DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oahu, Hawaii?

Hey guys, visiting Oahu right now! Any highly recommended areas to fly for a visitor and time to get best views or attempt for whale drone capture videos? I wanted to fly at Kualoa park but I was told I need permission from the property . I saw on the phantom thread that we were allowed to fly around Chinamans hat?

Hey guys, visiting Oahu right now! Any highly recommended areas to fly for a visitor and time to get best views or attempt for whale drone capture videos? I wanted to fly at Kualoa park but I was told I need permission from the property . I saw on the phantom thread that we were allowed to fly around Chinamans hat?

I flew chinamans hat, was easy, no one cared, makaapuu lighthouse and tide pools (spellings ways off) as well. Flew the north shore to see pipeline and sunset beach. Did the pillboxes, hiked little lion head trail and flew there. Also flew around Wikikki area. Overall everywhere I flew people didn’t mind, also saw a ton of other people flying. I was also eyes and ears open for helicopters as I found they were everywhere.

Reactions: Ken Schmidt
I flew chinamans hat, was easy, no one cared, makaapuu lighthouse and tide pools (spellings ways off) as well. Flew the north shore to see pipeline and sunset beach. Did the pillboxes, hiked little lion head trail and flew there. Also flew around Wikikki area. Overall everywhere I flew people didn’t mind, also saw a ton of other people flying. I was also eyes and ears open for helicopters as I found they were everywhere.
Did you take off from the park near chinamans hat? Also where did you take off to get makapu’u lighthouse? Isnt that a state park. I just arrived in oahu and am trying to get my flights together. Thanks

Did you take off from the park near chinamans hat? Also where did you take off to get makapu’u lighthouse? Isnt that a state park. I just arrived in oahu and am trying to get my flights together. Thanks

The beach near chinamans hat. Launched from the tide pools at makapuu, is it a state park I have no idea. Believe it or not we saw rangers there and I asked them if it was ok to fly they said no problem! Oops, also saw quite a few others flying there

The beach near chinamans hat. Launched from the tide pools at makapuu, is it a state park I have no idea. Believe it or not we saw rangers there and I asked them if it was ok to fly they said no problem! Oops, also saw quite a few others flying there

Awesome. Thanks for the info

some of the places here on oahu have clearly posted signs on where not to fly (the Botanical Gardens in Kaneohe as an example).

i’m going to hawaii next week and bought my drone just so i can fly it there. i’ve practiced a few times but still nervous flying it! wish me luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada