DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A.P.: What you need to know about the DJI drone ban in the U.S.

^You are confusing private databases containing voluntary details vs federal government databases with mandatory registration. Dell.com/register is not a confiscation database (list).
"I registered my boats, my cars, my airplanes, my drones, and my boats. They were never confiscated."

None of those are private or voluntary.

Not going to participate in your paranoia.

I provided an example of another widely registered consumer electronics item. There are more, but one example is all that was needed.
Thanks for providing an example of a consumer electronics voluntarily registered in a non-government database. I've done several hundred of those myself but yes, I agree, one example is all you need. Thanks for confirming a consumer electronic that the owner voluntarily posts in a private database with no strings attached is free from confiscation from the government. I didn't know that. :)

I;m agreeing with you and thus, you are agreeing with me. Nothing wrong with that.

I'll adjust me post to reflect that.

There's virtually nothing you wrote in that response I agree with.

Your view that government databases have the sole purpose of future confiscation is, well, unhinged. There are tons of legally mandated, government maintained registries that have purely virtuous purposes.

If you have a pacemaker, you're registered in a government database. What you think the "sole purpose" of that database is? Confiscation?

Reactions: Torque
Thanks for providing an example of a consumer electronics voluntarily registered in a non-government database.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The FCC, a government agency, requires registration in their database to transmit with a GMRS transceiver.

I've taken the bait again. Dammit! This will be my last response to this thread 🙄

There's virtually nothing you wrote in that response I agree with.

Your view that government databases have the sole purpose of future confiscation is, well, unhinged. There are tons of legally mandated, government maintained registries that have purely virtuous purposes.

If you have a pacemaker, you're registered in a government database. What you think the "sole purpose" of that database is? Confiscation?
Sorry I'm trying to be as clear as I can.

Once a pacemaker is banned and patients are told they are no longer able to keep their pacemakers, the government will use that list to remove your pacemaker. Hypothetically speaking.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, in order to receive and use a pacemaker, you MUST registered it first with the federal government with your details, is that correct?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The FCC, a government agency, requires registration in their database to transmit with a GMRS transceiver.

I've taken the bait again. Dammit! This will be my last response to this threadm
If you don't enter your product serial number then the details cannot be used for confiscation in the event the product is banned.

• Haha
Also EPIRBs, ADSS-B units, ... None have ever been confiscated.
I have a registered PLB so I know it hasn't been confiscated. In the event, the PLB is banned for possession in the lower 48 (for example) for whatever reason, they will know I have one but since there are so few people with these, they likely will simply send an email asking me to dispose of it. The ordinary citizen will probably dispose of it and feel sad about it while someone like me recognizes defacto confiscation when it quacks. and then, if i keep it and hit that button, i'll probably get arrested because you know, the registation [confiscation] database.

• Haha
‘On April 5, 1933, FDR told Americans—in the form of Executive Order 6102—that they had less than a month to hand over their gold coins, bullion and gold certificates or face up to ten years in prison or a fine of $10,000, or both.’

When the US Seized All Citizens’ Gold​

Ninety years ago, Franklin Roosevelt told Americans they had less than a month to hand over their gold or face up to ten years in prison.​

registration = confiscation is my point.
Where's the proof of that? When was the last time the government confiscated your car?

The sole and primary purpose of a government (not private) registration database is to facilitate confiscation should the need arise.
Drones are registered in case an incident occurs and they need to trace the drone to its owner.

If the government bans DJI drones, the database would be a perfect way to prevent new registration of DJI drones. Isn't that a defacto confiscation when your new drone you somehow acquired after the ban is blocked; you supposed can't fly it without proper registration so it becomes a paperweight.
If the government bans DJI drones from being certified by the FCC, there wouldn't be a new drone to register. When Huawei was added to the list, existing hardware was not confiscated.

You register your drone with the government so when it comes time for adverse action, you facilitate it and they already have your details. If you'll notice, even when you remove your drone from your inventory, the entry forever remains in the database. Why?

To prevent the situation where someone crashes his drone into a crowd of people and then tries to remove his drone from inventory so it couldn't be traced back to him

Once a pacemaker is banned and patients are told they are no longer able to keep their pacemakers, the government will use that list to remove your pacemaker. Hypothetically speaking.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, in order to receive and use a pacemaker, you MUST registered it first with the federal government with your details, is that correct?
Or to use a realistic example, pacemakers are registered under the EP Device Implant Registry™ program. It allows researchers to track patient outcomes and provides a way to identify patients if a pacemaker is recalled by the FDA.

Under what hypothetical situation would the government confiscate a pacemaker?

There have been no instances of seasonal puddles being classified as navigable waters. More fact, less dramatic exaggeration, please.

The FCC and the FAA and all the other federal agencies do not make law, amend laws, or modify laws.

The FCC and the FAA will not be coming to take your drones.
Well the SCOTUS smacked depends the EPA 9-0 in the prior article.

“Republican Sen. Steve Daines of Montana also raised concerns about the federal government overreaching, saying that the Obama administration’s rule was "written so broadly" that it covered everything from puddles to irrigation ditches on private land, making them subject to federal regulations.”

Well the SCOTUS smacked depends the EPA 9-0 in the prior article.

“Republican Sen. Steve Daines of Montana also raised concerns about the federal government overreaching, saying that the Obama administration’s rule was "written so broadly" that it covered everything from puddles to irrigation ditches on private land, making them subject to federal regulations.”

For context, the use of the word "puddles" was by politicians talking with Fox News. The facts of the regulations and policies do not support that description.

‘On April 5, 1933, FDR told Americans—in the form of Executive Order 6102—that they had less than a month to hand over their gold coins, bullion and gold certificates or face up to ten years in prison or a fine of $10,000, or both.’

When the US Seized All Citizens’ Gold​

Ninety years ago, Franklin Roosevelt told Americans they had less than a month to hand over their gold or face up to ten years in prison.​

But at least they were compensated and they could turn around and buy gold jewelry if they wanted. Nor am I aware of anyone who was actually prosecuted for not turning their gold in. There was an interesting case involving a rare collector $20 gold piece that the government claimed belonged to them because of the FDR decree around 2006. It was an involved case in which the family sued for the return, but a jury found in favor of the government by unanimous decision.

The sole and primary purpose of a government (not private) registration database is to facilitate confiscation should the need arise.
That's ridiculous and 1000% untrue.

I'm not scaring anyone.
You are scaring yourself.
Your paranoia is running on a constant feedback loop, escalating your fears and suppressing logical thought.

That's ridiculous and 1000% untrue.

You are correct, it's not entirely true; I forgot to add one thing:

"The sole and primary purpose of a mandatory government (not private) registration database is to facilitate confiscation should the need arise."

Mandatory in this context means failure to register your ownership/operation is a crime.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Beet and Torque

"The sole and primary purpose of a mandatory government (not private) registration database is to facilitate confiscation should the need arise."

Mandatory in this context means failure to register your ownership/operation is a crime.
Perhaps it's time to stock up and retreat to your bunker for a few months.

Per post #201:

"I registered my boats, my cars, my airplanes, my drones, and my boats. They were never confiscated."

None of those are private or voluntary.

Registration in each of those databases is mandatory.

Last edited:
Do you have a source for that assertion?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint