DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Reactions: Aumoe
Nice flight and break mine... God job

You are so kind. I just want to test how far that a brand new mavic pro battery can flight. Previously I got 7.5 km by using a 30 cycle old battery. The single battery record 8641 km is the record in China. However I just saw those range records at mavicpilots yesterday, so I post it here yesterday.
244.jpg

You are so kind. I just want to test how far that a brand new mavic pro battery can flight. Previously I got 7.5 km by using a 30 cycle old battery. The single battery record 8641 km is the record in China. However I just saw those range records at mavicpilots yesterday, so I post it here yesterday.
View attachment 42356
When i get 8.636 battery has 3900 mah over charge, how about yours?

When i get 8.636 battery has 3900 mah over charge, how about yours?

I remember that the app has shown the new battery with a capacity >3900mAh. But mostly a battery full charge or not is determined by its final voltage. I also discovered that a method which can fully charge a DJI battery. Firstly charge the battery until LED light goes out. Then discharge the battery by put it on the drone from 100% to 99%. And put the battery back to the charger at once. The battery will bypass the auto cut off function until the charger and the battery reach equilibrium. i.e. 4.35V per each cell of the battery. I use this method to charge a battery when I need a longer flight time. Even an old battery can charge upto 4.35V by using this method.
445.jpg

Last edited:
I remember that the app has shown the new battery with a capacity >3900mAh. But mostly a battery full charge or not is determined by its final voltage. I also discovered that a method which can fully charge a DJI battery. Firstly charge the battery until LED light goes out. Then discharge the battery by put it on the drone from 100% to 99%. And put the battery back to the charger at once. The battery will bypass the auto cut off function until the charger and the battery reach equilibrium. i.e. 4.35V per each cell of the battery. I use this method to charge a battery when I need a longer flight time. Even an old battery can charge upto 4.35V by using this method.
View attachment 42357
Thanks mate, noted...

View attachment 42357

I was not aware of that procedure (most probably are not). I bet we will see a whole new batch of stock records being reported now. Get flying folks!!

I flew my Mavic to China and back to the US on stock battery. It was modded to use a 100,000 watt TV transmitter antenna. I had screenshots but...uh...my dog deleted them?

Reactions: BudWalker
I flew my Mavic to China and back to the US on stock battery. It was modded to use a 100,000 watt TV transmitter antenna. I had screenshots but...uh...my dog deleted them?
Where is the Like X10 button when you need it?

Your naughty dog must be punished to fast at least 2 days.

Just done nearly 3 Miles on totally stock mavic pro.
I will upload the video to it when I'm done editing it. 20180721_222604.jpeg

Here's the Video to the 3 mile Mavic flight

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
@JakeMaxxUAV

Does anybody know if Jake plans on maintaining this thread? It has been over a month since the leaderboard has been updated. Aumoe has flown 50K, **Mick** hit the limit, I have hit 56k and the limit, and Ray has set the new stock distance record, all in the last month and none of it has been updated on the leaderboard.

Any mods to the antenna system or is it just the AC has no mods?

Stock antenna with a curved reflective plate. RC signal was very weak since China is CE mode. I intended to go to a rural area to avoid interference.

Stock antenna with a curved reflective plate. RC signal was very weak since China is CE mode. I intended to go to a rural area to avoid interference.
I don't remember what it's called, but China is not using CE. I believe the tx power is somewhere in between CE and FCC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13