DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oahu, Hawaii?

I don't have a Mavic yet but hope to get it soon. Still would like to do a meet up just to talk story and fly if anyone is interested. I currently fly a P3S.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I don't have a Mavic yet but hope to get it soon. Still would like to do a meet up just to talk story and fly if anyone is interested. I currently fly a P3S.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Sounds good to me, I'm just very spur of the moment, so planning a time around work and family is random.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: AllDubyas
Thanks for the quick reply and tips. Yes, I've been just playing around with it to become more comfortable with the controls and see how it reacts to certain things.

I didn't get to post it as soon as I got it, however, just like you, I was able to get the PAP policy from SF for $30 a year as well. I also decided to get the DJI Refresh just in case SF didn't come through. Wished USAA did a similar policy but they don't cover drones.

Does anyone have a GPS tracker on their drone?

Hey Pilots. Kahaluu here with a mav. I ordered the marco polo locator which should be here any day. A few days after that, i will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: AllDubyas
Were you looking to get video of lagoon s, hotels or something specific? Be careful near lagoon 4 though, don't go toward industrial park, Kalaeloa airports NFZ starts very close to there.

Yes I was asked by a new park called Coral Crater Adventure Park. They wanted some drone footage for new commercials. I was using a drone from another Manufacturer. It wouldn't even startup due to being so close to the airport. Anyways another friend got the gig to film as his P-4 could bypass the NFZ and he got the shots!

Yes I was asked by a new park called Coral Crater Adventure Park. They wanted some drone footage for new commercials. I was using a drone from another Manufacturer. It wouldn't even startup due to being so close to the airport. Anyways another friend got the gig to film as his P-4 could bypass the NFZ and he got the shots!
Oh yea right by the FBI building and mini food truck spot in Kapolei. I'd be interested in knowing the earnings. Is it worth dealing with legalities to be commercial pilot?

Oh yea right by the FBI building and mini food truck spot in Kapolei. I'd be interested in knowing the earnings. Is it worth dealing with legalities to be commercial pilot?

I'll see if he can answer that for you? He is Part 333. Like my signature line here says, "I Fly for FUN!"

I'll see if he can answer that for you? He is Part 333. Like my signature line here says, "I Fly for FUN!"
Haha, im on tapatalk app, don't see signatures on my phone. I just fly to fly. All my planes and helicopters are in crates collecting dust, only toy with drones out here in hawaii. Some dude was chilling on the rocks, half way up makapuu flying a glider for hours on Friday. I was a bit jealous! Wish I had my stuff to join him. Oh well.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some filters for my phantom 4 pro? I ordered some on amazon but didn't notice until last night that I ordered the ones for the phantom 4. I leave tomorrow morning for HNL. I already checked drone services hawaii and they sold out over the weekend.

Thanks, Allen

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some filters for my phantom 4 pro? I ordered some on amazon but didn't notice until last night that I ordered the ones for the phantom 4. I leave tomorrow morning for HNL. I already checked drone services hawaii and they sold out over the weekend.

Thanks, Allen
I don't know. I order everything online. There are some shops in Honolulu, but I never go into town so I don't know what stores or where they are. Sorry bud. You could place a second order and ship it to hotel and pay for 1 or 2 day shipping?

Howz it! Live in the Waikiki area. Just read all the threads and good to see we all having something in common here. I'm new in this field and have been flying on weekends since I got my MP back in Dec. My training ground is at Ka'iwi. Eventually, I would like venture out of the area once my confidence level is up and learning all the functions. Lately, (happened 2x) I lost control on my RC. Unable to move it. The recent episode was after updating the latest firmware (03/17). Luckily, I was able to land it using the RTH feature on the phone. When it happened the first time, I was able to restore it by calibrating the controls. It didn't work the 2nd time it happened. I haven't gone back since then but the next step is to uninstall the app and reinstall it to see if that helps. DJI hasn't been helpful in returning my issue when the first incident happened. It took over a week till i got an email back. I hope the uninstall/reinstall will help.

If you guys have any suggestions to try, please let me know. It's frustrating when it's not working but at the same time, it's thrilling when it works. Have a great week. Aloha.

Koa, let me know when you are going to out again and i will help you check it out. I will be on the Big Island starting this thursday for a week then back to Oahu.

Koa, let me know when you are going to out again and i will help you check it out. I will be on the Big Island starting this thursday for a week then back to Oahu.

Digitalbar, I appreciate the offer to help. Pending if the reinstall of the DJI Go app will work, was planning for a sunrise at Ka'iwi this Saturday if the wind is reasonable. I'm usually there early before it gets crowded by the tour copters and coast guard. Let me know when you get back from the Big Island. Would definitely like to get your expertise on this. Thanks again.

Digitalbar, I appreciate the offer to help. Pending if the reinstall of the DJI Go app will work, was planning for a sunrise at Ka'iwi this Saturday if the wind is reasonable. I'm usually there early before it gets crowded by the tour copters and coast guard. Let me know when you get back from the Big Island. Would definitely like to get your expertise on this. Thanks again.

Shoots. But I am definitely no expert. Let you know when i get back.

Sorry mods for reviving this thread. I'm from Kailua, just ordered my Mavic. I used to own a Solo but that broke (defective), and I read reviews about it falling out of the sky and sadly felt for my safety and for the safety of the people around me I had to return it, so using the refund money I bought a Mavic. Expecting it to come by this Friday! Really pumped!

Reactions: Ken Schmidt
Sorry mods for reviving this thread. I'm from Kailua, just ordered my Mavic. I used to own a Solo but that broke (defective), and I read reviews about it falling out of the sky and sadly felt for my safety and for the safety of the people around me I had to return it, so using the refund money I bought a Mavic. Expecting it to come by this Friday! Really pumped!
Don't worry about revival lol, keep this alive man! Welcome to the club.

Saw a mavic in ko olina today.

I screwed up at my house the other day, when I put the new firmware on, I decided to spend 30 minutes setting up the settings how I like them, since updates wipe it. I always fly low over water so I turned off the downward facing cameras so it doesn't follow the ocean bubbles in a hover (that gets scary). Well my dumb self forgot I changed that stuff and went to land, full stick down like I always do, but it doesn't do the landing protection lmao, bounced that sucker off the ground real hard. Aft Blades struck the aft fold out arms. Took chunk out of one arm, blades are fine. Did some testing, all is good!

Don't worry about revival lol, keep this alive man! Welcome to the club.

Saw a mavic in ko olina today.

I screwed up at my house the other day, when I put the new firmware on, I decided to spend 30 minutes setting up the settings how I like them, since updates wipe it. I always fly low over water so I turned off the downward facing cameras so it doesn't follow the ocean bubbles in a hover (that gets scary). Well my dumb self forgot I changed that stuff and went to land, full stick down like I always do, but it doesn't do the landing protection lmao, bounced that sucker off the ground real hard. Aft Blades struck the aft fold out arms. Took chunk out of one arm, blades are fine. Did some testing, all is good!
Haha (not really) glad you got it fixed

Aloha, just ordered my Mavic thanks to the promo from DJI! I was holding out for the 10% education one to kick in but I managed to get the 20% one instead. I'm completely brand new to the drone world and have been watching a lot of videos to make sure I don't do anything stupid. Seems like there are so many places that we cannot fly on Oahu so I would love to hear about some favorite spots that everyone else flies. I'm from Aiea and looking forward to meeting everyone in the community.

Aloha, just ordered my Mavic thanks to the promo from DJI! I was holding out for the 10% education one to kick in but I managed to get the 20% one instead. I'm completely brand new to the drone world and have been watching a lot of videos to make sure I don't do anything stupid. Seems like there are so many places that we cannot fly on Oahu so I would love to hear about some favorite spots that everyone else flies. I'm from Aiea and looking forward to meeting everyone in the community.
Yea it's pretty locked down and tight with so many rules here. Honestly I like flying on the west side. No one gives a rats out there. Flew north shore once, no one seemed to care there either.

As you are coming into this new, do not fly anywhere near people. They will distract you, you risk crashing, or worse hurting someone. Empty parks are best, but some prohibit drones.

Dave

Yea it's pretty locked down and tight with so many rules here. Honestly I like flying on the west side. No one gives a rats out there. Flew north shore once, no one seemed to care there either.

As you are coming into this new, do not fly anywhere near people. They will distract you, you risk crashing, or worse hurting someone. Empty parks are best, but some prohibit drones.

Dave

Mahalo Dave for the tips. Yeah I saw some empty parks nearby that might work for just learning purposes. I'll stick to the beginner mode for a while and see how it goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada