DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I see Cybermate going up to 500 ft, He may need that but where we fly I'm thinking 150 tops. uses less power, and I notice less wind too. The ground slopes down from where we take off slowly. At 3 miles it has drop maybe 20 ft. So if your flying at 80 ft ( Like I was) your 100 off the ground.

No, I had issues with my signal that flight due to sma elbows between amps and antenna. Normally I fly much lower like just over 200 ft and have great signal. I had just changed my antenna connector prior to that flight and now have reverted back to a better working configuration.

ok I did read you were having problems with the connectors. have you tried flying over the ocean, lightspeed was doing that for a while till he moved. No large body of water here. I'm not sure if that would be good. I've read where some people are having problems with the forward sensors getting falsies reading off of water from the reflexion. I was having a problem last time out with my Mavic. Not sure what it was if reflexion off of building , the sun was low in the west. and I was head that direction. the forward sensors ( which I did have on) was stopping the drone thinking there was something there.

Ok Jake you can pencil me in 27900 ft with just a battery mod and wind surfer. I did have to go higher then I normally do, But this was my first flight with the battery mod. I'm sure 30000 can be made with my setup. :cool:
Cybernate you are right about the RTH and full stick I was getting 33 or 34 with a heard wind. Thanks for the info.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
JakeMaxxUAV

Ok Jake you can pencil me in 27900 ft with just a battery mod and wind surfer. I did have to go higher then I normally do, But this was my first flight with the battery mod. I'm sure 30000 can be made with my setup. :cool:
Cybernate you are right about the RTH and full stick I was getting 33 or 34 with a heard wind. Thanks for the info.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
JakeMaxxUAV

That excellent! I have some windsurfer extenders coming from 3D Solutions. @flyNfrank recommended these, as he's getting good results. I will try them on my stock controller once they arrive. I noticed they are a bit taller than the other offerings. Not sure if that makes any difference, but we shall see. Nice to have a compact solution for those days when I don't need 8 miles range and the bulkiness that goes with the setup.

That excellent! I have some windsurfer extenders coming from 3D Solutions. @flyNfrank recommended these, as he's getting good results. I will try them on my stock controller once they arrive. I noticed they are a bit taller than the other offerings. Not sure if that makes any difference, but we shall see. Nice to have a compact solution for those days when I don't need 8 miles range and the bulkiness that goes with the setup.
I picked mine up off ebay. I'm still not sure if their are helping or not. I know with the ones I used with my p3a it did. But the signal with the mavic is so strong. I was able to go 25000 before with out the,wind surfer. I'll have see how far I can go the next time and then put them on and see. This was my first flight with the battery mod. I did not want to push it to far and with a wind coming up. Next time will be over 33000.

I picked mine up off ebay. I'm still not sure if their are helping or not. I know with the ones I used with my p3a it did. But the signal with the mavic is so strong. I was able to go 25000 before with out the,wind surfer. I'll have see how far I can go the next time and then put them on and see. This was my first flight with the battery mod. I did not want to push it to far and with a wind coming up. Next time will be over 33000.

I take it the distance you posted is over water somewhere?

With the windsurfer over land, the neighbors roof, 2 housing editions, and numerous wooded areas, I have been just under 15,000ft returning with 30% remaining stock only battery. On the way out to that turn around point, it might drop to no bars a few times. When that happens, it always seems like maybe I wasn't pointing the deflector's face directly at the aircraft. With a little tilting of the wrist and it's back to 4-5 bars again. It also seems like if both the signal and HD bars flat line at a determined amount of time, that possibly the R/C output then increases.

Btw, keep in mind, its not always the distance you should just pay attention to. I tend to watch the reception behavior once I get out past a certain point. And also what it looks like after I climb another 50-100ft to gain additional reception.

Last edited:

With the windsurfer over land, the neighbors roof, 2 housing editions, and numerous wooded areas, I have been just under 15,000ft returning with 30% remaining stock only battery. On the way out to that turn around point, it might drop to no bars a few times. When that happens, it always seems like maybe I wasn't pointing the deflector's face directly at the aircraft. With a little tilting of the wrist and it's back to 4-5 bars again. It also seems like if both the signal and HD bars flat line at a determined amount of time, that possibly the R/C output then increases.

Btw, keep in mind, its not always the distance you should just pay attention to. I tend to watch the reception behavior once I get out past a certain point. And also what it looks like after I climb another 50-100ft to gain additional reception.
Frank you never been to Arizona what is water? just joking. But no water here. all dried up dirt. I'm working on the video.

Reactions: digdat0

Here you go Frank. there is a man made lake( pond) just north of where I fly. You can some what see it. . I'm from northwest Ohio That is a lake. ( Erie).

Last edited:
Here you go Frank. there is a man made lake just north of where I fly. You can some of it. ( pond). I'm from northwest Ohio That is a lake. ( Erie).
nice flight and nice vid Phxbird57 :) any tips on dashware? it freezes when i import data from mavic :/

nice flight and nice vid Phxbird57 :) any tips on dashware? it freezes when i import data from mavic :/
I run my video first through Pinnacle video editing. wash it down to 1080p. Dashware I don't think can handle anything higher than that. I tried to load a 4K and it did not like it at all. Try that and see if that works. some what sorry you loss the nice high end video. Let me know if that works for you.

I run my video first through Pinnacle video editing. wash it down to 1080p. Dashware I don't think can handle anything higher than that. I tried to load a 4K and it did not like it at all. Try that and see if that works. some what sorry you loss the nice high end video. Let me know if that works for you.

Don't start talking about dashware. I just managed to take a break from using it on all my vids. It wouldn't be so bad if the process was quicker.

Btw, I have no way of knowing where you're located since it doesn't appear in your avatar area.

Don't start talking about dashware. I just managed to take a break from using it on all my vids. It wouldn't be so bad if the process was quicker.

Btw, I have no way of knowing where you're located since it doesn't appear in your avatar area.
I've have to add that thank you for pointing that out.
Dashware I play around with it I know there are people that know more that I do.

27,578 feet and back with the Mavic completely stock not even a Windsurfer. The signal is insane for stock on this drone. I was at only 17 feet altitude all the way out to 26,000 feet!!! Only reason I climbed at the end of my first leg was for the rth minimum altitude. I'm very impressed with this drone. Can't wait to play with it once it's modded.
IMG_0279-1.PNG IMG_0280.PNG Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

just a quick question, what program are you using, I like the compass feature
That is dashware and I'm not sure how great that compass is. It seems like when your stop it's looks like your spinning but your not. I know it's getting the data from the log file from the phone.

I did 30,000 ft today with FPVLR yagi antennas. This was WITHOUT my boosters. They are nice and compact unlike my huge circular polarized antenna. I did this flight in an area where I know there's interference. Stock I start losing signal at 15,000 ft. I'm sure I could push further than that stock, but the choppy signal doesn't inspire confidence.

Screenshot_20170511-185103.png

I did 30,000 ft today with FPVLR yagi antennas. This was WITHOUT my boosters. They are nice and compact unlike my huge circular polarized antenna. I did this flight in an area where I know there's interference. Stock I start losing signal at 15,000 ft. I'm sure I could push further than that stock, but the choppy signal doesn't inspire confidence.

View attachment 12692
tell me you made it back ok turn around at 46%

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23