DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Dang son! Well done!!!!

Thank you! Well I expect this will be topped in less than 2 days from now. Once I get my LiHV batteries in a week or 2, I plan to reach close to 50,000. I had plenty of signal, especially once I reached the water where 2 bars came back. Purely battery limited. Used sport mode on the way back and ran nearly 40mph all the way home.

Thank you! Well I expect this will be topped in less than 2 days from now. Once I get my LiHV batteries in a week or 2, I plan to reach close to 50,000. I had plenty of signal, especially once I reached the water where 2 bars came back. Purely battery limited. Used sport mode on the way back and ran nearly 40mph all the way home.
I did a shorter run out to 25000 and was trying sport mode coming back I'll have setup a link. I added dash ware so you can see the numbers. Dirt bum thought my peak was around 36 mph. I was bouncing around in speed.

What was your speed on the way out? And why don't you use Sport mode on the way out?

Nice flight Nate! You gotta airdata link?
You using the boosted fpvlr's on that run? Pretty calm? You run full throttle in sport to get 40 mph on the way back?
I've just been overpacking the ms high capacity bats I have, haven't seen no ill effects yet, but they do lose a little juice if you let them sit 24 hrs w/out flying them, where the lihv's can sit a couple days

Reactions: digdat0
What was your speed on the way out? And why don't you use Sport mode on the way out?

Too much wind and weight for sport mode speeds on the way out. Even in P mode I couldn't go full pitch or RPM/power would exceed 80% on occasion. I simply keep RPM/Power under 80%. You can view the tachometer in P mode by simply having the controller switched to sport mode BEFORE turning it on. This way you see tach in P mode. Speed out ranged from 29 to 32.

On the way back I leveraged the 7 mph wind in sport mode. Most of the way I was full pitch and under 70% power/rpm. Only a few times did I have to reduce pitch a bit to drop rpm/power. This approach is best for heavy batteries to avoid wasting energy in motor heat and fluctuating RPM.

You using the boosted fpvlr's on that run? Pretty calm? You run full throttle in sport to get 40 mph on the way back?
I've just been overpacking the ms high capacity bats I have, haven't seen no ill effects yet, but they do lose a little juice if you let them sit 24 hrs w/out flying them, where the lihv's can sit a couple days

I've also considered overpacking the LIPOs. This will work well for a few flights. You can't do that with Lihv as the external battery will exceed the Mavic battery and then it will switch off. That's how I lost my first Mavic.

I'll upload and PM you the link. I don't want everyone seeing it as I'll get the drone police all over me.

On my long really close flights back It's become second hand to watch my bat% while watching the mileage countdown (like when a doctor listens to yer heartbeats while watching his watch) and it looked like Pheonix was getting good bat conservation on the way back at 36ish mph. At 40 you just watch the bat% eat up.
It would be nice if you could integrate throttle % on Dashware vids

On my long really close flights back It's become second hand to watch my bat% while watching the mileage countdown (like when a doctor listens to yer heartbeats while watching his watch) and it looked like Pheonix was getting good bat conservation on the way back at 36ish mph. At 40 you just watch the bat% eat up.
It would be nice if you could integrate throttle % on Dashware vids

I'm with you on that! I'm constantly doing calculations in my head if I can make it back. This flight was easy, but I've had some where autolanding kicks in and I have nearly 2 miles to go. The autolanding mode sucks as you are limited to 28mph and have to fight descending with elevator.

...Pheonix was getting good bat conservation on the way back at 36ish mph. At 40 you just watch the bat% eat up.

It's not quite that simple. You have to think about the wind speed. With a 7mph tail wind, 40mph ground speed is actually 33mph air speed. The mavic is most efficient somewhere around 32 or 33 in my experience. It also depends on your load weight.

I've also considered overpacking the LIPOs. This will work well for a few flights. You can't do that with Lihv as the external battery will exceed the Mavic battery and then it will switch off. That's how I lost my first Mavic.

I only charge my p4 externals to 4.32 to cure that. Prob work the same on the mavic

I only charge my p4 externals to 4.32 to cure that. Prob work the same on the mavic

Well that's not overpacking Lihv. Standard maximum voltage is 4.35. Regarding Lipo, how far do you overpack? 4.30, 4.25?

Last edited:
Ok @JakeMaxxUAV, It's time to put me at the top of the leaderboard and knock that @digdat0 down a peg ;-) . Did a run into a 7mph wind of 41793.2 feet with my crappy dual 4000mah lipo batteries. I could have gone further but don't want to lose my Mavic with Goggles on the way!View attachment 13167

View attachment 13168

wow. mad respect CyberNate.

I'm impressed on a few fronts .. the signal in that area is amazing. I've been there, its dense and ALOT of wifi and devices! I'm not sure if you are on a hill or not, but in an area like that, that's just phenomenal. Second, who the hell turns at 48% when they are 41k away (especially when they got goggles coming!)? Well, CyberNate does that's who! And, you landed at 14%, meaning it wasn't just a guess but rather you know the wind and the speed the bird will fly and were confident to go down that low. Nice flight!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika