOS!

Every burner phone in K-Mart has Android. That’s how that statistic works.

Apple never breaks. Ever.
iPhone never breaks..... That's the best joke I've heard all year. Just don't upgrade ur OS to 11 or its stuffed permanently. My daughter just took her 7 to iOS 11. Now the battery doesn't even last 6 hours, she has to shut it down and reboot almost after every app she runs. I suppose Ure right. iPhone never breaks ... Apple does it for u

iPhone never breaks..... That's the best joke I've heard all year. Just don't upgrade ur OS to 11 or its stuffed permanently. My daughter just took her 7 to iOS 11. Now the battery doesn't even last 6 hours, she has to shut it down and reboot almost after every app she runs. I suppose Ure right. iPhone never breaks ... Apple does it for u

Must have did it wrong? I’m on iOS 11 and it works perfection. As does my iPad Pro, my MacBook, my Apple TV, my Apple Watch. Oh and they work seamlessly together in perfect harmony!

Seriously, Apple devices are worth every penny. Plus, since 2007 I have never paid for a device. Every year I buy a new iPhone, with the money I sell the device for. Every year I owe $480 to pay off my device, and I sell my iPhone for $700 used and unlocked on Craigslist. I make money usually!

If anything else it’s the resell value. Apple is top quality and therefore commands top resell! Even my old iPad Pro 12.9” I bought for $1,095 two years ago I just sold for $850. That’s less than a 10% depreciation per year! iPhones depreciate at about 25-30% annually.

Hey each to there own. Me, my family, and my company of 1400 devices, all use Apple, and have always have had great luck. Almost never a “my phone just broke”.

Enjoy yours and I’ll enjoy mine!

#AppleNeverBreaks!

I find this thread funny. I don't know why people are doing Android vs iOS war here again. I am an Android fan but I have no problem using iOS devices. I bought my very first iPad simply just because DJI is favoring iOS and I have to say that the iPad gives me a better flying experience. That is the only one reason why I bought the iPad. I had Samsung Tab S and S2. I am using my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and S8+. The 2 phones are fine for drone flying purpose but I couldn't even get the 2 tablets to work. They both lagged very bad from the beginning. I tried all possible ways to make them work and then I finally gave up. I bought the iPad and it has been working wonderfully.

I am still an Android fan but for drone flying purpose, iOS wins. I don't care about resell value. This forum is not meant for that. We are here to discus about drones and help each other out.

This sounds stupid, but use a different USB cable and plug it in on bottom on controller in the full size USB port.

Reactions: Flycaster
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the Mavic. The issues you are experiencing are Android related issues.

I'm also a Sony Xperia user and diehard Android user BUT I run a iPad Mini 4 specifically for the Mavic. Coming into this, I knew the Android app was not something I wanted to experience given all of the feedback regarding crashes and such. The experience has been nothing but flawless on iOS. It pains me to recommend it but try it with an iOS device and your feelings may change.

I agree with using an iPad but they work flawlessly with everything DJI has made! Just about! I do have an Nvidia shield k1 which has also worked great with my Mavic and P4P as well.

Reactions: L.L.
I fly 2km missions weekly. Im on firmware 1.3.300. I use a Hauwei Mate 8 on the latest firm ware. I've never had issues. Just roll back. The latest features don't make your footage any better or fly your drone any more fancy.i film for broadcast channels all over the world. Get the basics right and don't reinvent the wheel

Love the way you think.

I've been flying Phantoms since Dec 2013, always using Android. I've had my Mavic since Oct 2016 and it has worked reasonably well because I dedicated an old Samsung S5 just for flying. I mostly use Litchi but also Go sometimes. Neither really work with my Nexus 5x (Android 7.x). **** DJI for that but then what did they ever know about software development? It's not their expertise.

My Mavic is still on FW 0700 and I like that version fine. About a month ago it kind of crapped out. Litchi did not upgrade versions but it stopped running on my reliable old S5. Go 4.1.9 is working ok but I want to see if iOS really is better so finally bit the bullet today and ordered a used iPad Mini 4 128GB cellular ("only" $325) which will be just for flying. Hope that works better. I like flying more than I don't like Apple and their products so decided to just do it. If it's not better I can just sell it. Maybe I'll end up trying Autopilot.

Reactions: andrew lindsay
I've been flying Phantoms since Dec 2013, always using Android. I've had my Mavic since Oct 2016 and it has worked reasonably well because I dedicated an old Samsung S5 just for flying. I mostly use Litchi but also Go sometimes. Neither really work with my Nexus 5x (Android 7.x). **** DJI for that but then what did they ever know about software development? It's not their expertise.

My Mavic is still on FW 0700 and I like that version fine. About a month ago it kind of crapped out. Litchi did not upgrade versions but it stopped running on my reliable old S5. Go 4.1.9 is working ok but I want to see if iOS really is better so finally bit the bullet today and ordered a used iPad Mini 4 128GB cellular ("only" $325) which will be just for flying. Hope that works better. I like flying more than I don't like Apple and their products so decided to just do it. If it's not better I can just sell it. Maybe I'll end up trying Autopilot.

You’ll love it! If anything it’s the processing of the video for the FPV. It’s smooth and fluid!

Huawei took market share from Apple to sit at #2 in September, but despite the Note 7 debacle last year (which Samsung is still recovering from), Apple has yet to remain #1 for more than a few months. Both Samsung and Apple have low growth compared to Huawei, which is still on the up despite lacking western market penetration.

Very few choose to go from Android to iOS, compared to vice-versa. We'll have to see how all three do this quarter with the 8's release.

I plan on buying a used iPhone 6s Plus/iPad mini to use as a dedicated device. I've had flawless operation of my Mavic on iOS.

Now I did have a lot of disconnects which were the result of using DJI's supplied mini USB cable on the transmitter. Thankfully they put a standard sized USB port on the bottom of the USB that works.

I recently switched back to android cause my wife took over my ipad but i'm glad my new phone still has 5.1.1. I believe that's the most stable version of android for the go app. I think the processing power of the phones matter to, if you're using a old dual core processor phone you might have problems. My phone has 8 cores and works but sometimes experiences lag.

BTW, Random155, if you're going to use the bottom USB port on the RC, make sure there's nothing plugged into the side port or the bottom port won't connect to anything.

I've never had any problems. Smartphone connects to bottom port and, if I'm flying for more than a couple of hours, my last battery connects to side port (via flight battery USB adapter & USB cable) to keep my controller charged up. Been using this setup for months without any issues.

Ooops, point already made...
For those who are unaware, I just wanted to mention that you can use the bottom USB port for your smart device while plugging a charger into the top port and charging the rc while flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman