DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to buy Batteries for the Air 2S?

I just got 2 of the $46 refurb batteries from Amazon and can confirm they're good to go đź‘Ť.
What to do you mean by "good to go"? Are they DJI branded batteries? Do that have DJI computer internals? What does refurb mean: Where they disassembled and rebuilt like new or where they just electronically checked by someone?
What information does the Fly app report for them?

Last edited:
What to do you mean by "good to go"? Are they DJI branded batteries? Do that have DJI computer internals? What does refurb mean: Where they disassembled and rebuilt like new or where they just electronically checked by someone?
What information does the Fly app report for them?
They're not like, literally refurbished, as in taken apart. They're DJI batteries that have come back "used" to the retailer, who checks to make sure they charge/discharge based on the original specs. Then they package them up and sell them. Your drone and Fly read them as what they are, DJI batteries, no different than if you bought a new one. Usually electronics are labeled as "refurbished" or "renewed" to mean they are being sold with a retailer warrantee to perform "like new." Both my Air2s and Avata were "renewed" and you couldn't tell the difference between them and a new drone. At this point, I don't see the point in buying drones new.

Reactions: MA2 317
Wish they'd sell the refurb ones at that price here in the UK ... Or have I missed a link somewhere??

I have a used one, about 42 cycles, no idea how many flights. Listed in classified section. Price is obviously negotiable.

DJI has them in stock

Reactions: Yaros
Out of 5 refurbs from Amazon 2 had 0 cycles (new), 2 had 2 and 3 cycles each, and 1 had 13 cycles. All have performed as expected. Purchased 3 of these in the past two weeks. Price has come down since first purchase in Aug. 22' at $64. For $46.20 I went ahead and purchased 3 to replace the Air 2 fly more with ~50 cycles each (upgraded to A2S in Dec. and continued to use the A2 batteries). Had no issues with them and based on my experience flying daily I'd recommend picking up a couple extra to extend your flight time. With extra batteries you can start bringing the drone home at 25% (my preferred bingo) and have enough charge to ensure a safe landing in wind/terrain. More go-go juice makes for a happier (and safer) pilot.

I just bought two of these refurb's too last month. Both have been great. I also start the return flight at 25% for both home and work use. At times during work we'll let it go to about 15%, but no more than that.

Reactions: MA2 317
You may want to keep an eye out on eBay and Facebook marketplace. I found a guy there selling 5 Air2S batteries there for $35 a piece. I bought them, they were brand spanking new. He had ordered the wrong batteries, and wanted to get rid of these. They were still sealed in the DJI boxes and when I opened them they were still shrink wrapped like DJI does their batteries. I charged them and no issues. I see batteries show up once in a while on both sites. Just keep your eyes out for them.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803