DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ocusync 2 vs power lines & WIFI

Nikola P

Reactions
Hi,

I'm just receiving my Mavic 2 Pro and that's my first post on your forum.

Several messages and videos seem to demonstrate that Mavic 2 is easily impacted by power line disturbances and therefore causes the crash.
  • Is it really a loss of ocusync 2 signal ?
  • Or the electromagnetic effects of power line directly impact the compass, electronic components or engines ?
  • Does this issue occur on Mavic Pro & Platinium too?
  • If so, can it be fixed by firmware?

I also read that Ocusync 2 may have impacts on WIFI networks quality.
  • In that case, does this mean that WIFI signals affects the quality of the ocusync signal?
  • With same kind of power lines possible consequences ?

The main hazard of power lines is that you can't see the things on a small screen and just fly into them!!!

I always have a good scout around an area before I fly for the pesky things.

Lots of postings sugesting that the electromagnetic interference within a reasonable distance has no effect on the drones at all.

Can't speak on the 2 till after Tuesday but with the Pro I can tell you you will read all kinds of stuff that makes it fly away or this and that so I make these just to see for myself . Wifi effects it I'm sure but I live in a rural area with little where I fly and yes it will go 4.2 out and back low in the right conditions . Wire as Owen told you is right as they have never bothered me if I didn't bother them
but as for me I have never had any issues other than what I caused flying like a crazy monkey. And see the 2 isn't going to be any different .
If your app tells you are having issues listen to it, trust your app other than than that enjoy yourself
and fly safe .
Don't do as I do by any means I am just showing ya you can't believe everything you read and Welcome to the forum .:)

Can't speak on the 2 till after Tuesday but with the Pro I can tell you you will read all kinds of stuff that makes it fly away or this and that so I make these just to see for myself . Wifi effects it I'm sure but I live in a rural area with little where I fly and yes it will go 4.2 out and back low in the right conditions . Wire as Owen told you is right as they have never bothered me if I didn't bother them
but as for me I have never had any issues other than what I caused flying like a crazy monkey. And see the 2 isn't going to be any different .
If your app tells you are having issues listen to it, trust your app other than than that enjoy yourself
and fly safe .
Don't do as I do by any means I am just showing ya you can't believe everything you read and Welcome to the forum .:)
After Tuesday? Does this mean you have a package arriving on Tuesday? :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Fplvert
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan