DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now I've gone and done it (I need therapy)

Well now that beer drinking thing is debatable, you may even be getting smarter the more you drink in the evening. Let's take a look at Cliff's theory:

Ya see, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.” So don't worry so much about buying those Mavics! :)

I wonder if the younger pilots will get the Cliff reference, that was along time ago. Cheers (pardon the pun)[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as we are reaching back - now kiddies, how about I now feel, finally, like Sky King! (g)

I wonder if the younger pilots will get the Cliff reference, that was along time ago. Cheers (pardon the pun)

Well, as long as we are reaching back - now kiddies, how about I now feel, finally, like Sky King! (g)[/QUOTE]

Sky King! That is really going back. Was that in the 60’s?

Yeah, but what was the name of his aircraft and what type was it? :)

For completeness!!!

Sky King: Cessna 310 airplane "Songbird"

Whirlybirds: The two helicopter types used were Bell models, a 47G and a 47J Ranger; the tail numbers were N975B and N2838B (and N1538B as back-up), respectively. In reality, many helicopters played the role of N975B. Other Bell 47Gs owned by National Helicopter Service were used in the filming with "N975B" decals covering their actual registrations.

Airwolf: The flight-capable Airwolf helicopter was a cosmetically modified Bell 222, serial number 47085, sometimes unofficially called a Bell 222A.[9] During filming of the series, the helicopter was owned by Jetcopters, Inc. of Van Nuys, California.[10] The helicopter was eventually sold after the show ended and became an ambulance helicopter in Germany, where it crashed in a thunderstorm and was destroyed on June 6, 1992, killing all three crew members

Just got delivery confirmation of both birds. Going to collect them in the morning :D

Reactions: ff22
Oh boy the activation didn't go well. Had to un-install the Go4 app and re-install to phone. Reboot phone, M2Z and controller then "zoom" (pardon the pun) along we go with new firmware. Charged 4 batteries and now having an adult beverage. Looking across the room I still haven't opened the M2P yet so that will take a bit more time to sort out.

Now back to the regular programming folks :D

I was thinking about that too.
Begs the question, which whiskey to buy :rolleyes:
Being that the proposal is to have both drones and the new controller, it makes sense to buy more than one whiskey...for the sake of consistency, of course.

Reactions: ff22
Ardbeg single malt Islay whisky....take it from me I know! Yes Whisky not Whiskey!!
yes - whisky
i see new hampshire liquor and wine outlets have the different ages and styles at prices ranging from $44.99 to $499.99, while vt allows the sale of only the 10yo at $48.99. what do you drink?

Reactions: 747P4
Being that the proposal is to have both drones and the new controller, it makes sense to buy more than one whiskey...for the sake of consistency, of course.

Now you got me thinking great idea :D

I've done it myself. always looks better after a few.

Maybe I need to stop drinking my beer at night![/QUOTE]

Reactions: 747P4
So I have a part 107 cert and have 2 other drones.
Was considering purchasing a used Inspire 2, but having been on the I2 forum (as a lurker) I was concerned that this may not be a good idea, for personal reasons.
The price of the I2 meant I could buy 2 new drones for the price of one, so I bit the bullet (after a few beers, why do I do that) :rolleyes:

So, today I purchased the M2 Pro and M2Z (scratching head).
Of course I will have to sell my beloved MPP (which takes some great pictures and my P4 which I really love to fly) so for obvious reasons I cannot justify keeping the other birds.

Maybe I need to stop drinking my beer at night!

Remember “no flying for 8 hour after your last beer or your blood alcohol is under .04”. [emoji56]

If it's not too late, stop the order, or return the order not opened.
Instead, purchase a zoom with the new remote controller ($1649 on DJI site), and buy a pro camera separately( aprox $550). You will have both cameras and the new controller, which offers many convenience advantages for less than what your just paid....$2199 vs $2750. With the difference, you'll be able to buy a battery, beer and whiskey
I bought a MAV2 pro and the I got the Zoom gimbal. With the propper hex in hand it will take under 5 minutes to swap gimbals...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk