DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Number of mini crashed

That's exactly how I fly also! At most I take my Mini over the near by Stadium and hover no more than 60 m above the Stadium(+ 10 m because I take off from the 4th floor balcony) so say 70m actual height shooting some videos, That's about 130 m distance away from me, and still I get a bit anxious when its so far away! It really is a very delicate bird and I also do the same, if there is any wind that I myself think is too much for the lil drone then I just fly indoors or not fly at all!

The little Mavic Mini was designed to fly in winds of about 8 m/s (28.8km/h or 17.8955miles/h) at most, or maximum! I've set my UAV Forecast application's Wind Speed Alert to alert me if it is 30km/h and so I won't fly then. I always check the Wind Speed at quite a height above the actual height that I'm planning to fly - just to be sure that I will be able to fight the wind eventually on the way back to me if I have to and more importantly to be sure that my Mini will not get blown away! Usually I check at about 250 m height, if there is not much wind there then I go fly, else indoors flights it will have to be.

cool

For indoors flying I'd really look into "whoops" if you haven't

you can get a ready to fly FPV kit for less than $150 bucks and that is a heck of a lot more fun indoors than the Mini. I even fly my whoop outdoors in the backyard while sitting near a window inside the house on cold days.

Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
For indoors flying I'd really look into "whoops" if you haven't

you can get a ready to fly FPV kit for less than $150 bucks and that is a heck of a lot more fun indoors than the Mini. I even fly my whoop outdoors in the backyard while sitting near a window inside the house on cold days.

Thanks for pointing it out hey. I honestly have thought of getting into FPV, but I was actually already into micro 3D helicopters. I started off with a WL Toys V911, a small 4 Channel lil white helicopter. I immediately loved it and got the hang of flying it pretty quickly! Next thing you know I'm looking at the 6 Channel version, and then after a few months I got me a WL Toys V977, my first 6CH micro 3D helicopter! I took it outside during a windy day, flew it and as soon as I went above the house it just started gaining altitude all by itself, I tried to bring it down but could not and the V977 was STOLEN BY THE WIND!!! I remember crying, was 31 years old but I did really cry for my heli hey! That feeling when you just have the control(TX) and no craft is terrible, I don't wish it to anyone ever! It was a wonderful workhorse my V977 to learn how 6CH helis fly & how they actually work & so I immediately got me another helicopter, same one and flew that one for about a year! I obviously crashed it many times and with each crash I got more and more spare parts and more and more tools, soldering iron and what not!\

Now I'm actually very very proficient and good at diagnosing, maintaining, repairing, tuning, upgrading & tweaking my micro helicopters! After a year of flying the V977 I realized that I cannot change, set the Throttle Curve & Pitch Curve & EXPO & DR Rates & other settings of my V977 and then I got myself an XK Innovations XK K110 and an XK K120, also had the XK K100 for a while its an amazing heli to learn on, the best I'd say for learning for sure! Also in the last 4 years I've gotten many new spare parts and tools and I was all super happy with my hobby flying my helis everyday without exception!

I've always looked at the FPV Hobby and thought that its just too expensive for me hey, with all my helis and tools I have all I need is FPV gear laying around! LOL! I did once buy myself this little drone, can't remember which company it was, but it was a tiny tiny little thing with a tiny tiny camera! It used the phone for control only, didn't have its own TX/control! It was not really fun as it had many problems and would not fly well and just do things all on its own like flip and hit the wall or curtain or tv or something! So I told myself, naaa, can't be that good that I need to try.

Now though the Mini came out, ever since the Mavic Mini came out I've been looking at it and thinking about how to save up money to get it as it is aimed exactly at people like me, who want to get a drone and fly and make videos - but have never had a real drone. I fly my Mavic Mini every single day, at least one 10 to 15 minute flight - to keep my battery healthy and all. If weather is bad I fly indoors.

So all in all that's the reason behind why I don't really wanna get into the whole FPV thing - I'm happy with my micro 3D helis(which I also fly every single day - again to keep batteries and crafts in good order) and now I also have my awesome new Mavic Mini which I got for Christmas. Thank God that the Mavic Mini is low maintenance(meaning that it doesn't easily crash, does not require regular application of oil/lubrication to/on the bearings) and I don't need to have the huge amount of spare parts I have for my helis!

I'm just enjoying my Mavic Mini, flying it awesomely , just zipping around the area...

Reactions: hashfly and m80116
Good po
I guess you need to take into consideration something.

1- The mini is a cheaper drone so it will be purchased much more than an M2P or M2A or any other drone.
probably for every Mavic 2 Pro will be 10,000 minis.

2- Since the Mini is a cheaper drone, will be purchased for inexperienced people or first drone buyer. Therefore we can expect many pilot mistakes.

3- since the Mini is a cheaper drone, people have less fear to lose money if they crashed or lost and they take more chances.
Good points...

Good grief, granted I'm new to this forum. And after flying the mini I have no complaints. It's a 400 dollar drone . Quit griping or shell out the bucks for one to suit you. I have used mine for realtor pictures and have had no complaints. And yes. I passed my test to do so. My brother uses the 2 pro for his work . But my mini does fine. Quit setting higher expectations for a cheaper drone that wont perform as one 4 times its cost. And by the way. When I get a wind warning, I bring it home right away and have never had a problem.

Reactions: hashfly
I am completly stunned by the number of minis chrashed, and the oweners claiming the lack of power in minis propellers. All owners are exctually describing the same thing. Normal flying in sport mode and sudden descent resulting in falling or crash.
Reading logs in some cases are completly different then those notification appeard on mobile phone while flying.
Example, in my case in log was that I was warned 50!!times in 1second that max power is.
I think this is glitch. And DJI doesnt wont to say anything but waiting for new sw.
Don’t know if it has been posted before but on page 16 in the MM manual there is clear instructions stating that the altitude sensor doesn’t work over water.
I have also watched and read some of these crashes and I am confident that 9 out of 10 crashes are due to pilot mistakes or not using the MM under circumstances that it was designed for. As someone also mentioned, I treat mine as the delicate little bird it is. I don’t think it is merely a toy or a selfie drone for teenagers as some have said. I consider it a drone for people who wants to start photographing using drones. Like a the first expensive camera you buy when you want to start photographing more seriously.

Reactions: BJR981S

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL