DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

The hard distance limit kicked in. I have not made any adjustments to my breaking, I believe it still set at 100 or 130. Lolo is the only one I know that has turned off his breaking. That’s why he is 1250 feet a head of everyone. I am only went 8 feet farther then unknown caller 58,919 and only 23 feet further than **Mick** 58,904.

BTW - I tested turning braking to the lowest setting from Lolo's config. Holy cow be careful and don't fly in close quarters. I was too scared to try again and set it back to normal.

Do we know the exact hard limit because it seems that those that have hit it vary slightly?

The hard distance limit kicked in. I have not made any adjustments to my breaking, I believe it still set at 100 or 130. Lolo is the only one I know that has turned off his breaking. That’s why he is 1250 feet a head of everyone. I am only went 8 feet farther then unknown caller 58,919 and only 23 feet further than **Mick** 58,904.
Dude, I just watched your video and you cruising home all calm and landing all normal as you hit 3.32 volts like just another day at the park... WOW, NICE !!!

That is proof positive to disable all auto landing protocols if you want to fly down to 1%. You would have been flying in goofy circles at the end if you had not changed the battery settings.

Thats much better than your landing in the lake a while back :)

Reactions: SkyNinja
Yeah, I’ve learned a lot since losing that first Mavic in the bay last October. Understanding how to determine how far I can push it by voltage rather than battery percentage. I’m known you know how different each stock batteries read voltage to percentage. I have batteries that reads 60% at 3.80V and others that read 3.80V at 53%.

I had done some comparisons between **Mick**’s flights and my flights. Our setups are very similar and our volts to distance are almost the same, so I was very confident I would make it back and if I did not I gave myself a lot of land to ditch it.

I think the hard limit is 58,810ft/ 17925m

Thanks **Mick**, I have to give you some of the credit, if I did not have your video to reference voltage readings to distance I probably would not have pushed it out to distance limit with my current setup. I was thinking I needed to get larger or different batteries hit the limits.

Mick. Ninja
30k 4.00v. 4.01v
Limit 3.79v. 3.81v
40k 3.70v. 3.71v
20k 3.66v. 3.65v
10k 3.60v. 3.61v
03k. 3.58v 3.56v
Home 3.47v. 3.33v major cell deviations

Reactions: **mick**
Next week I will learn how to read . Lol

Last edited:
Here is my night fly for 17961.3 (as minimum) meters (it is - 58928 foot) and back -

View attachment 40376

And video from the phone screen -

Total flight time was about 49 minutes

Mavic has battery mod and RC modded for Yagi antenna.

@JakeMaxxUAV

Did anyone look at Pento’s video, I don’t believe he got within 425ft/130m of the home point before he crashed landed about 1000ft away.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me where to read the distance records for 100% stock mav Pro

Did anyone look at Pento’s video, I don’t believe he got within 425ft/130m of the home point before he crashed landed about 1000ft away.

Yes, I just watched it. He got below 3.4v and lost yaw control. He was so close, but no cigar. I noticed he also hit the limit at 3.8v like you and mick.

Yes, I just watched it. He got below 3.4v and lost yaw control. He was so close, but no cigar. I noticed he also hit the limit at 3.8v like you and mick.

Yep once he reached 3.4v it when out-of-control. I’m curious to know what his battery mod setup is. His battery percentage ran down like it was reading off of the stock battery, it was at 0% after traveling 32k feet. But the battery voltage appeared to be running off of the external batteries.

Also if you watch Pento whole video it looks like he was flying with just a camera, no gimbal.

Yep once he reached 3.4v it when out-of-control. I’m curious to know what his battery mod setup is. His battery percentage ran down like it was reading off of the stock battery, it was at 0% after traveling 32k feet. But the battery voltage appeared to be running off of the external batteries.

Also if you watch Pento whole video it looks like he was flying with just a camera, no gimbal.
I bet he left the gimbal lock clip on and that caused the video issue.

Thanks **Mick**, I have to give you some of the credit, if I did not have your video to reference voltage readings to distance I probably would not have pushed it out to distance limit with my current setup. I was thinking I needed to get larger or different batteries hit the limits.

Mick. Ninja
30k 4.00v. 4.01v
Limit 3.79v. 3.81v
40k 3.70v. 3.71v
20k 3.66v. 3.65v
10k 3.60v. 3.61v
03k. 3.58v 3.56v
Home 3.47v. 3.33v major cell deviations
Dam it... I shot myself in the foot there with my video as you just beat me haha. I'm glad I helped a little, our cells are pretty evenly matched there.

Reactions: SkyNinja
I bet he left the gimbal lock clip on and that caused the video issue.

You’re probably right, he may have a broken gimbal motor so he leaves the gimbal clamp on. I guess it depends on what Version DJI Go 4 app he is running. But most of the time you get a yellow bar across the top with a warning when the gimbal lock is on.

IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG
IMG_1227.JPG

Dam it... I shot myself in the foot there with my video as you just beat me haha. I'm glad I helped a little, our cells are pretty evenly matched there.

As Lolo has pointed out before, until we figure out how to get around the distance limit, its now a game of chicken to see who will turn braking down the lowest to coast past the limit. Then the effort of landing back home becomes very difficult with almost no brakes. Try it sometime, but do it in an open area.

If you have ever driven a car on a frozen lake or similar, it feels just like doing 60mph then trying to stop at a predetermined point on the ice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart