DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Number of flights and distance

Skeeter1850

Reactions
I’m a newbie and have 23 flights total of 2:16 minute just trying to figure it out and getting comfortable with it and have been out over frozen lake over a mile at 50’.

What are some numbers you have?
Number of flights?
Distance?
Amount of time flown?

This is addictive

Attachments

• C02D70B2-63EE-42C5-B741-549AF5E6DE99.jpeg
    C02D70B2-63EE-42C5-B741-549AF5E6DE99.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 76
I’m a newbie and have 23 flights total of 2:16 minute just trying to figure it out and getting comfortable with it and have been out over frozen lake over a mile at 50’.

What are some numbers you have?
Number of flights?
Distance?
Amount of time flown?

This is addictive
And did you obey the laws and regulations while doing this? That is, maintain Vlos, or are you just going to be another rule/reglation breaker that gives us all a bad name?

And did you obey the laws and regulations while doing this? That is, maintain Vlos, or are you just going to be another rule/reglation breaker that gives us all a bad name?

Yes I kept it in sight as I am afraid of loosing it and I’m doing the best I can to obey every rule I can, I am reading diligently to make sure that I understand all the rules and regulations and maybe get my 107. I’m sorry I posted this as it seems this forum does not like newbies asking questions. I will remain silent and probably remove myself as I’m doing my best and I’m sure there are other newbies out there that would like to participate but it seems someone always wants to shoot you down. I did not come here to pick a fight I came to learn, now I have another lesson learned

I should not waste my time explaining myself to someone that wants to be critical of a new pilot but just to be clear it up in Wisconsin the lakes are frozen, we are marking ice roads on the lake to drive on, I was flying over the recycled Christmas trees that we use to mark the roads. To measure spacing and to make the road straight. I would fly to the next point and set down, the team from the club would walk to that point and we would move on. It never left my sight or my spotters sight.. Gecko10, I see that you are 77 years old and I have read some of your other posts and it seems you are fast to pass judgement on others. I’m just shy of 60 and have been around also, but I find great enjoyment sharing my knowledge with others including the Boy Scouts, my sons school group and people from our church. if I made a error by your standards I apologize to the group

Unfortunately there will always keyboard warriors on these pages. These people don’t ever use their phones when driving, they don’t ever speed or jump a light etc. The rules are there to be observed and to be enforced by the law. They are not there to be rammed down our throats by over entitled jumped up wanna be pilots.

While I do believe that we should follow the rules it does appear that Gecko was assuming in his post that the OP was not. Best always to learn the facts before making judgments.

And Skeeter please do not be put off. There are lots of very helpful people on this forum. Don’t hesitate to ay questions, it’s how we all learn.

While I do believe that we should follow the rules it does appear that Gecko was assuming in his post that the OP was not. Best always to learn the facts before making judgments.

And Skeeter please do not be put off. There are lots of very helpful people on this forum. Don’t hesitate to ay questions, it’s how we all learn.

Agreed. I just don't waqnt to see a new pilot get off on the wrong foot

Yes I kept it in sight as I am afraid of loosing it and I’m doing the best I can to obey every rule I can, I am reading diligently to make sure that I understand all the rules and regulations and maybe get my 107. I’m sorry I posted this as it seems this forum does not like newbies asking questions. I will remain silent and probably remove myself as I’m doing my best and I’m sure there are other newbies out there that would like to participate but it seems someone always wants to shoot you down. I did not come here to pick a fight I came to learn, now I have another lesson learned

Great, good for you. Some people here just feel that the rules are made to be broken and when you point our to them they get snotty and attempt to respond with ridiculous simile. On the other hand your response was a reasoned, mature one.

Reactions: Former Member
Whilst I agree with what you’re saying, the manner in which you have done so comes across as being a little aggressive and confrontational. I’m sure that’s not how you meant it.

I should not waste my time explaining myself to someone that wants to be critical of a new pilot but just to be clear it up in Wisconsin the lakes are frozen, we are marking ice roads on the lake to drive on, I was flying over the recycled Christmas trees that we use to mark the roads. To measure spacing and to make the road straight. I would fly to the next point and set down, the team from the club would walk to that point and we would move on. It never left my sight or my spotters sight.. Gecko10, I see that you are 77 years old and I have read some of your other posts and it seems you are fast to pass judgement on others. I’m just shy of 60 and have been around also, but I find great enjoyment sharing my knowledge with others including the Boy Scouts, my sons school group and people from our church. if I made a error by your standards I apologize to the group
Good for you, couldn’t have put it better myself. Enjoy the hobby and don’t let the minority’s ramblings put you off. Take care and catch you later. Peter

I appreciate all the replies, I asked the question as I am new to this and was looking at longevity of the Mavic and I'm interested in statistics.

I probably left out one of the most important credentials when I tried to explain myself, my son and I are both very active AMA members and belong to and support a local RC club. I started by flying helicopters in 88 and I taught him to fly planes a few years back and others. He now flies RC planes competitively at local events and continues to teach younger kids. He can relate to the kids better than most being a young adult himself.

I have been a member of many clubs and forums through the years and have learned a lot. I have read lots of threads in a lot of places and think this forum has some of the most intelligent and interesting topics. I wish people would learn that everyone is learning every day and that by sharing information you will get more people to buy into the program but you need to do this in a non confrontational way. or people will resist.

Thanks again for your time and I will continue to monitor the forum

I appreciate all the replies, I asked the question as I am new to this and was looking at longevity of the Mavic and I'm interested in statistics.

I probably left out one of the most important credentials when I tried to explain myself, my son and I are both very active AMA members and belong to and support a local RC club. I started by flying helicopters in 88 and I taught him to fly planes a few years back and others. He now flies RC planes competitively at local events and continues to teach younger kids. He can relate to the kids better than most being a young adult himself.

I have been a member of many clubs and forums through the years and have learned a lot. I have read lots of threads in a lot of places and think this forum has some of the most intelligent and interesting topics. I wish people would learn that everyone is learning every day and that by sharing information you will get more people to buy into the program but you need to do this in a non confrontational way. or people will resist.

Thanks again for your time and I will continue to monitor the forum

Please do and feel free to share photos, videos etc. This place is a mine of information and there’s no shortage of people prepared to help with honest, constructive advice. Take care and catch you later. Peter.

It really is getting hostile round here. I tried to say my piece regarding the culture of bullies that lurk on these forums but you just get shot down.

Don’t worry what the little crybaby keyboard warriors say. Learn from the good ones, have private conversations with them like I’ve had to do and enjoy this great hobby without being put off by the media robots.

There are far more open honest pilots here than police so spot the good ones and interact with them and the snakes will slither off to another forum eventually.

Hope you hang around and share how it goes.

Pz

:rolleyes: REALLY??? Nice welcome Hitting the Ignore button on Gecko10 profile so he doesn't waist my internet bandwidth.

I'm at 19 flights and 3 hours and 22 min. Cant wait for spring when there are more decent days. these things are a blast and it seems that there is a never ending list of things to learn.

Reactions: Skeeter1850
As long as you stay out of the trees etc they are very reliable machines.

Happy flying and don't get put of by others attitudes.

WOW!! Over 4,660 km flown!!
Are those real numbers? You are the master...

But it is impossible that you made all that with one Mavic? How many batteries have you burned? How many crashes? How many props did you replace? And, ...how many Gb of video or photos did you make?

You rock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer