DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Number of satellite question's

seahonk

Reactions
Ok got my Mavic pro few days ago did all the updates , now around my home I have about 11 satellites , which is good from what I read , now I go to a spot in the desert and I only got 6 satellites it was flat open land but the RC said it was good to fly so I did but I only had it in beginner mode because I was scared some thing might happen , my question is how many satellites do you need to fly safely ? or is it as long as the RC says it good to fly ? I did fly with only 6 and had no problems in beginner mode , is it safe to exit beginner mode with only 6 satellites ? Thanks in advance.

Hi.
Sat configuration changes all the time. In my area it is much better in the morning than it is around 1pm. I use gps everyday for work. Im a surveyor.
I think if you have 6 and the rc says that all systems a go then go for it.
Just observe and see how it behaves. People fly these i side with 0 sats.
Enjoy flying.

Ok got my Mavic pro few days ago did all the updates , now around my home I have about 11 satellites , which is good from what I read , now I go to a spot in the desert and I only got 6 satellites it was flat open land but the RC said it was good to fly so I did but I only had it in beginner mode because I was scared some thing might happen , my question is how many satellites do you need to fly safely ? or is it as long as the RC says it good to fly ? I did fly with only 6 and had no problems in beginner mode , is it safe to exit beginner mode with only 6 satellites ? Thanks in advance.

Four is technically enough for a 3D lock, but six satellites is not generally enough for P-GPS mode, which usually requires 7 or more. You should always see many more than 6 with a clear view of the sky. I would not recommend flying with just six unless you are experienced controlling the aircraft in ATTI mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iborrego