DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd ActiveTrack 2.0 Profile mode performance...

KiterTodd

Reactions
I tested out ActiveTrack "Profile" mode last weekend and wasn't impressed. Just my first try though...

It seemed like a pretty ideal test as I was riding a bike with no clear obstructions. The course takes me down a hill and back up the other side.
- You'll note how it starts out as profile, and as the bike path goes downhill the M2P transitions from "profile" track to a "follow" track 30 seconds in and never recovers.
- It follows me along, with a few odd slow downs and surges when it gets confused by elevation change obstructions I guess.
- And then by 2:06 it just gives up following me.
I was cresting a hill and there may have been some grass in the way, but nothing it could not have easily risen above.

Was just curious if anyone has had similar results or had suggestions.

I was a bit more impressed with my testing of the "Trace" mode, which had some surges as well.

...And I know this is a boring 2:30 minute unedited ActiveTrack shot. It's dark as it is the non-color corrected 1080 stream saved on my phone. I just added music because YouTube prompted me for a soundtrack and it seemed like a good idea. :)

Thanks for any tips!

Throwing a wild guess as I'm still experimenting with the M2P.

Were you in T mode? It seems you were moving too quick for it to keep up so it defaulted to follow.

As for the second and losing you, seems it was lighting change, position change, and size (getting smaller) all together contributed it to losing track of you.

Throwing a wild guess as I'm still experimenting with the M2P.

Were you in T mode? It seems you were moving too quick for it to keep up so it defaulted to follow.

As for the second and losing you, seems it was lighting change, position change, and size (getting smaller) all together contributed it to losing track of you.
No. It was in standard flight mode. P I guess (not T, not Sport)

I'm not sure why it lost me at the end, but those are all good theories. The only reason I got smaller was because it stopped following me. There was a rise in the land there that doesn't show in the video... it just kind of stopped, but was still 10' or so off the ground.

It just occurred to me while typing this... that since it was in ActiveTrack Profile mode (even though it was following me) maybe I wasn't behaving like a profile subject so it got confused at the end. At that point it had come around to almost the other side from where it started. Odd all around.

what did you do with your controller while you rode? I bought mine to mtb with as well, but figuring out what to do with controller seems like the biggest challenge

I tested out ActiveTrack "Profile" mode last weekend and wasn't impressed. Just my first try though...

It seemed like a pretty ideal test as I was riding a bike with no clear obstructions. The course takes me down a hill and back up the other side.
- You'll note how it starts out as profile, and as the bike path goes downhill the M2P transitions from "profile" track to a "follow" track 30 seconds in and never recovers.
- It follows me along, with a few odd slow downs and surges when it gets confused by elevation change obstructions I guess.
- And then by 2:06 it just gives up following me.
I was cresting a hill and there may have been some grass in the way, but nothing it could not have easily risen above.

Was just curious if anyone has had similar results or had suggestions.

I was a bit more impressed with my testing of the "Trace" mode, which had some surges as well.

...And I know this is a boring 2:30 minute unedited ActiveTrack shot. It's dark as it is the non-color corrected 1080 stream saved on my phone. I just added music because YouTube prompted me for a soundtrack and it seemed like a good idea. :)

Thanks for any tips!

I created a thread several weeks ago about the surging issue while in ActiveTrack. I was using firmware v01.00.00.00 at the time. What firmware are you using? Have you updated to the new version of the firmware (v01.00.01.00) that supposedly fixed some issues with ActiveTrack?

I created a thread several weeks ago about the surging issue while in ActiveTrack. I was using firmware v01.00.00.00 at the time. What firmware are you using? Have you updated to the new version of the firmware (v01.00.01.00) that supposedly fixed some issues with ActiveTrack?
Thanks for the reply. I han't seen your old thread, but I did just update to the latest version. I'll try again and see if performance is better.

what did you do with your controller while you rode? I bought mine to mtb with as well, but figuring out what to do with controller seems like the biggest challenge
I just stuck it in the top of my backpack. Not ideal, but it was the only option to at least have it with me.

I've seen a video where I guy rigged up a handlebar mount for the setup, but I didn't go through all that effort just to catch a couple shots.

Try once more the exact same track, but wear something red (even white would be better) black is the worst!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots