DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oahu, Hawaii?

Yo what's up man, Kapolei checking in! Wish I was flying, but O'bummer doesn't leave til the 2nd or 3rd! Plus waiting on my taco filters. Do anything exciting yet?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah I know! I live in the inner circle of the TFR. I heard if they catch you, they will confiscate your drone.

Reactions: diablo243
Can't fly on the outer of this circle either I thought I read, it's not like the outer circle of washington DC. Hmm now I gotta check. I could have been flying more than in my driveway haha

Yea can't do anything fun in the outer ring either. Heading to Kona Thursday-Saturday, so that should get be some stick time. **** I wish those taco filters could have been overnighted lol.

Hay guys, just got on and saw fellow flyers. Haven't got my bird jet, but do fly the P3A. With the president here, and the weather, nothing goes. Have been down in the dumps, too much going on and no time, haven't gotten to any of our drink club meetings. I will keep check on whats going on with you guys and perhaps hook up one day after the all clear is on. Im Ed, in Waipio, HI

Hey Ed! I just received my Mavic this past Friday! Yeah but haven't flown it due to the President on the island. While waiting for my Mavic, I went ahead and bought the P3S since it was half off! I wanted practice on it before the Mavic. Let's meet up one day with Acrolog2! I live in Hawaii Kai.

Aloha, Great, I have nothing going on till the end of next month, so looking to do something besides looking at 4 walls. That sounds good, now for the weather to be good, and I know that flying could be done down at Sandy Beach, which is a fly point but the wind is the thing.
The wife is in Germany and got all kind time on hand.
Keep in tune and lets hook up, sounds good, Give me heads up a day ahead.
You can even contact me email: [email protected], and 8085543460
Ibelong to a club here in Honolulu and also the AMA, so I’m informed with all the get stuff, etc. But sounds good, fly, lets do…
Ed

I planned on flying here in Kona tomorrow, but the wind is maybe out of my league. I know the mavic can handle it, but I don't like it more than 15mph usually. If it's not to my liking I'll just wait til I get back to Oahu

Be careful! Suppose to be windy on Oahu as well.
If you do get to fly, lots open lava fields over there! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yea should make for lots of famous unsuitable landing areas" lol.
I will be careful, likely will just tool around, usually less windy first thing in the morning anyway.

Got mine in few days before xmas but didn't get to open it till after. Never had a drone before so I'm still learning how to fly the mavic. Turned off the GEO so I could have some air time in our backyard. Never flew higher than 50 ft or past our yard. I did learn how to take off and land by hand. Hard lesson learned, don't fly near big metal object like an SUV. Mavic will fritz with magnetic interference, guess a price to pay for small form factor. Crashed the mavic with hairline crack on two props and blade marks on my vehicle. Mavic still fly fine. I would really like to take it to Sandy's for the first sunrise but guess I can't take it anywhere else till potus is off the island.

Got mine in few days before xmas but didn't get to open it till after. Never had a drone before so I'm still learning how to fly the mavic. Turned off the GEO so I could have some air time in our backyard. Never flew higher than 50 ft or past our yard. I did learn how to take off and land by hand. Hard lesson learned, don't fly near big metal object like an SUV. Mavic will fritz with magnetic interference, guess a price to pay for small form factor. Crashed the mavic with hairline crack on two props and blade marks on my vehicle. Mavic still fly fine. I would really like to take it to Sandy's for the first sunrise but guess I can't take it anywhere else till potus is off the island.
Replace those props man, don't chance it! Few bucks for props is good insurance.

Drill into the TFR. it appears Sandy and shooting range is out of the zone.

We have to abide by outer ring restrictions on Oahu. All model and hobby stuff. You can maybe be ok at Kaena point it looks like.

Tomorrow we can let freedom ring in the sound of Mavic! Perfect timing since my nd filters arrive tomorrow also!

Reactions: Gordon
Anyone been having issues losing gps on there mavic? Playing in kapolei near the park. Straight loses gps every time. I've flown perfect one time in kapolei and it was like 2 am lol

Nothing yet. Seems like metal in the area has a huge impact on performance. Any metal objects near you?

What doesn't make sense is... I've flown in the same spot at 2 am and had 0 issues. lol I've literally had 2 good flights out of like 20.... all other flights immediately had gps issues

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan