DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

You're not measuring the right way. We are not talking about total distance. We are measuring how far away you fly from the controller. If you're talking about total distance trip, many of us are approaching 85,000ft.

You are approaching 1/2 the distance of the top of the leaderboard.
I just seen that

Reactions: Unknown Caller
@strider
or can I call you Calvin, you are aware that the distances on the leaderboard are not round-trip numbers. That's the distance they went one way before they turned around.
If you was aware of that then I'll butt out, I do admire your competitiveness and go-getter attitude. And I'm kicking myself in the butt for not naming my aircraft Hobbes (i'm a huge fan of that comic)

Edit: I just noticed Nate already informed you of this.

@strider
or can I call you Calvin, you are aware that the distances on the leaderboard are not round-trip numbers. That's the distance they went one way before they turned around.
If you was aware of that then I'll butt out, I do admire your competitiveness and go-getter attitude. And I'm kicking myself in the butt for not naming my aircraft Hobbes (i'm a huge fan of that comic)

Edit: I just noticed Nate already informed you of this.

Jinx

I was just about to say something to glad I didn't. There's nothing wrong with trying to go for a big stock run Strider. I think it might be possible to turn 30k stock. That would be impressive to me. It takes balls putting a bird out that far without the added security of a Saddleback battery. Good luck to you brother.

Hey guys I was just wondering what you all thought of the forced update that's coming at the end of next week? I think it's the first step towards serious limitations on our light Bridge drones. I know some people don't think it's going to be a big deal , but I'm kind of worried about it.

Well son of a gun, I thought these were round trip numbers and was wondering why the numbers didn't seem that impressive. Now I understand the process.

Back to finding a new spot that gives me better distance.

Reactions: CyberNate
Hey guys I was just wondering what you all thought of the forced update that's coming at the end of next week? I think it's the first step towards serious limitations on our light Bridge drones. I know some people don't think it's going to be a big deal , but I'm kind of worried about it.

You would think your question is a little off topic for this thread but I do not think that because the flyers on this thread are the very people that these restrictions are going to affect!
From what I can see, if you already have an older firmware and an older app version, and can possibly keep a dedicated device map caqued and data free then I'm not understanding how they can force this on you. Because I do have that scenario, will have to wait-and-see. It's only speculation, but it makes sense that they could have already sneaked this code into the newer firmware like .700 and possibly even the most recent go version.
Worst case scenario I have to go back to my old hobby, drinking beer and binge watching TV series[emoji41]

Well son of a gun, I thought these were round trip numbers and was wondering why the numbers didn't seem that impressive. Now I understand the process.

Back to finding a new spot that gives me better distance.

You'll get there! You just need a battery mod. The range on stock antenna is amazing. In fact we haven't reached the limit yet. Look at Unknown Caller on top of the leaderboard. He's stock controller, only having the battery mod. He's also slightly crazy to get those distances like 27,500 with stock battery and 42,500 with only 1 add on battery ;-).

I think we should be fine, not to many companies shoot themselves in the foot on a new release. Plus there will be a hacked version of the software/ hardware in no time.

Reactions: CyberNate
You would think your question is a little off topic for this thread but I do not think that because the flyers on this thread are the very people that these restrictions are going to affect!
From what I can see, if you already have an older firmware and an older app version, and can possibly keep a dedicated device map caqued and data free then I'm not understanding how they can force this on you. Because I do have that scenario, will have to wait-and-see. It's only speculation, but it makes sense that they could have already sneaked this code into the newer firmware like .700 and possibly even the most recent go version.
Worst case scenario I have to go back to my old hobby, drinking beer and binge watching TV series[emoji41]
Miller had been missing you. their stocks dropped 2 points when you stop drinking. :cool:

Miller had been missing you. their stocks dropped 2 points when you stop drinking. :cool:

Oh you know it did!
Actually I had a bad habit of "tasting"many different craft beers a night. Now that's an expensive hobby!
"Tasting" craft beers makes the drone hobby seem cheap in comparison[emoji482]

Oh you know it did!
Actually I had a bad habit of "tasting"many different craft beers a night. Now that's an expensive hobby!
"Tasting" craft beers makes the drone hobby seem cheap in comparison[emoji482]
Well this us cheaper than my old hobby putting holes in paper at 100 yards.

Reactions: digdat0
Yeah DJI is sneaky I'm sure GO App 4 already has this coding in it. Like you I'm going to try to keep my tablet offline. I just don't know how I'm going to get around syncing the data to the server so we can use healthy drones you know. I'm going to hold off on modding my mavic until after the update hits and we learn exactly what it entails. There's always the Phantom 2 bro!!!

go for it. I have a battery mod and strapped on 2 1050. ( small). I was out to 34300ft and like a fool I was playing around with the modes and came up short 2800 ft. next time no playing around I'll be there and back. So I can't count this one.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Dang man, so close!! Great time and flight with small batteries.

You'll get there! You just need a battery mod. The range on stock antenna is amazing. In fact we haven't reached the limit yet. Look at Unknown Caller on top of the leaderboard. He's stock controller, only having the battery mod. He's also slightly crazy to get those distances like 27,500 with stock battery and 42,500 with only 1 add on battery ;-).
If you knew how many birds I've lost in my long range career you would upgrade me to full-blown crazy!!!

Yeah DJI is sneaky I'm sure GO App 4 already has this coding in it. Like you I'm going to try to keep my tablet offline. I just don't know how I'm going to get around syncing the data to the server so we can use healthy drones you know. I'm going to hold off on modding my mavic until after the update hits and we learn exactly what it entails. There's always the Phantom 2 bro!!!

I was actually thinking about that after I posted this comment. That might be with the one thing that will affect us. Healthy drones is a great way to lay it all out there and show that the flight is legit versus screenshots. Will just have to wait and see what people experience. Air data may just be off-limits!
And I still have a couple of each of the P2 series just waiting their turn, they made some amazing flights but they still got something to prove. But just in case this long range thing is going to be a thing of the past everybody better get out there and try to take that number one spot so they can go down in history[emoji41]
Personally I think it's going to be Phoenix in the morning. If his AdD will allow him to keep his attention and he stops playing around with buttons and looking at girls were flying, I mean squirrels[emoji41]

I was actually thinking about that after I posted this comment. That might be with the one thing that will affect us. Healthy drones is a great way to lay it all out there and show that the flight is legit versus screenshots. Will just have to wait and see what people experience. Air data may just be off-limits!
And I still have a couple of each of the P2 series just waiting their turn, they made some amazing flights but they still got something to prove. But just in case this long range thing is going to be a thing of the past everybody better get out there and try to take that number one spot so they can go down in history[emoji41]
Personally I think it's going to be Phoenix in the morning. If his AdD will allow him to keep his attention and he stops playing around with buttons and looking at girls were flying, I mean squirrels[emoji41]

No distance runs for me for awhile. I have my Goggles coming tomorrow and want to at least be able to enjoy them a few times. I've already lost 1 Mavic. Once I get my Lihv batteries and a proper battery mod in place, I'll take another crack for 50,000ft.

Reactions: digdat0
You're not measuring the right way. We are not talking about total distance. We are measuring how far away you fly from the controller. If you're talking about total distance trip, many of us are approaching 85,000ft.

You are approaching 1/2 the distance of the top of the leaderboard.
Cyber I think they call that Married Male measuring. :cool: Yes dear it is.....

But that squirrel had a rack.....;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02