DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OEM battery charger vs. After market charger for Dji Air 2S

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello everybody.
I am wondering if there is a After marker battery charger that is better than one that Dji supplies for taking better care of charging, monitoring ,balancing of your battires etc.for my A2S? I have scene some but don't now what's good and what is just a hype.
Thanks oman

I use this one. The main advantage is it will charge all 4 batteries at the same time. So If I have 4 batteries that are around 45%, all 4 will be fully charged in about 80 - 90 minutes.
It has a voltage reading for each battery which is nice to have. It does not but them into storage but there is a way around this by using the drone battery as the power source and charging a phone or some other electronic gadget. Is it any better then what DJI offers? Well they build chargers and thats all they do so my guess they make it as good but probably better.

Reactions: Oman
Hey Oman, I have both the Air 2 and the Air 2S. I’ve seen several aftermarket simultaneous charges for them but decided not to go that route. In my opinion, I prefer to use only the DJI multi hub charger that came with the fly more package. I realize there are various opinions on the matter, but I’m just not that pressed for time. When I go flying, I’ll take four batteries with me and that’s usually enough for my flight time. Not only is the time for individual charging not an issue for me, but when the batteries cost $115 apiece, and considering the fact that DJI could have made a simultaneous charger also but didn’t, I’m not willing to take the risk of using a third-party charger damaging my investment and voiding my warranty. I hear others say that they have used these simultaneous chargers for years with no problem whatsoever. That’s great. But if my batteries get screwed up, these other folks are not going to buy me a new battery nor would I expect them to. If time was an issue and I really didn’t have the time to wait for individual charging, then I might consider these other chargers, but that’s not the case with me. Hope this gives you a different perspective. Happy flying ! ??

Hello everybody.
I am wondering if there is a After marker battery charger that is better than one that Dji supplies for taking better care of charging, monitoring ,balancing of your battires etc.for my A2S? I have scene some but don't now what's good and what is just a hype.
Thanks oman
DJI warrants batteries for 200 charges. That isn't very impressive to me - one 20 minute flight a day for six months? Really?

So do I ever want to use anything that reduces that warranty further? DJI logs everything about your drone, including battery charges, temperatures, etc. An aftermarket fast charger is just asking for problems if you have a warranty issue. Heck, DJI might even deny a FlyAway claim.

Not saying the aftermarkets are bad or not worth it in some cases, the one shown above looks valuable to a pro making 20 flights a day, but you should weigh the downsides, too.

Hey Oman, I have both the Air 2 and the Air 2S. I’ve seen several aftermarket simultaneous charges for them but decided not to go that route. In my opinion, I prefer to use only the DJI multi hub charger that came with the fly more package. I realize there are various opinions on the matter, but I’m just not that pressed for time. When I go flying, I’ll take four batteries with me and that’s usually enough for my flight time. Not only is the time for individual charging not an issue for me, but when the batteries cost $115 apiece, and considering the fact that DJI could have made a simultaneous charger also but didn’t, I’m not willing to take the risk of using a third-party charger damaging my investment and voiding my warranty. I hear others say that they have used these simultaneous chargers for years with no problem whatsoever. That’s great. But if my batteries get screwed up, these other folks are not going to buy me a new battery nor would I expect them to. If time was an issue and I really didn’t have the time to wait for individual charging, then I might consider these other chargers, but that’s not the case with me. Hope this gives you a different perspective. Happy flying ! ??
Thank you very much oman

I use this one. The main advantage is it will charge all 4 batteries at the same time. So If I have 4 batteries that are around 45%, all 4 will be fully charged in about 80 - 90 minutes.
It has a voltage reading for each battery which is nice to have. It does not but them into storage but there is a way around this by using the drone battery as the power source and charging a phone or some other electronic gadget. Is it any better then what DJI offers? Well they build chargers and thats all they do so my guess they make it as good but probably better.
Thanks oman

hi guys .after reading the posts in this thread i feel obligated to say a few words on the topic of battery chargers for our drones i have 4 batteries for each of my DJI drones and use a combination of OEM and and aftermarket model specific chargers
the charger that comes with the drone if great at charging the batteries but as we all know ,it can only charge one at a time ,thats fine if you can be sure that you are going to be able to fly once the batteries are charged within a specific time
where i live the weather is the most problematic issue for being able to fly or not ,so it is often the case that it prevents you from flying when you had planned to go ,but on the other side of the coin ,many a time the forecast has got it wrong and then having a charger that only charges one battery at a time when you suddenly get suitable conditions can be an issue as well
so at those times my multi chargers that are able to charge all 4 of each type of batteries my drones use ,in around an hour ,are invaluable and using them has not damaged any of my batteries ,
the charger that comes with the drone is really a compromise between cost ,size ,and performance the aftermarket chargers address those issues and if used correctly will not harm your batteries ,just make sure you purchase a reputable brand ,and dont forget that the actual control of the charge cycle is done by each individual battery ,not the charger itself ,the most important thing to remember is to match the output of the aftermarket charger to suit the number of cells that the battery has

I use this and it's fantastic. Charges 4 batteries and the controller (or a tablet/phone/etc) simultaneously. Has a storage mode and indications of everything you need to know. I can use it via 115Vac, 12Vdc (car) or I can plug it directly to my Lithium Power Station directly to a DC output jack.

Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger

+1 on the Hanatora Charger referenced by RUFFSTUFF! Charges each battery alternately in sequence so they all charge at the same time just spread across each one...does all in approx 1 hr or less from 10% or so
It is a bit noisy since there is a fan in the power brick as well as the charger "station" so not suitable for the night stand...lol

Thanks oman

+1 on the Hanatora Charger referenced by RUFFSTUFF! Charges each battery alternately in sequence so they all charge at the same time just spread across each one...does all in approx 1 hr or less from 10% or so
It is a bit noisy since there is a fan in the power brick as well as the charger "station" so not suitable for the night stand...lol
Thanks in your travels have you heard of any others?Thank you very much oman

Last edited:
Thanks I was looking at that one. Have you heard anything about the RCGEEK Mavic Air2S battery. Charger Charging hub 6 in 1
Fly Safe Doug aka oman

Reactions: Hidden
No, it charges them at the same time at about 2A each, 11-13Vdc. Only the display alternates.

DJI warrants batteries for 200 charges. That isn't very impressive to me - one 20 minute flight a day for six months? Really?

So do I ever want to use anything that reduces that warranty further? DJI logs everything about your drone, including battery charges, temperatures, etc. An aftermarket fast charger is just asking for problems if you have a warranty issue. Heck, DJI might even deny a FlyAway claim.

Not saying the aftermarkets are bad or not worth it in some cases, the one shown above looks valuable to a pro making 20 flights a day, but you should weigh the downsides, too.

That's just the warranty. That doesn't mean the battery will only last 200 cycles. Properly cared for, I suspect most people will get double that (I do not speak from experience with this specific battery, but with many other Lithium batteries). I do agree that potentially voiding the warranty might be a bad idea.

hi guys .after reading the posts in this thread i feel obligated to say a few words on the topic of battery chargers for our drones i have 4 batteries for each of my DJI drones and use a combination of OEM and and aftermarket model specific chargers
the charger that comes with the drone if great at charging the batteries but as we all know ,it can only charge one at a time ,thats fine if you can be sure that you are going to be able to fly once the batteries are charged within a specific time
where i live the weather is the most problematic issue for being able to fly or not ,so it is often the case that it prevents you from flying when you had planned to go ,but on the other side of the coin ,many a time the forecast has got it wrong and then having a charger that only charges one battery at a time when you suddenly get suitable conditions can be an issue as well
so at those times my multi chargers that are able to charge all 4 of each type of batteries my drones use ,in around an hour ,are invaluable and using them has not damaged any of my batteries ,
the charger that comes with the drone is really a compromise between cost ,size ,and performance the aftermarket chargers address those issues and if used correctly will not harm your batteries ,just make sure you purchase a reputable brand ,and dont forget that the actual control of the charge cycle is done by each individual battery ,not the charger itself ,the most important thing to remember is to match the output of the aftermarket charger to suit the number of cells that the battery
the charger that comes with the drone is really a compromise between cost ,size ,and performance the aftermarket chargers address those issues and if used correctly will not harm your batteries ,just make sure you purchase a reputable brand ,and dont forget that the actual control of the charge cycle is done by each individual battery ,not the charger itself ,the most important thing to remember is to match the output of the aftermarket charger to suit the number of cells that the battery has

Thanks for your Input. DOUG​

HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS MODEL?​

RCGEEK Mavic AIR 2 2S Battery Charger Charging Hub 6-in-1 Multi Battery Charger Intelligent Compatible with 4 Batteries of DJI Mavic AIR 2 2S . On eBay​

Reactions: old man mavic
From the reviews on Amazon "it doesn’t charge all batteries at the same time as described ... which defeats its purpose." so I would be careful with this one. If they can't get the specs right then what else are they hiding.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
I use this and it's fantastic. Charges 4 batteries and the controller (or a tablet/phone/etc) simultaneously. Has a storage mode and indications of everything you need to know. I can use it via 115Vac, 12Vdc (car) or I can plug it directly to my Lithium Power Station directly to a DC output jack.

Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger
Hey RUFFSTUFF how you doing? Quick question, do you leave the batteries in the charger.,when they are charged ?
I am looking for a trickle charger. So when they are charged they stay at or about 50%.
Fly Safe Doug

Reactions: Hidden
Hey RUFFSTUFF how you doing? Quick question, do you leave the batteries in the charger.,when they are charged ?
I am looking for a trickle charger. So when they are charged they stay at or about 50%.
Fly Safe Doug
Forget Trickle Charging!!!
That is not a function of the smart LiPo batteries.
After you charge them ( with any charger) and if not used for a number of days they will go into an automatic discharge to approx 60%. After that, if not used for an extended period, they will go into a "hibernation" mode for that extended storage period
Again, this is an automatic function of the circuitry in the battery and requires no input from either you or the charger.
They do not need any kind of "maintainer/trickle charge" and keeping any constant charge will damage them.
That charger that RUFFSTUFF and I have does have an option to force the batteries into that "storage" mode and will discharge them to that state but I really don't see why you'd need that.
I normally don't leave the batteries on the charger after they are charged for more than an hour so I can't personally verify this but if left on the charger after being charged, they are supposed to act like they are not on it ....until re-connected... meaning they will start the discharge normally....Still not the best idea to keep any battery on a charger indefinitely!
Just do a google search for DJI battery maintenance and you will get plenty of results for reading on that subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
Forget Trickle Charging!!!
That is not a function of the smart LiPo batteries.
After you charge them ( with any charger) and if not used for a number of days they will go into an automatic discharge to approx 60%. After that, if not used for an extended period, they will go into a "hibernation" mode for that extended storage period
Again, this is an automatic function of the circuitry in the battery and requires no input from either you or the charger.
They do not need any kind of "maintainer/trickle charge" and keeping any constant charge will damage them.
That charger that RUFFSTUFF and I have does have an option to force the batteries into that "storage" mode and will discharge them to that state but I really don't see why you'd need that.
I normally don't leave the batteries on the charger after they are charged for more than an hour so I can't personally verify this but if left on the charger after being charged, they are supposed to act like they are not on it ....until re-connected... meaning they will start the discharge normally....Still not the best idea to keep any battery on a charger indefinitely!
Just do a google search for DJI battery maintenance and you will get plenty of results for reading on that subject.
Thank you very much Oman
Stay well
Thanks Smooth

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman