DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Nice record breaking flight lolo! i hope you figure out the distance thing. keep up posted on your tests..What type of 4s battery are you trying? I can tell you that the 4s thing takes care of the auto land issue. You'll be able to run the battery down until it's dead without interference from the mav programming...
I tested with a 5200mAh car pack I borrowed which weighs 560g with full plastic case. 4s solves the yaw issue that many have seen when the rear motors try to draw too much current. Especially notuceablr on the return leg when voltage is lower, and the AC makes random left turns.

With 9" props all around I loaded it up to 1396g and maintained excellent efficiency at 15m/s. The rest of the testing was done at 1200g, and just for fun I did a two way average of 47.2mph with rear PWM at ~75%.

Current plan is after I'm done with 3s to convert four Thunderpower 3s 4500HV into three 4s 4500HV. I'll also build an optional 4s stock type battery by removing the foam cell spacers and dropping an extra cell on top. It looks like that might squeeze under a stock battery shell too.

My Mavic will happily cruise at 15.5m/s drawing just 0.9c. 1hr flight time could go 91.5k ft x 2. That's projected with 2x4500 and 1x3830 packs.
These numbers are based off flight testing a rather bulky car pack and I know they can be improved on. Short term goal will be 200k ft total flight distance.

Wishing a safe new year to mav distance flyers!
Hoping some these "winter mod" sessions bring some numbers in the new year.

While the Mav still has potential, we've seen some of its limitations and as we share the right battery combination in the future the 59,000 hard limit will be obtainable to more of these flyers. Some of the other measures to get past that probably won't be explored by some of us here.

That being said, there are some really talented and capable distance flyers here, I invite and encourage
you guys to try your talent over on the P3 arena! There are no limitations to block your expertise over there. You can pick up P3 pretty cheap these days, not only will it open up new excitement/adventures for you but it will also boost new life into one of the original great distance threads. Peace[emoji41]
44be1f5b8bffe239498a16b9ba0131fb.jpg

Experimenting with the p4p. This would be a much better layout for distance flying.

I'd like to see one of these super secret Phantom .dat files to compare to the Mavic on 4s as I'm not convinced yet that building a Phantom is worthwhile. Being able to share 4s batteries with my Mavics is a point in favor though.

Of course I'd be the guy running 5 or 6s HV on a radical p3a...

hi, i am from Brasil i maid the new longer Fly from Brazil with dji go app, and with dji Mavic, Batery mod and Antena Mod. I never lost sinal, only a little problem with compass error.
I got 30029,53 feet or 9153m. please Jack put me in the list. Thanks
Hey @Th.mayer what antenna mod was you using for this distance run?

I USING FPVLR ANTENAS 10,5 DBI, SEE THE PICTURE.
That's a phantom controller. Do you really have a Mavic Pro?

Update: Ok, I watched your video and see the Mavic controller. Nice flight!

Last edited:
That's a phantom controller. Do you really have a Mavic Pro?

Update: Ok, I watched your video and see the Mavic controller. Nice flight!
Of corse i have mavic Pro but seam antena this the trully radio controller from mavic. Lolo780 thanks very much. Hier in Brazil is very difficult to receive good bateries. And when i want to buy it, them don t delivry in Brazil.

Attachments

• 20180102_214147[1].jpg
    20180102_214147[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • 20180102_214137[1].jpg
    20180102_214137[1].jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 62
Of corse i have mavic Pro but seam antena this the trully radio controller from mavic. Lolo780 thanks very much. Hier in Brazil is very difficult to receive good bateries. And when i want to buy it, them don t delivry in Brazil.
@Th.mayer, the reason I asked about your antenna is so that @JakeMaxxUAV will have the info about your antenna mod when he posts your flight on the Leaderboard. It sucks that they won't deliver the good batteries to Brazil!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
@JakeMaxxUAV
59278ft, 18068m today. Official world record. Thunderpower 4500HV x 2, DJI battery, MaxxUAV Evolite.

I set ATTI mode near the hard limit, no brakes, full throttle into the RC disconnect, with RC lost timer set to 10 seconds. In testing I've been able to coast 300ft with no RC signal.
.Thats Hardcore :eek::eek:,what a incredible run.ThumbswayupThumbswayup
In layman's terms ,what does this mean,I set ATTI mode near the hard limit, no brakes, full throttle into the RC disconnect, with RC lost timer set to 10 seconds. In testing I've been able to coast 300ft with no RC signal.
And also,,,what does setting to Cinematic Mode do?

Reactions: lolo780
.Thats Hardcore :eek::eek:,what a incredible run.ThumbswayupThumbswayup
In layman's terms ,what does this mean,I set ATTI mode near the hard limit, no brakes, full throttle into the RC disconnect, with RC lost timer set to 10 seconds. In testing I've been able to coast 300ft with no RC signal.
And also,,,what does setting to Cinematic Mode do?
When the Mavic reaches the programmed limit, RC disconnects, aircraft brakes to a stop and initiates RTH after a default 3 seconds.

What I did was turn down all braking parameters so that the flight controller has minimum braking authority. ATTI mode allows a higher top speed so around 58k ft I flipped the switch and sped up.

I also changed the RC signal lost timer to 10 seconds giving the aircraft time to coast to a gentle stop after the RC signal drops out.

Someone could possibly beat my distance by having a tailwind at 59k ft and using a longer disconnect time, but I'd recommend testing thoroughly before the actual flight.

You can set tilt parameters for normal, cinematic and tripod to give different speeds top speeds. Tilt gain can also be used to fine trim speed on the fly. By knowing your setups optimal speed for any given wind condition you'll maximize flight distance.

Now I'll be focusing on a fix for the distance limit and I've picked up an extra RC to do some testing with.

Last edited:
When the Mavic reaches the programmed limit, RC disconnects, aircraft brakes to a stop and initiates RTH after a default 3 seconds.

What I did was turn down all braking parameters so that the flight controller has minimum braking authority. ATTI mode allows a higher top speed so around 58k ft I flipped the switch and sped up.

I also changed the RC signal lost timer to 10 seconds giving the aircraft time to coast to a gentle stop after the RC signal drops out.

Someone could possibly beat my distance by having a tailwind at 59k ft and using a longer disconnect time, but I'd recommend testing thoroughly before the actual flight.

You can set tilt parameters for normal, cinematic and tripod to give different speeds top speeds. Tilt gain can also be used to fine trim speed on the fly. By knowing your setups optimal speed for any given wind condition you'll maximize flight distance.

Now I'll be focusing on a fix for the distance limit and I've picked up an extra RC to do some testing with.

This distance limit thing blows and everybody knows it. Even if we have not reached it yet we know it's there and it stinks. You're the exact type of flyer Lolo that needs to jump into the PIII arena, I think you could put up a good fight/flight[emoji41]

hello guys, a bit newbie on that topic, i'm trying to understand the datas there, and read a couple of page but didn't get it : i see distances 58 000 feet (17 km).

what does this means exactly ? since it's impossible for a mavic to fly that long i'm trying to understand what those datas means

thank you

I know @JakeMaxxUAV is busy, I changed spot #8 and spot #10

Top Modified

Spot - Distance - User - Mods (#Post Number)

1 - 58,919 ft - Unknown Caller - Battery Mod, Terminator Extreme (# )
2 - 54,596 ft - lolo780 - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
3 - 54,350 ft - CyberNate - Battery Mod, RexUAV CP, Boosted (# )
4 - 48,151 ft - beanbubba - Battery Mod, Birdside Amplifier (# )
5 - 47,751 ft - **mick** - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# )
6 - 46,213 ft - Japtastic - Battery Mod (# )
7 - 46,128 ft - digdat0 - Battery Mod (# )
8 - 45,264 ft - mlash - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (#2191)
9 - 45,084 ft - in10s - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
10 - 43,655 ft - Phxbird57 - Battery Mod (#2193)
11 - 43,343 ft - Ed209 - Battery Mod (# )
12 - 42,762 ft - Gh0stxSinghx - Battery Mod, 4Hawks SR (# )
13 - 42,570 ft - TheLightSpeed! - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# )
14 - 41,282 ft - marcini - Battery Mod, Modified Antenna (# )
15 - 40,549 ft - dirtybum - Battery Mod (# )
16 - 40,011 ft - Maclak - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
17 - 37,057 ft - DBS - Battery Mod, ItElite Atlas (# )
18 - 36,053 ft - cderoche - Battery Mod (# )
19 - 32,808 ft - WillemH - Battery Mod, ItElite Nano Sync (# )
20 - 26,216 ft - Natedoggz - Battery Mod, 6dBi Antenna (# )

Last edited:
hello guys, a bit newbie on that topic, i'm trying to understand the datas there, and read a couple of page but didn't get it : i see distances 58 000 feet (17 000 km).

what does this means exactly ? since it's impossible for a mavic to fly that long i'm trying to understand what those datas means

thank you
If you are asking how they go out so far, they do it with modifications like extra batteries and better radio controller antennas.

Reactions: KONY
I have a quick question. On mavic no mods does the distance need to be in a strait line and back?
I did a 11 660m flight over our farm. I actually circled it 3 times.

hello guys, a bit newbie on that topic, i'm trying to understand the datas there, and read a couple of page but didn't get it : i see distances 58 000 feet (17 000 km).

thank you
Hi @KONY, the Official Leaderboard scorecard is on post #1 and yes all flights that are under the "Top Modified" section were done with modifications. The distance is from home to the turnaround point, and then you have to make it home again. The flights under "Top 20 Stock" were done with Mavic Pro without any modification.

I have a quick question. On mavic no mods does the distance need to be in a strait line and back?
I did a 11 660m flight over our farm. I actually circled it 3 times.
It would be the furthest your AC was away from the RC at any given time during the flight (preferably a straight line out to maximize battery life). You must also make it back home after the turnaround.

Thank you mlash for answer, so it's even more outstanding than i thought, i thought the distance specified was for a return flight....so some people really manage to through their mavic some 15 km from their home ?? wow wow wow

pretty crazy

but aren't they scared that a group of unseen (onscreen) birds might stall the mavic down to the floor ? at least with Vision line of sight you can still see birds or cables or anything around the Mavic and avoid it

Thanks mlash ill try and find a open space to do it in a straight line.

This distance limit thing blows and everybody knows it. Even if we have not reached it yet we know it's there and it stinks. You're the exact type of flyer Lolo that needs to jump into the PIII arena, I think you could put up a good fight/flight[emoji41]
Basically here's the problem with the Phantom: It's a big flying pillow.
qLYOdKn.jpg

This is approximate in flight attitude, minus batteries. Mavic tucks batteries neatly underneath and the fuselage streamlines decently.

sE7qrvh.png

This sums up why the Mavic will fly 121,400 total ft, climbing over 1100" and do it with 109Wh of motor power.

I'd still like to see one of those secret phantom .dat files to convince me why the Phantom has efficiency potential.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13