DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Hello Everyone! Thought I would post my longest flight so far. I disabled forward obstacle sensors and took off in P-mode (GPS).The conditions were not that good, partly cloudy and 8 mph NNW winds. I flew due south with a tail wind from home point. At 22,281ft I throttled back and hit RTH. With the head wind traveling back to home point (not in my favor) when I reached half way point (apx. 11,000ft) I knew that I would not make it back to home with 30% battery left. At 14% bat. I started looking for a safe area to land. At 10% went into auto land. I forced it forward and kept altitude until I knew I was over the spot to land safely. It was about 2 minutes to the AC where I found it had landed safely with no problems. If the winds had have been less than 5 mph, I may have made it back to home. That will be for another mission to see. BTW the Mavic is stock with no mods.

View attachment 12331 View attachment 12332

You should have flown in the opposite direction for the range test. That way you could use sport mode on the way back which would cover an extra mile with same battery usage. 7 mph tail wind is the sweet spot for sport mode and more efficient than p mode in that scenario.

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to update the board, but I got er done! We've got a full board now, so now it's all about bumping people off :)

Reactions: Iarunr
@JakeMaxxUAV I have a new run at 35,851ft. Not happy with this run because I changed by SMA connectors yesterday and had TERRIBLE signal the entire flight. Apparently these Chinese elbow connectors are no good which I used for RP-SMA to SMA 90 degree bends. I did this route last week and had solid signal the entire way at just over 200ft altitude. This flight had constant signal break up. Same setup I had before, but with 90 degree SMA adapters.

IMG_0147.PNG

@JakeMaxxUAV I have a new run at 35,851ft. Not happy with this run because I changed by SMA connectors yesterday and had TERRIBLE signal the entire flight. Apparently these Chinese elbow connectors are no good which I used for RP-SMA to SMA 90 degree bends. I did this route last week and had solid signal the entire way at just over 200ft altitude. This flight had constant signal break up. Same setup I had before, but with 90 degree SMA adapters.

View attachment 12455
nice flight Cyber.
I just got my battery mod from Jake and I picked up 2 1050 mah. I'm thinking 7 miles I'll have to check my path out to 8 miles. If we can get a nice morning with no wind and little heat.

View attachment 12455
**** you are brave, I would never have the guts to fly so far in a urban environment.
Its like those **** cell towers and their beams can really mess you up.
Just last weekend I was in a rural area and spotted a single tower and nothing around, well, at 300 meters boom controller disconnected, it might be a directed multiwave repeater or something directed it killed my connection, I was surprised, clear skies nothing around but that single cell tower.

Ok I just got word that He's coming over to the Mavic Forum from the Phantom Forum. So Jake make space at the top for ******.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Ok I just got word that He's coming over to the Mavic Forum from the Phantom Forum. So Jake make space at the top for ******.

Oh, are you talking about DirtyBum? Nice. Those leaderboard guys do insane flights with highly modified craft. Looking forward to seeing some good mods.

Reactions: Phxbird57
b8072707120cc3d14a39a36bcbeb9c74.jpg

Broke my own record stock.
are u in the US and are u using a moded RC Strato?

are u in the US and are u using a moded RC Strato?

No buddy not in the US.
Not moded just stock :) Dont remember the firmware that I had for that flight, I think it was .550, but It might have been .500.

better to be safe then sorry. good job of handling the safe spot to land.
It's always better to start out with the fighting the wind and using it to push you home. I had the same problem with a wind came up on my way back. I found a dirt road to land on about 1/2 away.

Good job! If you want pointers, and I have nothing to point out since I haven't made my attempt yet... but. Don't fly in GPS mode. Fly in Sport mode. There's a sweet spot of covering ground, versus battery consumption.

On the P4 it turned out to be 31mph, which is too fast for GPS.

On Mavic with the small runs I've done, it's similar. Maybe even faster than that? I'm going to run a battery at 33 to 35 mph and see what happens. Also keeping an eye on RPMS. Below the first threshold is a good place to be.

I've also found that a steady ascent out, and a steady descent on the way back makes a good flight. On the P4 I would do like 1 to 1.2 vertical MPH up and down. Up to 400'. On the way back it slows the motors and saves battery if you're slightly descending on your way back from 400' at 31, 32, mph etc.

Good job! If you want pointers, and I have nothing to point out since I haven't made my attempt yet... but. Don't fly in GPS mode. Fly in Sport mode. There's a sweet spot of covering ground, versus battery consumption.

On the P4 it turned out to be 31mph, which is too fast for GPS.

On Mavic with the small runs I've done, it's similar. Maybe even faster than that? I'm going to run a battery at 33 to 35 mph and see what happens. Also keeping an eye on RPMS. Below the first threshold is a good place to be.

I've also found that a steady ascent out, and a steady descent on the way back makes a good flight. On the P4 I would do like 1 to 1.2 vertical MPH up and down. Up to 400'. On the way back it slows the motors and saves battery if you're slightly descending on your way back from 400' at 31, 32, mph etc.
Good to know. But dont think I will be going that high. Maybe 150 tops.

nice flight Cyber.
I just got my battery mod from Jake and I picked up 2 1050 mah. I'm thinking 7 miles I'll have to check my path out to 8 miles. If we can get a nice morning with no wind and little heat.

If you need help installing the remote let me know man. We can do it at my house and get it knocked out.

If you need help installing the remote let me know man. We can do it at my house and get it knocked out.
after watching the video on how to do it. I think I'll have Jake do it. And after reading cybermate talking about his.

The Mavic is new for distance to me. As you know PHXBIRD I took my Phantom way out there in Chandler! The longest flight I was headed to the access road for a ditch maneuver. Ultimately I didn't need it. lol.

Flying that far is fun.

My signal with the Mavic isn't good where we fly. Headed toward the airport is the best consistent signal. Going toward the water treatment plant I lose it all the time?

It would be fun to hook the both up and fly in tandem on a run. Side by Side, you run low and I'll run up to 300' or so and see what happens

after watching the video on how to do it. I think I'll have Jake do it. And after reading cybermate talking about his.
I did get the battery adapter from Jake. Have not had a chance to try it out to winded.

The Mavic is new for distance to me. As you know PHXBIRD I took my Phantom way out there in Chandler! The longest flight I was headed to the access road for a ditch maneuver. Ultimately I didn't need it. lol.

Flying that far is fun.

My signal with the Mavic isn't good where we fly. Headed toward the airport is the best consistent signal. Going toward the water treatment plant I lose it all the time?

It would be fun to hook the both up and fly in tandem on a run. Side by Side, you run low and I'll run up to 300' or so and see what happens
I've been flying at a southwest and cross 10 just north of queen creek like 100 yards. I've been aiming for that building it's 5 miles out.

Jakes stuff is good. CyberNate bought from some third party website. If you got it from Jake or DBS they test their stuff.

It was way easier than I thought. If you want to save the money I'd be happy to assist, or do it. Having someone do it doesn't guarantee the wires will be good. If the wires in the box are bad, those are the wires he will use.

Any rate let me know. I have everything to get it done pretty quickly. Otherwise let me know when you get her back up and running

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM. Who wants to get us started?

1. DBS - 37,057 ft - ItElite Atlas - Battery Mod
2. CyberNate - 32,851 ft - RexUAV Circular Polarized, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. Unknown Caller - 27,107 ft - Stock
4. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
5. Phxbird57 - 25,210 ft - Stock
6. Jack - 22,965 ft - Stock
7. PhelipeFleury - 22,775 ft - Stock
8. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
9. RAMJET-1, 22,097 ft - Stock
10. Jamison74 - 21,401 ft - Stock
11. Cameron1991 - 21,217 ft - Stock
12. Ozziebattler 21,059 ft - Stock
13. stratos - 19,226 ft - Stock
14. Gh0stxSinghx - 18,103 ft - Stock
15. finalfantasyfans - 16,573 ft - Stock
16. lonewolf - 15,837 ft - Stock
17. Mavic Maniac - 14,014 ft - Stock
18. Halle923 - 12,653 ft - Stock
19. TheLightSpeed! - 12,240 ft - ItElite Nano Sync
20. ezekielguy86 - 11,071 ft - Stock

Maybe @Phxbird57 I'm going too high? Low might be the trick on the Mavic. Who am I to argue with #5!

Maybe @Phxbird57 I'm going too high? Low might be the trick on the Mavic. Who am I to argue with #5!
I see Cybermate going up to 500 ft, He may need that but where we fly I'm thinking 150 tops. uses less power, and I notice less wind too. The ground slopes down from where we take off slowly. At 3 miles it has drop maybe 20 ft. So if your flying at 80 ft ( Like I was) your 100 off the ground.

Reactions: afastboy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229