DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Number of flights and distance

WOW!! Over 4,660 km flown!!
Are those real numbers? You are the master...

But it is impossible that you made all that with one Mavic? How many batteries have you burned? How many crashes? How many props did you replace? And, ...how many Gb of video or photos did you make?

You rock.
Im sure there are people with more air time.
It is so to say one bird. Had a spark and flew it twice. Bought a mavic pro plat in march last year, it is now just under 11 months.

I have 3 batteries that now have around 200 cycles on them and they still work fine although their capacity has reduced a little bit.

Flew into a tree at about 80 flights, only broke the props so I replaced them and they are still on there now and they still look like new.

I do not capture that much video as I mainly use the drone to check certain points on the farm, flights are mostly between 5 to 10km.

e1f4dd4aa695815959b2313a51661c8a.jpg
one Mavic on 6,7,8,9,10 batteries.

And did you obey the laws and regulations while doing this? That is, maintain Vlos, or are you just going to be another rule/reglation breaker that gives us all a bad name?
You need to back off. Skeeter pretty well explained his flight. Unless you know something we do not, cool it and try to be more respectful to fellow drone piolets.

I appreciate all the replies, I asked the question as I am new to this and was looking at longevity of the Mavic and I'm interested in statistics.

I probably left out one of the most important credentials when I tried to explain myself, my son and I are both very active AMA members and belong to and support a local RC club. I started by flying helicopters in 88 and I taught him to fly planes a few years back and others. He now flies RC planes competitively at local events and continues to teach younger kids. He can relate to the kids better than most being a young adult himself.

I have been a member of many clubs and forums through the years and have learned a lot. I have read lots of threads in a lot of places and think this forum has some of the most intelligent and interesting topics. I wish people would learn that everyone is learning every day and that by sharing information you will get more people to buy into the program but you need to do this in a non confrontational way. or people will resist.

Thanks again for your time and I will continue to monitor the forum

It's good to see another AMA Flyer here (though I imagine there are many). I fly R/C and Control Line models, and in recent years, have had a big time launching them with key fob and GoPro cameras attached. This was and is a lot of fun, but the Mavic blows the doors off of everything as my first FPV experience.

I intend to blend it with R/C and C/L flying with my buds and the club where we're members. Good luck with your flying and hope to see more posts from you.

Kim

Reactions: Skeeter1850
Yes dont leave please, every forum you join is gona have a few know it alls that dont know ****! Always fighting, talking down on other and so on. if you done it they have done it better. Whatever , this forum has tons of info that some rly great ppl also [emoji1303]

Reactions: Skeeter1850 and Rnl
Koelkop, what you posted is what I was looking for, that is amazing. It’s cool to see how many flights people have, time in the air and the distance covered.

We have a lot of ice fishing clubs that are starting to use them to survey cracks in the ice and where to put ice bridges. So much SAFER when you know in advance what is happening on the lake. If you want to see what happens when things go bad look up sunk and dive Lake Winnebago. He has recovered more stuff out of the lake than anyone. They don’t use drones but a lot of us recreational flyers help the local clubs by flying down the cracks and see if ice is moving. Can’t wait till spring and getting some footage of ice shoves (look that up, impressive amount of power), it’s always observed from shore but I can see that changing since we have so many new drone pilots. All these flights are low away from people and within sight. Also no one is using for commercial use or posting on line, if we see bad spots we tell the club GPS coordinates so the clubs and can deal with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones