DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OEM battery charger vs. After market charger for Dji Air 2S

Forget Trickle Charging!!!
That is not a function of the smart LiPo batteries.
After you charge them ( with any charger) and if not used for a number of days they will go into an automatic discharge to approx 60%. After that, if not used for an extended period, they will go into a "hibernation" mode for that extended storage period
Again, this is an automatic function of the circuitry in the battery and requires no input from either you or the charger.
They do not need any kind of "maintainer/trickle charge" and keeping any constant charge will damage them.
That charger that RUFFSTUFF and I have does have an option to force the batteries into that "storage" mode and will discharge them to that state but I really don't see why you'd need that.
I normally don't leave the batteries on the charger after they are charged for more than an hour so I can't personally verify this but if left on the charger after being charged, they are supposed to act like they are not on it ....until re-connected... meaning they will start the discharge normally....Still not the best idea to keep any battery on a charger indefinitely!
Just do a google search for DJI battery maintenance and you will get plenty of results for reading on that subject.
Great help thanks again oman

Forget Trickle Charging!!!
That is not a function of the smart LiPo batteries.
After you charge them ( with any charger) and if not used for a number of days they will go into an automatic discharge to approx 60%. After that, if not used for an extended period, they will go into a "hibernation" mode for that extended storage period
Again, this is an automatic function of the circuitry in the battery and requires no input from either you or the charger.
They do not need any kind of "maintainer/trickle charge" and keeping any constant charge will damage them.
That charger that RUFFSTUFF and I have does have an option to force the batteries into that "storage" mode and will discharge them to that state but I really don't see why you'd need that.
I normally don't leave the batteries on the charger after they are charged for more than an hour so I can't personally verify this but if left on the charger after being charged, they are supposed to act like they are not on it ....until re-connected... meaning they will start the discharge normally....Still not the best idea to keep any battery on a charger indefinitely!
Just do a google search for DJI battery maintenance and you will get plenty of results for reading on that subject.
Regards Oman

Yeah, what he said. The storage mode would be useful if you needed to travel with discharged batteries, you could run 4 down at the same time...

Reactions: HeliDog
Check this one out as well —

Looks good. Shipping looks horrible., I guess that's expected coming from China.

1633193140593.png

Looks good. Shipping looks horrible., I guess that's expected coming from China.

View attachment 135624
Although most Anbee products don't end up on fire but belonging to the parrot forum I have seen 3 or 4 that have had fires using their chargers. I'm no expert but it is believed they use cheaper diodes that break down causing the over charging and fires.
Just a heads up if your considering buying anything Anbee. ;)

Screenshot 2019-06-09 07.58.03.png

I have nothing but good things to say about the Hanatora charging system other than I use my PD charger for the RC Pro as it's faster

Reactions: stowman2
Let us know how it works out. That's the one I'm considering.

I've had it for some time. It's awesome. It has a built-in fan (that engages and disengages automatically) and works perfectly with the IFB to only charge when safe (not too cold or hot, for example). I think the power supply has a fan in it as well. It charges 4 batteries simultaneously as well as the USB power out...all able to be used at the same time.

Reactions: Flerunner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake