DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NYT Article on Anzu Robotics (DJI look-alike drones)

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I like the thermal. But it's almost $2k higher than the EVO II Dual 640T RTK Rugged Bundle that I have had my eye on

Here's a very interesting article on the makers of the green DJI look-alike drones being sold by Anzu Robotics. It should resolve much of the speculation posted here.

Are These Drones Too Chinese to Pass U.S. Muster in an Anti-China Moment?​

(Subscription not required; the link bypasses the subscription paywall.)
DJI doesn't get it. It has nothing to do where the drone is made or where the servers are operated. Congress doesn't want any money going to a Chinese company that helps fatten the budget of the CCP. Typical police departments don't have the budget to pay for the drones so most of the money that local first responders use are from the federal government through grants. Imagine the American taxpayer helping to pay for the CCP's ships, fighter jets, bombers, etc. I predict it won't fly.

The bill (‘‘Countering CCP 5 Drones Act’’) that was introduced by Representative Stefanik (NY 21st) made it clear that companies using telecommunications or video technology from DJI or affiliated with DJI would be covered by the ban.

That point was covered in the NYT article.

“This desperate attempt to evade tariffs and sanctions is futile,” Ms. Stefanik said in a statement on Friday. “DJI and all of its shell companies will be held accountable.”

The Anzu drones are not sending any data back to China. For that matter, DJI drones are not sending any tracking to surveillance data back to China. The proposed bill was never about security, it is all about taking a stand against China by using an easy target.

i just received this email from Aloft:

Ensuring the Security of the Anzu Raptor: A Successful Penetration Test by White Knight Labs​

Aloft is pleased to release the finding of the penetration test conducted by White Knight Labs where all data was shown to stay within secure, US-based, encrypted Aloft servers at all times.

You can read the full blog post, as well as get in touch with our security team or request the full attestation letter, via the link below.
ADKq_Nbn6t7tXZio4nsNt4JB7TYxI3cxGiGu0o1_DJM4Pt0QuLRQjHhvuwg732Pi4H-r5P_pSbq9Qa9C_CfdAbRtQGhz356k9nV5qOwShR4UWoF3J6qeuNXrsjcjDVH-BfhDIx3U_u1c6Se2dwO6eQ7Le2XT9OJo9CVB-8k=s0-d-e1-ft

i just received this email from Aloft:

Ensuring the Security of the Anzu Raptor: A Successful Penetration Test by White Knight Labs​

Aloft is pleased to release the finding of the penetration test conducted by White Knight Labs where all data was shown to stay within secure, US-based, encrypted Aloft servers at all times.

You can read the full blog post, as well as get in touch with our security team or request the full attestation letter, via the link below.
Ok, that's easy enough. If DJI can also get a clean and successful penetration test by White Knight Labs, it's all good for DJI then? We'll drop the CCP bill? Why didn't you say so in the first place? :p

Ok, that's easy enough. If DJI can also get a clean and successful penetration test by White Knight Labs, it's all good for DJI then? We'll drop the CCP bill? Why didn't you say so in the first place? :p

Narrator: It was never about the security.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections