DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI ban: What happens to the drone I already own?

One of the arguments that I heard was that with all of the first responders, agriculture and government agencies that were using DJI drones could be crippled during a national emergency if China forces DJI to disable them when they are needed the most.

One of the arguments that I heard was that with all of the first responders, agriculture and government agencies that were using DJI drones could be crippled during a national emergency if China forces DJI to disable them when they are needed the most.
That seems like a very unlikely reason to ban Chinese drones in the US considering that most drone owners are not first responders or employees of government agencies. However, that's another great excuse for them to cover up the real reason.

Reactions: Meta4

Which could be completely mitigated by operating in local data mode. Operated in this mode, it would be impossible for DJI to disable them.

Hey guys. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying what I heard as a reason. Geeezzz

Reactions: rwilliam99
Use "WireShark" against a packet dump from your network and/or your cellular connection to see what activity is happening.
Unless the data is going over HTTPS, it will all be encrypted.

DJI passed security audits by NOAA, Homeland Security, Germany's TÜV SÜD. This was never about that DJI could send data back to China.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr