DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Anybody knows if it is ok to charge the DJI battery to 4000+ mah like amalia did? Will that significantly reduce the usable lifetime of the battery?

It will reduce the cycle life, but personally I don't really care. Top it off right before flying and set some personal bests.

U mean that 4036 capacity is have shorter life time charge? That why from now i will stop use yx charger for daily charger, i will use it only for long range that doing not always,

A rather expensive hobby, isn't it? :D. Thanks for the confirmation Thumbswayup
Losing the aircraft with mods and external batteries is expensive [emoji22]. So shortening my battery life is the least of my concerns.
I think the aftermarket 5in1 charger is a must have to help set the best stock battery distances, and certainly helps a little with battery mods.

531fa5baf7d387b7d54512ae4bd3718d.jpg

I would like to see some data for HV batteries and whether charging to 4.42v would give 10% extra capacity. Some of the better chargers can do 4.40v which could be a 7% gain over 4.35v.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porto
U mean that 4036 capacity is have shorter life time charge? That why from now i will stop use yx charger for daily charger, i will use it only for long range that doing not always,

amalia next time you charge your battery with that charger look a what the voltage is in the app before you fly.

Apparently whatever the conditions are in Florida, say around the Tampa area[emoji41]
i was just south of there last week. i did 16,838 over a neighborhood and an undeveloped part of land with lots of trees. all stock. no mods. no real idea what i'm doing. i was down at manasota key beach too. but stupidly flew in sport mode at full speed and only made it like 2.5 miles before i got the RTH. next time i'm down there, i'll go low and slow and see if i can hit 4 miles. i think at most, my signal dropped 1 or 2 bars on the beach run. below is a video from my personal record 16,838 flight.

Reactions: dirtybum
Aside from no wind, can anyone tell me what the optimal atmospheric conditions for flying a Mavic long distance are? Temperature, humidity, barometric pressure? Thanks.
I think no wind, 29.92 in and 20 deg C is already a lot to wish for. Unless you have some weather modding app you d like to share.
I d settle for low wind and no rain for now, had to put my batteries into hibernate voltage (again). No sign of wx improvement, im starting to get the shakes and other withdrawal symptoms. Sold 1 of my mavs, had no idea what I was thinking..HELP!

Funny thing is, around 7000 ft from home when the battery was at 10%, it was trying to autoland and i was pulling it in. Then the AC started deviating from course. As it was night, it became a little tedious to bring it in, you see from the zigzagging all over towards the end. Didn't change modes, stayed GPS Atti. not sure why it started behaving as flying in atti mode.

Funny thing is, around 7000 ft from home when the battery was at 10%, it was trying to autoland and i was pulling it in. Then the AC started deviating from course. As it was night, it became a little tedious to bring it in, you see from the zigzagging all over towards the end. Didn't change modes, stayed GPS Atti. not sure why it started behaving as flying in atti mode.

That's a behavior that many of us have experienced before, erratic yaw during autoland, i've actually never been able to successfully land after critical hits, because every one of my flight gets uncontrollable. It sucks, and in result, I wouldn't dare fly a distance flight at night with the Mavic, i've also avoided doing any distance runs this summer with the Mavic, partially because there was 8 foot corn fields everywhere and I knew I would never find it when it goes uncontrollable. You obviously don't have the autoland disabled via the assistant

My favorite place to fly is in the Mojave Desert in California. 2,500 foot elevation but you can hit flat empty areas that stretch out for miles and miles which is ideal for the stock controller. Wind here can be a bear so I have to pick and choose my days. Last week was beautiful. No wind and 80F day.

Well, as Mr. Murphy would have it, the day I brought my Mavic out, that all changed as the temperature dropped considerably and the wind kicked up so I didn't bother flying. I also noticed that the humidity was up quite a bit from the dry conditions that had preceded. I guess it was at that point I really started thinking what the perfect conditions for flying were.

Someone above mentioned Florida and I thought too humid. Dry desert air is better. However, as I am digging into this I'm finding that might not be the case. In my research, I found this article that explains a few things. It's actually on ballistics which covers an object in flight's resistance to air. Not sure how applicable it is but physics is physics right? Anyhow, I know I came to the right place for answers so any and all input is appreciated.

http://riflebarrels.com/ballistic-effects-of-altitude-temperature-and-humidity/

That's a behavior that many of us have experienced before, erratic yaw during autoland, i've actually never been able to successfully land after critical hits, because every one of my flight gets uncontrollable. It sucks, and in result, I wouldn't dare fly a distance flight at night with the Mavic, i've also avoided doing any distance runs this summer with the Mavic, partially because there was 8 foot corn fields everywhere and I knew I would never find it when it goes uncontrollable. You obviously don't have the autoland disabled via the assistant
Whoa, how do you do that?

Even autoland disabled it randomly tries to anyway. I ve lost one of my birds in the drink because of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM