DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Yes, I fly in suburban areas most of the time and end up with flaky signals often, so I was already considering an antenna mod for penetration.

I also bought an Inspire 2 /X5S on accident (ha) the other day.

Ah yes that tab has been open in my browser...

How's the weight? I wondered if the amps made it too bulky.

How did your run do Beanbubba??

Wow! This is my first run with an LiHv and it is a noticeable improvement. Nearly a half hour and 5 miles out. I had a lot of wind this run and could easily get those numbers with less wind.

Lesson learned on this flight. I was fighting wind on the return and near the end speed dropped below 20mph. I could see the battery quickly depleting and then kicked in sport mode and zipped home in under a minute. I suspect that you need to keep your speed over 25mph to be the most efficient.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

dronemods-014.png

Man it is crazy spooky doing a sub 10% forced landing at night (and after a few pints) aiming for a tiny patch of light. This is why we are all here on this thread :)

drone-range-test-62.png

Wow! This is my first run with an LiHv and it is a noticeable improvement. Nearly a half hour and 5 miles out. I had a lot of wind this run and could easily get those numbers with less wind.

Lesson learned on this flight. I was fighting wind on the return and near the end speed dropped below 20mph. I could see the battery quickly depleting and then kicked in sport mode and zipped home in under a minute. I suspect that you need to keep your speed over 25mph to be the most efficient.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

View attachment 17608

Man it is crazy spooky doing a sub 10% forced landing at night (and after a few pints) aiming for a tiny patch of light. This is why we are all here on this thread :)

View attachment 17609

And you haven't lived life until you are 3/4 back home and realize you may not make it back. Then you hastily bring up google maps to find the best place to ditch the bird in a spot that you can still drive up to. It doesn't get much better than this. If you have this disorder, but a trackimo and velcro to your aircraft )

Yes, I fly in suburban areas most of the time and end up with flaky signals often, so I was already considering an antenna mod for penetration.

I also bought an Inspire 2 /X5S on accident (ha) the other day.
"Accident" lol...just admit you have trigger happy finger on that sticky mouse!! I think most of us know that feeling. Had that last week when i was in an electronics shop and saw some poor mavics on the shelf. They look at you with them puppy eyes, cannot resist.
Thank god im not physically attracted to inspire!!

That is a good one stop shop for the mods that sportbiker listed. From experience, buy an additional controller with the antenna mod. You will thank me later.

Why do you suggest an additional controller? Also, read through some other threads, seems you weren't a fan of those amps. Still suggest I buy that kit?

"Accident" lol...just admit you have trigger happy finger on that sticky mouse!! I think most of us know that feeling. Had that last week when i was in an electronics shop and saw some poor mavics on the shelf. They look at you with them puppy eyes, cannot resist.
Thank god im not physically attracted to inspire!!

I've spent a lot of time eeking the best PQ out of the Mavic so I was ready to see what an I2/X5S would yield. You can't beat the size and fun of the Mavic. Makes the P4 look like a toy. Can't wait for the v2 of it, cause they've got off to a great start.

Why do you suggest an additional controller? Also, read through some other threads, seems you weren't a fan of those amps. Still suggest I buy that kit?
Just for the times when you still want it to be compact for carry out or something.

Just for the times when you still want it to be compact for carry out or something.

Yeah. Except that I'm spoiled by the iPad mini. Maybe I'd be cool with a 5.5", but I misplaced my iPhone 7 plus while packing, and I think it's in a PODS :-(

So I throw the whole thing in a messenger bag currently

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr