DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odds of crashing for a newbie

You'll probably crash under 100 ft. So stay 120-250.
I think this is wise advice, I really do need to scope some places out close by to fly, it will be a while before I’m comfortable flying anywhere close to obstacles, about all I can do at the house is fly straight up and hover

I'd personally avoid the Mini 2 - comparatively speaking, it's a toy.

Tip 1: Buy something you can grow into, rather than grow out of.

Tip 2: Buy once, cry once (buyers remorse sucks).

Tip 3: Take it to an open field, fly it around and around (and around...), try out sports mode, fly backwards, sideways, pay attention to variable stopping distances in different modes, just hover and test out some settings - really get a feel for it (before you go flying over water, chasing things and flying through forests 😇).

Remember, there's no rush...

Reactions: Artemis
Reactions: Artemis
I’ve never been more wishy washy on a purchase in my life… but woke up this morning thinking about the economics of the air 2s purchase, thinking about its capabilities over the mini2, no doubt it’s a better machine but it occurred to me I could fly a mini 2 in to oblivion 3 times and repurchase the drone body at retail for almost the same price as I was spending for the 2s….. as a beginner that makes Much more sense, I simply was not prepared to buy another s2 if I crashed it but I think 300 I could do with out much thought, probably will be 200 by this time next year once the mini 3 comes out….. so canceled the Adorama order and with the Apple vet discount and using Apple Pay the grand total was around 510 for the fly more package…. I think I’m out of 2nd,3rd and 4th thoughts about this now

• Wow
Reactions: Sparc343
Glad you’ve made a choice! Must feel better about that 😊
Be mindful that buying one based on replacement cost over features might leave you unsatisfied when you find that you don’t crash it 😊

Glad you’ve made a choice! Must feel better about that 😊
Be mindful that buying one based on replacement cost over features might leave you unsatisfied when you find that you don’t crash it 😊
Yeah… just justifying decision….but the nuts and bolts of it is unless it’s something like the dio that’s literally designed not to crash then I won’t be doing any obstacle courses anyway…. I also have no need for it to follow me, gotta say though if that American company takes all the reviews seriously for their dio 3 iteration then it would probably take my money…. it has a lot to do though to be safe and enjoyable. Anyway I don’t think I’ll have any regrets, I’ll learn on the mini 2 and then revisit next Christmas

• Love
Reactions: Sparc343
Yeah… just justifying decision….but the nuts and bolts of it is unless it’s something like the dio that’s literally designed not to crash then I won’t be doing any obstacle courses anyway…. I also have no need for it to follow me, gotta say though if that American company takes all the reviews seriously for their dio 3 iteration then it would probably take my money…. it has a lot to do though to be safe and enjoyable. Anyway I don’t think I’ll have any regrets, I’ll learn on the mini 2 and then revisit next Christmas

Sending/check your private message ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkanoz86