DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Question about LiHv charging. I was perusing the phantompilots site and noted several references to not fully charging the LiHv's to their max capacity. Was that stale information or is it still pertinent to the Mavic discussion?

for example I only charge my externals on the P4 up to 4.32 otherwise the p4 battery shuts off. I did it the same for the Mavic

for example I only charge my externals on the P4 up to 4.32 otherwise the p4 battery shuts off. I did it the same for the Mavic
Sometimes mine does that, sometimes it does not..like russian roulette. I got a very cheap lipo to Usb adaptor to discharge a bit at the field if that happens (and charge my bt300).

Sometimes mine does that, sometimes it does not..like russian roulette. I got a very cheap lipo to Usb adaptor to discharge a bit at the field if that happens (and charge my bt300).

I have a Lipo-only charger that does charge the LiHv to 12.6v as expected. Is that too low for this application?

I have a Lipo-only charger that does charge the LiHv to 12.6v as expected. Is that too low for this application?
If you want to @sskick Nate...i think it could make a difference depending on how the externals drain. Mine drain slightly slower than main so i get away with undercharged lihv. Though i have made better fitting connectors on my adapter leads, could be less resistance now..still have to test.
So little time these days!

I was just looking to break 8 miles(round trip) on a stock p3 battery,(I will) .But I want Maciak's kind of numbers (25000 with a total of 50k):D .so I started looking into the mavic's range numbers and thought the numbers I was seeing were round trip numbers.
Maciak has set me on the right path.you guys are taking one way trips.I didnt realize that. Over at PP P3 leader board its round trip also(that's what threw me off)Looks like I need to get a mavic:D
View attachment 17549
Yep, Mavic is magic. Great bird.
The flights on mavic board indeed max distance out! More risk you have to pick it up somewhere (or someone does that for you) for more thrill unless over open water. Latter case it will be crabfood.

12.6 works fine.

Well I know it works fine, but am I leaving potential power on the table for the same weight? dirtybum said charge to 12.96v.

I just got a new LiHv charger and you set the amp level to charge to. I have not figured this thing out yet and wondering what others set their LiHv charger amp setting?

I usually charge mine to 12.9 now that's just me and it works fine. I probably could go a little higher but I have not really messed with it that much to see. I know that 13.x will shut down the internal battery. What charger do you have that has that feature I like that.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try 12.96 now and see if it works on mine. As soon as the battery charges anyway.
I just hook it up .. if it powers off mavic bat, just let it go for 30-60 seconds, then turn mavic battery back on and G2G!

edit: removed part. i fully charge them to 4.35 and let the mavic drain a bit.

I just hook it up .. if it powers off mavic bat, just let it go for 30-60 seconds, then turn mavic battery back on and G2G!

edit: removed part. i fully charge them to 4.35 and let the mavic drain a bit.
My last run 4.35 would not work I drained it down to 4.30 and it worked.

12.96 and 4.30 cell voltage. I know that will work because that's what I just ran a while ago.

I ordered this loud and large beast (I do not recommend if you are short on desk space and can't handle jet engine fans), but if that does not bother you, it can do anything and everything x4.

Gonna try a run now with at 5200 LiHv @ 12.96v.

dronemods-013.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro