DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obtaining 107 during COVID-19

Reactions
Good afternoon fellow pilots,

I was curious if anyone has been able to obtain or get their Drone Pilot License during this pandemic?

If not, has anyone caught wind if any of the testing centers is doing a online test?

Thanks kindly,
Matt

Reactions: TampaTC

I was curious if anyone has been able to obtain or get their Drone Pilot License during this pandemic?

If not, has anyone caught wind if any of the testing centers is doing a online test?

Thanks kindly,
Matt

Doubt it. I don't think online testing is allowed for the Part 107, since they have pretty strict proctoring requirements.

Thanks kindly,
Matt
Testing Sight are down. The last word I have heard was May 16th as a possible date to resume.

Reactions: MattJohns11812
That’s what I was thinking too. Just curious how this was also effecting pilots who need to renew. Interesting times for sure.

The FAA has this currently posted at their faa.gov/uas/ site:

The FAA is aware that some Part 107 Remote Pilots are unable to complete the recurrent knowledge test due to testing center closures related to COVID-19 response. The FAA is aggressively working towards a solution for these airmen. Continue to check our website and follow us on social media for updates.

Thanks kindly,
Matt
Matt,
I'm in the Atlanta area and I have a scheduled test time for this Saturday. You have to go through the registration and scheduling process on the PSI site regardless of the closure statements. I think some locations are doing limited testing.
Good Luck

Reactions: dawgpilot

Thanks kindly,
Matt
I am taking my exam tomorrow in Sevierville TN at an airport. May 1 is their first date to reopen.

On Sunday, I was able to schedule my 107 at a PSI location for this Thursday. I am in Dallas, but I bet your locations are scheduling now. I guess if you are in southern Fl ... May consider heading to an open county. I used the Covid time to complete a review course. Best of luck!

Sorry for another "me too" post, I'm heading over to the testing center to take my test within the hour. If your local testing center isn't open yet it's likely it will soon. From what I gather from the Proctor the only real change they've made is the requirement of a face mask while testing and they've cut back the number of exam candidates from 3 to 2 per test session to maintain social distancing. Good luck!

On Sunday, I was able to schedule my 107 at a PSI location for this Thursday. I am in Dallas, but I bet your locations are scheduling now. I guess if you are in southern Fl ... May consider heading to an open county. I used the Covid time to complete a review course. Best of luck!

UPDATE: I PASSED! I am official now. I learned from the proctor that the PSI locations re-opened last Friday (5/1). They do require a mask and will turn people away for not having it. Today, I was the only one in the testing center. The testing center (PSI) is located in a school for aviation maintenance, so probably not the typical location. The room set up did not appear to be changed for social distancing. I suspect the number of peope allowed in at one time has been reduced. BEST OF LUCK!!

Same here. I was lucky, only one taking the test today, so just the proctor and myself in the room. Only change in my exam room is the middle computer of three was turned off. My center was at the airport, apparently the exam slots are frequently used by TSA candidates at this test center.

I am scheduled for my re-cert on a June 2nd at one of my local test centers. Test centers should be open albeit limited occupancy/times to prevent close proximity seating.

EDIT:
Dear JEFFREY WAGNER,

You have scheduled to take the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Unmanned General - Recurrent (UGR). Your appointment details are:

Date:6/2/2020
Time:11:00 AM
Duration:120 minutes
Phone:(719) 333-4542
Address:Bldg. 9222 P.O.Box 9222 Airfield Drive

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member