DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I did 37,562 and back this morning. M.S. 4000 stock controller no Windsurfer. First flight with the mod. Surprised I didn't get more flight time. Gotta go to bigger batteries. Jake Jones I would rather leave my stock distance record on the board if that's okay.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Attachments

• IMG_0286.PNG
    IMG_0286.PNG
    6.7 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0287.PNG
    IMG_0287.PNG
    6.8 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Heck yeah unknown caller!!! Nice flight I've a feeling this is gonna be a busy leaderboard over the summer :)
Thanks Dig wasn't a bad test flight yours was a better one though nice job!!! I'm surprised my theoretical flight time was under 30 minutes. I think I need to go direct like you. Once I get my bird setup right I'm sure me and you are going to have some Good Times bro!!

Reactions: digdat0
I did 37,562 and back this morning. M.S. 4000 stock controller no Windsurfer. First flight with the mod. Surprised I didn't get more flight time. Gotta go to bigger batteries. Jake Jones I would rather leave my stock distance record on the board if that's okay.

Is that multistar Lihv or lipo? I have the lipo version and it sucks. Previously had Lihv version and had much better performance. The lipo version seem to have high internal resistance (high voltage sag). I had thought it was my battery mod clip, but even after soldering it better, I get same results, using only portion of external capacity.

Anyway, step up to dual lihv batteries like Digdat0 and problem solved.

Last edited:
Is that multistar Lihv or lipo? I have the lipo version and it sucks. Previously had Lihv version and had much better performance. The lipo version send to have high internal resistance (high voltage sag). I had thought it was my battery mod clip, but even after soldering it better, I get same results, using only portion of external capacity.

Standard lipo I didn't know everybody was having problems with them. I am curious to see what I will get with twin 3k LIHV batteries vs dig's bird. I'll give it a shot thanks Nate!!!

Ran my 2x3.0 multistar 3s lihv batteries today, made it 40,226 ft feet before turning back. Stock RC, no mods.

XpMvKYb.jpg

Etvvzlc.png

mSlq8S2.png
waE3r21.png
Dig I know Db is working on something. Oh and he names his Mavic "10 Mile Mavic". He's probably retrofitting one of the ex-large batteries on that poor Mavic. I will look like the space shuttle on top of the 747. But he'll get it to fly. :eek:

Reactions: in10s and CyberNate
Standard lipo I didn't know everybody was having problems with them. I am curious to see what I will get with twin 3k LIHV batteries vs dig's bird. I'll give it a shot thanks Nate!!!

The problem is there is those Multistar 3S lihv packs are sold out. I can't find one anywhere in the US. I'll be in Germany next month, so maybe I'll pick up some while I'm there. EU supply looks fine. I had those dual 3000mah lihv's on my previous Mavic. I lost my first mavic on one of my distance runs due to the main battery switching off during flight. Had to land it and someone took my Mavic before I got there. Anyway, be careful when using Lihv. You need to charge them to a bit less than full (per cell must be less than mavic's) or the Mavic battery can turn off. I also had issues with my previous battery mod which had too much resistance in the Y adapter. It was the older battery mod version which caused battery errors during flight.

Is that multistar Lihv or lipo? I have the lipo version and it sucks. Previously had Lihv version and had much better performance. The lipo version send to have high internal resistance (high voltage sag). I had thought it was my battery mod clip, but even after soldering it better, I get same results, using only portion of external capacity.

Only issue is that mavic seems to have similar issue as the p4 where if battery voltage is higher than stock battery it shuts down. On the p3 this charges the stock battery but on the mavic I'm experiencing simply a power down. I'm having to drain the lihv batteries below 13v before I can fly, but still more than the lipos.

Edit: just read your last post seems you are all too aware of that issue. Btw, I ordered mine on back order from hobbyking and they shipped 7 days later from Hong Kong

Reactions: in10s
Dig I know Db is working on something. Oh and he names his Mavic "10 Mile Mavic". He's probably retrofitting one of the ex-large batteries on that poor Mavic. I will look like the space shuttle on top of the 747. But he'll get it to fly. :eek:

He pushes it hard, I'm excited to see him on the mavic. I think competition is great and the info sharing really helps. Also seems that distance flights are really taking off where the p3 it's dying down. It's a totally different bird to fly than the phantom line too, super fun!! Here's to good weather and low wind!!

Yes, I figured he would do something soon since a few of us are eclipsing his leader board record. He did that record run with dual 1500mah batteries. I can imagine what he can do with much larger cells.

Yes, I figured he would do something soon since a few of us are eclipsing his leader board record. He did that record run with dual 1500mah batteries. I can imagine what he can do with much larger cells.
I think he meant Dirtybum rather than chuck from dbs mods.

I think he meant Dirtybum rather than chuck from dbs mods.

Ahhh, well I've seen his runs posted on the Phantom forums. Yeah, he'll be on top in no time. But the Mavic thrust to weight ratio is about 66% of the Phantom. It's a big challenge to get the right battery setup for a big run. 50K feet is about the limit for Mavic I think and that will take a PERFECT run with zero wind. Returns are quickly diminishing on the Mavic as the weight goes up. The motors do heat up significantly with the extra weight once the motors go over 70% thrust. I've gotten mine pretty hot on a windy day. I can't imagine going larger than dual 4000mah lihv. I'm also not sure if the dual 4000mah will outperform the dual 3000mah significantly. Probably only slightly by 1 or 2 minutes tops, but that minute or 2 will be needed for 50K.

Seven,7, seven miles! Wow, that is nuts, and awesome. Makes my little 3-4 mile stock runs look like childsplay.

Seven,7, seven miles! Wow, that is nuts, and awesome. Makes my little 3-4 mile stock runs look like childsplay.
Thanks bro I've got a battery mod so that increases the flight time. Four miles with the stock battery is pretty awesome. Nothing shabby about that bro.

All updated! Let me know if I missed yours!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez