DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

This morning I did 43160 feet and back with my mavic. Certainly not a world-beating record but I learned some things about standard LiPO batteries with the mavic on this one. I know that everybody is on the high-voltage tip right now , but the standard LiPO batteries are amazing in the last 12%. I flew about 7000 feet in low-power mode at 22 miles per hour and I only used 6% battery. I'm figuring I have anywhere between 6 and 8 minutes left of flight time after I hit Landing mode with the 5200. I doubt very seriously the high-voltage battery would come close to that. I believe the saddlebag battery charges the main battery in landing mode. I don't know I just figured I'd share that with you guys. In my opinion though if the mavic was faster in landing mode the standard lipo would be superior to the high voltage batteries , but because it only does 22 or 23 miles an hour they can't make up the difference.

That's an excellent flight! Yes, the multistar lipo must be flown heavily on bottom end to extract the energy. The external battery should not charge the main battery during flight, but most current should be flowing from the external as you get lower in voltage. When you land it will charge the main. You'll I likely never get all the energy out without running main battery to 0. I bet if you check the external you still have more than 3.7v/cell, unless you have a very warm day which effectively reduces the internal resistance on the battery.

If my flight and Unknown Caller's are not considered, them this is the top flight on the leaderboard. Great job!

Reactions: Unknown Caller
Cybernate I tried Full Throttle sport mode while in landing mode this morning and I still couldn't crack 23 miles an hour. I don't know what's different with mine and yours but I can't do anywhere near 28 miles an hour once I get below 12%.

That's an excellent flight! Yes, the multistar lipo must be flown heavily on bottom end to extract the energy. The external battery should not charge the main battery during flight, but most current should be flowing from the external as you get lower in voltage. When you land it will charge the main. You'll I likely never get all the energy out without running main battery to 0. I bet if you check the external you still have more than 3.7v/cell, unless you have a very warm day which effectively reduces the internal resistance on the battery.

If my flight and Unknown Caller's are not considered, them this is the top flight on the leaderboard. Great job!
Before I land I can see the battery LEDs and they look like they're in charging mode. Normally though that will shut the main battery down completely like it does if you have the saddlebag batteries overcharged.
I don't know that's just my observation on this flight.

Thanks bro I lost signal around 38k I had to climb up to 250 that really slowed me down. I went from 31 down to 27 mph. Hopefully I get those high voltage battery soon. Then I can go after 10 miles hopefully at Lake Okeechobee.

Cybernate I tried Full Throttle sport mode while in landing mode this morning and I still couldn't crack 23 miles an hour. I don't know what's different with mine and yours but I can't do anywhere near 28 miles an hour once I get below 12%.

I think I know the difference. Here in the Bay Area I mostly fly into a stiff headwind. So when I'm coming back I usually have a good tail wind. Perhaps the tail wind of around 7mph is why I'm seeing 28mph in landing mode.

Well, I'm certainly not on the leaderboard by any stretch, but I set my own personal record yesterday, 11,430', at which point I chickened out and came back. Landed with 28% battery.

Bone stock setup all around.

What was really cool was seeing urban Santa Cruz not too far in the distance... With a setup like Nate's, I could make it from house in Scotts Valley, CA all the way to Santa Cruz and possibly even out over the water of the Monterey Bay before I'd have to turn it around and come back. That would be an amazing flight: Start in alpine, forested mountains to some footage of surfers, then back up to the ski-looking coutry.

id like to join, my camera still having issues. i replaced gimbal motor, nogo. Gimbal ribbon seemed to do it, but i downgraded to .400 again and now its acting up, wont center .. and upgrading back to .700 didnt fix. I dont think these 3rd party gimbal ribbons are the same as DJI. Good luck man, i'm routing for ya! 50k would be huge.

Why do you keep downgrading to .400? Just leave it at .700. If you find that you're restricted in some way you can always try downgrading later. Moving to .400 seems to cause your erratic gimbal behavior.

Reactions: digdat0
How is that possible? At 62' there is bound to be something in between you and the drone right?
I was flying at Lake Okeechobee there's very little trees and the ones that are there are all around 40 or 50 feet tall. Signal is amazing there. I've done 20.7 miles with a Matrice 600 in my max altitude was only 105 ft full bars it's crazy out there.

Reactions: Natedoggz
Why do you keep downgrading to .400? Just leave it at .700. If you find that you're restricted in some way you can always try downgrading later. Moving to .400 seems to cause your erratic gimbal behavior.
At this point the only logical reason i can think is to keep FSTOPLABS in business for gimbal ribbons. My wife can attest, I an a glutton for punishment. I'm not moving off .700 anymore .. mark my words! If i never update this drone again i'll be happy man

Well, I'm certainly not on the leaderboard by any stretch, but I set my own personal record yesterday, 11,430', at which point I chickened out and came back. Landed with 28% battery.

What was really cool was seeing urban Santa Cruz not too far in the distance... With a setup like Nate's, I could make it from house in Scotts Valley, CA all the way to Santa Cruz and possibly even out over the water of the Monterey Bay before I'd have to turn it around and come back. That would be an amazing flight: Start in alpine, forested mountains to some footage of surfers, then back up to the ski-looking coutry.
thats a great flight! and, that would make aamzing video, post it up when you take it! :D

I was flying at Lake Okeechobee there's very little trees and the ones that are there are all around 40 or 50 feet tall. Signal is amazing there. I've done 20.7 miles with a Matrice 600 in my max altitude was only 105 ft full bars it's crazy out there.

That place looks dreamy for distance flying! 20.7 miles and back with your 600?

At this point the only logical reason i can think is to keep FSTOPLABS in business for gimbal ribbons. My wife can attest, I an a glutton for punishment. I'm not moving off .700 anymore .. mark my words! If i never update this drone again i'll be happy man

Dig has an addiction to experimental software hacks!
Cellphones, drones, apps,you name it.
He even moved my vehicle three parking spots over just to play a trick on me by hacking into my remote car starter, and we live seven states away.[emoji41]

So you're basically cheating ;-). I need a place like that! Looks like your have low wind as well.

Reactions: Unknown Caller
So you're basically cheating ;-). I need a place like that! Looks like your have low wind as well.
I don't live there it's a 3 hour drive away.
Most of my flights are right outside downtown Tampa like my last one. Flying at Lake Okeechobee it's like flying over the open ocean with the benefit of having low obstructions to break up the wind. If you hug the Tree Tops on the way out you almost get no negative effects from a headwind around 5 or 6 mph. Plus it has 11 Mile Levy so if you come up short you can just take a scooter or bicycle and pick up the Drone. It's the perfect spot. I've never been to one better.

That place looks dreamy for distance flying! 20.7 miles and back with your 600?
Yeah I did that with my matrice 600. I got some bigger batteries I'm going to try for 22 this weekend. I've got it up to about 75 minutes flight time. Man I wish you could see this thing bro it's awesome. It's a flying battery with a camera lol!!!

Reactions: HSK and CyberNate
thats a great flight! and, that would make aamzing video, post it up when you take it! :D
Thanks! The video is cool, but not very pretty. It was a hazy day, with the atmo near the dewpoint, so everything was washed out. Here's a snap from the video file near the endpoint:

two_mile.png

This is after trying to improve the appearance correcting the color, even though it was originally shot in TrueColor. You can see the edge of the Bay not too far off, I'd say about another 2 miles or so. Straight ahead is Soquel, to the right is Santa Cruz.

That's a sweet area to fly! I'll have to come out that way sometime and do a flight. I like to motorcycle out that way, so just need to bring my drone along. Get yourself a battery mod in place and and turn off obstacle avoidance to get your speed up a bit. You'll be covering that distance in no time.

That's freakin' amazing! 20.7 miles! I want a Matrice 600! That's have to be one of the longest flights for any RC copter. You need to start a leaderboard for that. I thought the phantoms had the longest flights.

New Record @JakeMaxxUAV. Did 49,098 ft (14964m and 9.30miles). Total disitance 98,284ft. I failed to reach 50K unfortunately due to a STRONG headwind once I got to the bay. Slowed me to a crawl with Max Motor Speed messages. I had to back off. I think once Unknown Caller gets a hold of these batteries and flies in his awesome spot, we'll see over 54k feet. My only advantage is that I get speeds of 28.9mph in landing mode, which lasted for more than a mile.

IMG_0152.PNG

IMG_0153.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
algirasingh