DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance at 350 ft.

julius13

Reactions
I’ve been having an issu with my Mavic abruptly slamming on the brakes as if it detects an obstacle that’s not there. Yesterday it stopped and would not let me move in any direction as if something was 2 ft in front of it. All I could do was rotate 360 deg. I was getting rather frustrated to the point of think it was just going to Hover, drain the battery and then drop from the sky. I even tried to hit the RTH function and it still would not move. After a couple of minutes it finally let me take control. I flew around for a minute and once again it thought something was right in front of it.

The 1st time this happened...a couple of months ago, I cleaned the sensors with a Q tip and a bit of rubbing alcohol. Didn’t have the issue for a couple of weeks and it happened again, but only once. Yesterday was different though, to the point of me believing my Mavic has either a Hardware or Firmware issue. Any of you guys experience anything close to my issues?

YES I experienced the exact same thing at 300 ft. on Thanksgiving day. I had to turn off obstacle avoidance to continue my flight. I was visiting family and have not investigated the issue since being home. I believe this is a glitch in the firmware also. Totally screwed up my video.

YES I experienced the exact same thing at 300 ft. on Thanksgiving day. I had to turn off obstacle avoidance to continue my flight. I was visiting family and have not investigated the issue since being home. I believe this is a glitch in the firmware also. Totally screwed up my video.
I’ve been having an issu with my Mavic abruptly slamming on the brakes as if it detects an obstacle that’s not there. Yesterday it stopped and would not let me move in any direction as if something was 2 ft in front of it. All I could do was rotate 360 deg. I was getting rather frustrated to the point of think it was just going to Hover, drain the battery and then drop from the sky. I even tried to hit the RTH function and it still would not move. After a couple of minutes it finally let me take control. I flew around for a minute and once again it thought something was right in front of it.

The 1st time this happened...a couple of months ago, I cleaned the sensors with a Q tip and a bit of rubbing alcohol. Didn’t have the issue for a couple of weeks and it happened again, but only once. Yesterday was different though, to the point of me believing my Mavic has either a Hardware or Firmware issue. Any of you guys experience anything close to my issues?
The sun can affect the obstacle avoidance system at times, many people turn if off when flying in an open area.

That sux
Might want to choose another option when Obstical Advoidance activates "Stop and Hover"
might not be the best choice.
I perfer RTH so mavic will start going back to home base so I might regain control of mavic on the move.
If it stop and Hovers you might not be able to control it Might not be able to regain control so your back up would be battery low level RTH
I just don't leave it to chance

Yes change action when forward obstacle is activated
"Hover" Go Around or RTH
Also you can turn off downward position. Sensor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242