DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd behavior while landing MA2

Dronebow

Reactions
I have the landing pad and it was on a grass surface that I had taken off from the other night. Upon flying back to land at about 6' or less off the surface the drone was self adjusting either left, right or forward and every time I adjusted it back to where I wanted it to be, it would again move itself somewhere else.

I had the lower LED light on and it seemed like that made it worse like the drone wanted to be somewhere else besides over the landing pad. I switched off the LED and attempted again but because of obstacles close by decided to just land it in the grass.

So wondering what may be the reason for this behavior. The only think I can think of is that on take off, because of the area I decided to just go rather than hover for a couple of seconds at about 6' like I normally do. So perhaps whatever it captured as the home point was different? But even that is odd since I'm landing, not the drone. I've not seen where the drone overrides the RPIC's stick movements before.

Reactions: E90RAW
I have the landing pad and it was on a grass surface that I had taken off from the other night. Upon flying back to land at about 6' or less off the surface the drone was self adjusting either left, right or forward and every time I adjusted it back to where I wanted it to be, it would again move itself somewhere else.

I had the lower LED light on and it seemed like that made it worse like the drone wanted to be somewhere else besides over the landing pad. I switched off the LED and attempted again but because of obstacles close by decided to just land it in the grass.

So wondering what may be the reason for this behavior. The only think I can think of is that on take off, because of the area I decided to just go rather than hover for a couple of seconds at about 6' like I normally do. So perhaps whatever it captured as the home point was different? But even that is odd since I'm landing, not the drone. I've not seen where the drone overrides the RPIC's stick movements before.
DARK(night time)=no sensors functioning. Switch to "S" mode which turns off the sensors and it will not do this.

Prior to descending switch to Tripod Mode, turn off sensors and turn on the LED. I preset Fn1 at gimbal up/down (cross hair set) and Fn2 at the LED. Works every time, with a manual landing. Just let the RTH GPS get you within a few metres of your target, high overhead. Turn the gimbal down to see your pad and adjust your perfect landing! ??

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada