DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ocusynk vs dense fog

@photo2be it will reduce the amount of signal between the RC and the drone ,as the water droplets will disrupt the signal ,similar to the way that the water in trees does
but more concerning is the amount of moisture that will get into the drone and may cause damage plus the fog can fool the sensors
its not really advisable to fly directly in fog or mist

...its not really advisable to fly directly in fog or mist
Especially not in this time of the year where Stockholm certainly have temps around the freezing point.

@photo2be ... by flying between approx. +4C to -20C degrees ambient when you have visible moist in the air (the ambient is around where the dew point is), it's a great risk of prop icing which alter the shape of the props so they can't generate thrust & keep your AC airborne anymore... everything will start with a motor error (motors on full rpm but the flight controller wants more) & then quickly thereafter the AC will be coming tumbling down.

Especially not in this time of the year where Stockholm certainly have temps around the freezing point.

@photo2be ... by flying between approx. +4C to -20C degrees ambient when you have visible moist in the air (the ambient is around where the dew point is), it's a great risk of prop icing which alter the shape of the props so they can't generate thrust & keep your AC airborne anymore... everything will start with a motor error (motors on full rpm but the flight controller wants more) & then quickly thereafter the AC will be coming tumbling down.
Thanx Slup and Old man for your response! Great!

Reactions: old man mavic
@old man mavic has a very good point. I flew my Mavic at the beach on a foggy morning for about 10 minutes a few years ago. When the craft returned I was shocked, it was drenched in water. I felt pretty stupid at the time, I should have known. Interestingly enough, the camera view never showed any signs of water, no blurring, as you normally get with rain drops hitting the lens.
Apparently the props flowed so much moist air over the top of the craft, that it condensed to form water. I was surprised how wet the craft was. I scrambled to find napkins in my car to dry it off. Fortunately there was no damage, but I've never flown in fog since.

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique