DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official DJI Response to the GPS Issue

Well, as long as it was "inentional" I suppose it's ok. Hah.

Did anyone have a problem with the accuracy of home points prior to the update? Did it need optimizing?
I have had issues with GPS acquisition since day one. Purchased my M3 on release day.

I think DJI has lost their path to release top notch products, they are putting all responsibility on their customers instead to invest in a QA department. No real testing before release, Release notes from DJI is Joke . No sense of quality thinking I hope they start to understand that the will loose their position as the number 1 prosumer/consumer drone manufacturer, and it sad to hear all canned answers from those on DJI forum that is some sort of "link" between DJI support and us drone enthusiasts " Thank you for reaching out, bla bla bla..."Sometimes they don't have a clue what they talking about and quite often the refer questions back to the community. And don't the see how much problem customers have with there products on You Tube etc. DJI Shape up now

Many Years ago - long before DJI came into the picture, a new helicopter or new radio system was always pre-tested, sometimes over a year with dozens of factory pilots to make sure the product was ready for public release. This past practice has long been abolished because companies like DJI put sales ahead of pilot safety. New products are now just released, to let pilots pay for their research using their own equipment.

Stay Safe Mike

^^^^^ Mike pretty much nailed it. Due to market and Share Holder pressure companies now release "Beta" versions and let the customers do all the heavy lifting. It's brilliant from a bottom line point of view but horrible from a Customer Service perspective. Yet here we are . . .

Same here , 5 - 6 minute delay is a deal breaker for me and I'm not shelling out that kind of money for it to come with a basic controller
I 100% agree mazdaman323lx; If the acquisition is 6 minutes then that is a deal breaker. You'd have to subtract 6 minutes of flight time (or battery usage) from every battery you have. That greatly reduces your flight time to just better than the Mavic Mini . . . 😡! This has to improve . . .

A thought: could this be because they are now using the Chinese GPS system and it is taking them a few moments to gather all your information?

Between 10-15% , = a lot... about 4 - 5 minutes / per battery , maybe less if you fly out from the same location
It’s not per battery. Only the first battery. Let’s not go to overboard. Once you get Home Point it should be all warm boots for that day at that location (under a minute).

It’s not per battery. Only the first battery. Let’s not go to overboard. Once you get Home Point it should be all warm boots for that day at that location (under a minute).
Yes you are absolutely right , from the same location , but still very bad. Even worse if you don’t have several batteries, and yes I went out and check . Happy flying mate…

I 100% agree mazdaman323lx; If the acquisition is 6 minutes then that is a deal breaker. You'd have to subtract 6 minutes of flight time (or battery usage) from every battery you have. That greatly reduces your flight time to just better than the Mavic Mini . . . 😡! This has to improve . . .
Its not just that , say you see a sailing boat or something coming up river , or you happen apon some other chance flight opportunity , by the the time you are allowed to take off the moment has gone , and the ship has sailed so to speak

Reactions: Auminer
6 minutes idle on the ground is not 6 minutes of flight time. Maybe 3, tops. I’m not defending DJI but let’s not exaggerate.

The getting up quickly to grab a shot that is gonna pass by is the worst. Oh and if you get clipped by GPS in mid air, that’s not so good either.

I think at this point we just need to be patient. I am sure its been reported to them already with the amount of people having the same issue. Hopfully it get fixed sooner than later.

Well, hopefully people will go to town on DJI for this disaster (see attached). Good ol’ “DJI Santa”. They asked for logs and had people run around in circles. Then they issue this. 😖
This is totally disgusting ! Just when I was feeling pretty good about finally going to order the M3 I watched 51 Drones (Russ) do a video on his 5 and 6 minute tries at getting his GPS going! Then THIS! What good is a longer lasting battery when 5 or 6 minutes of its energy is taken up by waiting for GPS?

Dale

So many on here were gripping about how long it was taking DJI to release the NEW Mavic 3. Speculation by all the armchair engineers and aeronauts about what it would and would NOT be able to do. The impatience and complaining was the topic of a large percentage of the traffic here on the forum for months. Now that it’s been released, people are nashing their teeth and pulling their hair out because the Mavic 3 hardware and app-ware are sketchy! As the old business adage says:
You can have is fast;
You can have it cheap;
You can have it good,
Pick one!

Seems like people just want something to complain about! We live in such an instant gratification society today. Lordy, I guess I’m getting old!

Reactions: Pietros and beermat
I think at this point we just need to be patient. I am sure its been reported to them already with the amount of people having the same issue. Hopfully it get fixed sooner than later.
Patient for a firmware fix or a gps fix? ;)

Either way it’s gonna feel like an eternity.

Not one of my favorite youtubers but he is getting the message out there about the GPS problem. Sooner or later DJI will have to address this problem.

Reactions: maggior
So many on here were gripping about how long it was taking DJI to release the NEW Mavic 3. Speculation by all the armchair engineers and aeronauts about what it would and would NOT be able to do. The impatience and complaining was the topic of a large percentage of the traffic here on the forum for months. Now that it’s been released, people are nashing their teeth and pulling their hair out because the Mavic 3 hardware and app-ware are sketchy! As the old business adage says:
You can have is fast;
You can have it cheap;
You can have it good,
Pick one!

Seems like people just want something to complain about! We live in such an instant gratification society today. Lordy, I guess I’m getting old!
You can have is fast; - Drone took forever to drop
You can have it cheap; - Definitely not a cheap drone and at this price point needs to be almost perfect
You can have it good - Would have expected it to be good given the Air2S launched with literally no issues and was almost perfect straight out the box. For the price we are paying Dji for the Mavic 3, they need to get themselves into gear and fix the issues quickly, they cannot drag their feet after getting their money. Many who have bought these Mavic 3 drones will expect some issues but not like this.

You can have is fast; - Drone took forever to drop
You can have it cheap; - Definitely not a cheap drone and at this price point needs to be almost perfect
You can have it good - Would have expected it to be good given the Air2S launched with literally no issues and was almost perfect straight out the box. For the price we are paying Dji for the Mavic 3, they need to get themselves into gear and fix the issues quickly, they cannot drag their feet after getting their money. Many who have bought these Mavic 3 drones will expect some issues but not like this.
Air2S….. no issues? I must have been reading a different forum.

Reactions: maggior
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661