DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Number of mini crashed

Bojan

Reactions
I am completly stunned by the number of minis chrashed, and the oweners claiming the lack of power in minis propellers. All owners are exctually describing the same thing. Normal flying in sport mode and sudden descent resulting in falling or crash.
Reading logs in some cases are completly different then those notification appeard on mobile phone while flying.
Example, in my case in log was that I was warned 50!!times in 1second that max power is.
I think this is glitch. And DJI doesnt wont to say anything but waiting for new sw.

Last edited:
This is my contribution on a separate thread, you can see flight logs, weather conditions etc. in the thread.

I am waiting on DJI tech support to come back to me with the answer to some questions e.g. At five minutes you tell me the mini tilted and I got a strong wind warning, at 11 minutes when the drone lost power you have not told me the drone tilted or that I got a strong wind warning yet you told me the drone descended due to strong wind. Are you saying that a warning at 5 minutes affected the flight at 11 minutes ?

I think he is saying that he was only warned once in the app despite the log showing numerous warnings.

I treat my mini like the delicate little bird she is, only fly on calm days, under 250ft and close by... if I get a warning I bring her home immediately....

Def want a larger drone so I can do more adventurous stuff, but the mini is not that bird and I acknowledge that

I guess you need to take into consideration something.

1- The mini is a cheaper drone so it will be purchased much more than an M2P or M2A or any other drone.
probably for every Mavic 2 Pro will be 10,000 minis.

2- Since the Mini is a cheaper drone, will be purchased for inexperienced people or first drone buyer. Therefore we can expect many pilot mistakes.

3- since the Mini is a cheaper drone, people have less fear to lose money if they crashed or lost and they take more chances.

Example, in my case in log was that I was warned 50!!times in 1second that max power is.
I think this is glitch. And DJI doesnt wont to say anything but waiting for new sw.
That is because of the data tramsmission rate. The visual would only be a few seconds.

Reactions: Capt KO
I think he is saying that he was only warned once in the app despite the log showing numerous warnings.

I treat my mini like the delicate little bird she is, only fly on calm days, under 250ft and close by... if I get a warning I bring her home immediately....

Def want a larger drone so I can do more adventurous stuff, but the mini is not that bird and I acknowledge that
I was flying at 115m when I get notification. I looked up and there he was falling above me around 50m. Trying to maneouvre him didnt work. I had to catch him with my hands.
There is no reasonable reason that software would try to alert emergency 50 times in 1 second.

This has nothing to do with cheap drone, lack of knowlede around drones. If there is option for notifications THAT DO NOT APPEAR, if drone has max power engine without a reason, if there is lack between communication btw rc and drone, if there is the situation where you wanna drive drone but he is doing it on his own, if he is descending with no reason, that all has nothing to do with me as a pilot.

I was flying at 115m when I get notification. I looked up and there he was falling above me around 50m. Trying to maneouvre him didnt work. I had to catch him with my hands.
There is no reasonable reason that software would try to alert emergency 50 times in 1 second.
As opposed to general discussion of the incident you are referring to, care to share the data from that flight?

My thread is already posted
But I am discussing here not about my problem, because my is in fog problem. And I can say that my problem happend in fog so its my fault. But with problems I am reading on this forum and other. There is now 20 at least thread about indivudual incidents where mini crashed beacuse of lack of motors.

Reactions: RPBloor
i personally had a crash from 65 meters high, the drone was totally damaged, i received a new one and with this i have never seen any error about not enough force/esc, i think they changed the esc module, because even if you upgraded the firmware, you still have these messages/errors, even if the drone flies well, but in my opinion they have changed the ESC module, on the new drones

Ok, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, sry guys not U, I thank you very much, BUT how is possible:

My word, I received ONLY one notification, and it was when he descent from 120m back to around 30-50m, ONCE!
First of all, what I think happend is, simple word, floodin. Its just that processor gave so many notifications, that he over loaded procesor whos assignment was giving notifications over rc to phone...I dont know..my thought...never mind
And I am telling again, this thred is not for my. It is just that I am reading all this other users who are posting their problems with drones, the SAME thing. Max motors, drone collapsed no reason. OK it is cold...and all that..but so suddenly...I dont know...I am just suspicious.

We're on the Internet folks. People do not log into the Mavic Mini Help or Help me with my Crash forums unless they have a problem.

There is not a forum entitled "Help me figure out what happened during my perfect flight." Folks do not post that way.

People log in and post to complain or make note about issues they are having. Considering how many thousands and thousands of Minis have been sold, we have to ask what is the percentage of folks having an issue. Right now, we do not know.

I'm in no way suggesting it's a perfect drone. I'm too new at this to post an expert opinion. But I do know about posting habits concerning products. If you have an issue, you post and complain. If everything is hunky-dory, you don't post.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of posts about people mentioning the Mini "falling out of the sky without any reason." I'll be honest, I'm not seeing that. I'm certain there have been some issues, but IMO it's being overblown. Read the threads, look at the data and read the comments from the people who really know how to read the logs. Then note how many folks complained and never posted logs at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman