DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Took another test flight with this 4s lion battery I’ve been working with. I insulated it from the cold and flew around a little more this time and got close to 44min. I flew around for the first 25 to 30 min and the rest of the time was pretty much a hover because it was just too cold to hold the sticks.
The cold caused the ipad to shut off so it messed up the flight log and I also got a brief compass error during the flight. Cell 3 is still low but I think I know what’s causing that and when I get time I’m going to take it apart and reconfigure the batteries a little differently. After I do this I’m thinking I may get a little better time. Or maybe by not hovering next time I get worse time I really don’t know how hovering affects flight time. It has a pretty good amount of voltage drop which I think cell 3 isn’t helping with this. I was a little surprised when autoland kicked in this time at 2.5V. I do have a few settings changed in assistant to 2.5V...

Edit. Sorry people I thought i posted this in the battery mod section if someone knows how to move this over there let me know. or maybe @dirkclod can help me out?

Attachments

• IMG_0151.PNG
    IMG_0151.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6347.JPG
    IMG_6347.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 63
Break my record pased on 8300m today my mavic fly 8.600m with everytings in stock..
b978fdb75ad88ed9464f7673a8c895ec.jpg
57e2b6f7f3f290b95a4c31ddaf98a5aa.jpg
c95a45395bc6ccb9fa0137500acf0c22.jpg

Took another test flight with this 4s lion battery I’ve been working with. I insulated it from the cold and flew around a little more this time and got close to 44min. I flew around for the first 25 to 30 min and the rest of the time was pretty much a hover because it was just too cold to hold the sticks.
The cold caused the ipad to shut off so it messed up the flight log and I also got a brief compass error during the flight. Cell 3 is still low but I think I know what’s causing that and when I get time I’m going to take it apart and reconfigure the batteries a little differently. After I do this I’m thinking I may get a little better time. Or maybe by not hovering next time I get worse time I really don’t know how hovering affects flight time. It has a pretty good amount of voltage drop which I think cell 3 isn’t helping with this. I was a little surprised when autoland kicked in this time at 2.5V. I do have a few settings changed in assistant to 2.5V...

Edit. Sorry people I thought i posted this in the battery mod section if someone knows how to move this over there let me know. or maybe @dirkclod can help me out?

That's some good flight time in that cold weather! Just going to get better and better once you fix the low cell and have better conditions.

Reactions: chazz
The 5in1 chargers can do some odd things. Circuit #2 on mine will charge extra if you manually turn the battery on.

Also with a fully charged pack you can double tap the button and the charger will go red briefly and is actually charging. I have boosted the stock batteries an extra .1 to .15v this way and my modded AC will do 33k ft on a stock pack.

The 5in1 chargers can do some odd things. Circuit #2 on mine will charge extra if you manually turn the battery on.

Also with a fully charged pack you can double tap the button and the charger will go red briefly and is actually charging. I have boosted the stock batteries an extra .1 to .15v this way and my modded AC will do 33k ft on a stock pack.
Amazing lolo, is that way can break battery cell?

Amazing lolo, is that way can break battery cell?
It won't help them last longer that's for sure. I set aside two packs for setting records and only fly them when I need to. Otherwise fly regular charged ones for testing.
20 cycles of hard running is all I expect from a pack and then buy new ones.

I have a Sept 2017 built Mavic now so may try some stock battery flights while I prep my modded AC for 4s, lighter weight and much longer range.

Reactions: amalia saputro

I replace sport mode with ATTI and leave P mode alone. User preference.

If you set P mode to ATTI, it will still boot in P mode and you can select ATTI by flipping the flight mode switch up and back. Then you can keep sport mode if you prefer.

Last edited:
Yes stock
I was just thinking the stock board has been dead,Then you come up with
28366'.Thumbswayup Great Run
With 6% battery left your gonna break 30kThumbswayup.What was your flight time? The best Iv gotten is 25866' at turn around with 41% ,Landed with 0%.Flight time 24:35 .
I think I can get another 500'-1k (better turn and better control when auto landing kicks in)but to get the numbers you top 5 guys are getting,,,I dont see happening.:(

With 6% battery left your gonna break 30kThumbswayup.What was your flight time? The best Iv gotten is 25866' at turn around with 41% ,Landed with 0%.Flight time 24:35 .
I think I can get another 500'-1k (better turn and better control when auto landing kicks in)but to get the numbers you top 5 guys are getting,,,I dont see happening.:(
I'd suggest comparing .dat files with guys above you on the stock leaderboard, and analyze your own setup to make sure you're maximizing your watt second numbers getting to the motors.

You should be looking for watt second per meter #'s in the 8s to compete for the top spots.

Its about 23minute..and left 190mAh...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas