DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia shield has a magnet!

CaveDrone

Reactions
I may be the last one to know, [emoji12] but just noticed that my Nvidia shield has a magnet on one side. I suppose I'd better keep it away from my Mavic from now on!
8a5c90a585b36455d45770a8da0eff16.jpg

I may be the last one to know, [emoji12] but just noticed that my Nvidia shield has a magnet on one side. I suppose I'd better keep it away from my Mavic from now on!
8a5c90a585b36455d45770a8da0eff16.jpg
The magnet is for the Shield case, I have not had any issues with it affecting the controller.

Good to know. I will be keeping it some distance from the AC during storage in over-abundance of caution.

Mine has been stored right up against both the controller and the mavic in for a couple of months in my third party case...no issues

Mmm...when I get my Mavic back from repair I will power it up and open the compass values and move the Sheild around it while observing compass readings for changes and just how close I need to be to affect the readings. I probably will have to be pretty close to see a change, closer than I would want to be before starting the props

Interesting. I ordered a Griffin case for my mini iPad. When I went to turn on the Mavic, I was getting magnetic interference issues. I couldn't figure it out... When I put the iPad down in the kitchen, I laid it inadvertently over a set of keys. Thats when I noticed the key ring stuck to the case. The Griffin survivor series cases for the iPads have four high strength magnets. I was able to peel back the foam from the back of the case and remove the magnets. All is well now. Who would have thunk it??!

It's more important to keep the magnet away from the remote control while flying. I always mount my iPad mini with the home button on the right which means the major magnets are as far from the controls which I believe use "hall sensors" to measure stick position, as I can get them.

Reactions: CaveDrone
The magnet would most like affect the Mavic... but only when it's right next to it. When you are flying, the Mavic is in fight so it's not anywhere near it. The magnet only affects the compass when it's right next to it. Move it away and the compass is fine.

Reactions: CaveDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan