DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Mine did a kamikaze once into the dirt due critical battery..
Sorry to hear that . I think most of us have had a bad day. Mine lost GPS and start driffing till it hit the ground flip and then started making two very nice post holes.

Lost my Mavic with a single 1800 Lihv strapped to the back last Saturday due to dead iPhone then 10% autoland, started returning home at 12% from 1600' distance but went into critical landing at 550' from my home into very dense woods. I did my best to make the #'s on the Mavic controller get smaller but couldn't keep it in the air. Lesson, never fly with low phone battery + depeleted bird.

Never found it after 10hrs searching, I won't give up as it's less then 600' from my home. Another mavic is on order.

Last edited:
Lost my Mavic with a single 1800 Lihv strapped to the back last Saturday due to dead iPhone then 10% autoland, started returning home at 12% from 1600' distance but went into critical landing at 550' from my home into very dense woods. I did my best to make the #'s on the Mavic controller get smaller but couldn't keep it in the air. Lesson, never fly with low phone battery + depeleted bird.

Never found it after 10hrs searching, I won't give up as it's less then 600' from my home. Another mavic is in order. I

Oh man, that sucks! I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully it turns up. Well I've lost a Mavic before. I went and bought another one and now I have 2 controllers.

Never found it after 10hrs searching, I won't give up as it's less then 600' from my home. Another mavic is on order.
sorry for your lost also. if you get your data file and upload . I know at the Phantom forum there was guys that would help give you Ideas of where to look in a smaller area.

i found my mavic in a fir tree 95 up, had no idea where it was. I used the flight map in go4 and used the gps loctaion at the moment it hit the tree, then plugged that into a hand held gps and took to me to within 3 feet.

i found my mavic in a fir tree 95 up, had no idea where it was. I used the flight map in go4 and used the gps loctaion at the moment it hit the tree, then plugged that into a hand held gps and took to me to within 3 feet.
If your phone hasn't died
i've done quite a few multi thousand foot flights, all three of them that went into critical resulted in uncontrollable landings. If that's the way the Mavic's going to react then I have no business or interest in playing this long distance game with this model!
94d8db7f5c40ef7c07a3066bcaa438d2.jpg

this time it was straight in, no yaws and at 8% it just went uncontrollable and sideways! this is NOT a characteristic of the other DJI model flight controllers, but for my 0-3 results and cybernate's recent experiences I think there's something present here. I'm tired of EVERY critical resulting in disappointment. Critical SHOULD be manageable! I can be on top of the board, but not without that extra 10% critical flight! So why bother?
f198c569b1f092b304b768746c223d8f.jpg

Sorry, I just noticed something. How the hell do you have 4 bars signal for video feed at 50,198 feet with stock? You're not even over water. That's amazing! With modified antenna, I'm not sure I would see that much video feed signal. I usually have 2 bars, but completely clear video.

If your phone hasn't died

Sorry, I just noticed something. How the **** do you have 4 bars signal for video feed at 50,198 feet with stock? You're not even over water. That's amazing! With modified antenna, I'm not sure I would see that much video feed signal. I usually have 2 bars, but completely clear video.
I'm only seeing 3 bars. maybe I need new glasses.

@JakeMaxxUAV Here is an updated list for Max Distance. I haven't put together the stock list yet. May do that when I have some time. Please update the 1st post.

TOP 20
1. CyberNate - 54,236 ft - RexUAV Circular Polarized, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. Unknown Caller - 50,174 ft - Battery Mod
3. in10s 43,100 ft - Boosted Nanosync, Battery Mod
4. dirtybum - 40,549 ft - Battery Mod
5. digdat0 - 40,226 ft - Battery Mod
6. DBS - 37,057 ft - ItElite Atlas - Battery Mod
7. Phxbird57 - 27,900 ft - Battery Mod
8. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
9. Natedoggz - 26,216 ft - Boosted Antenna, Battery Mod
10. DomoDan - 26,161 ft - Stock
11. Jack - 22,965 ft - Stock
12. PhelipeFleury - 22,775 ft - Stock
13. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
14. RAMJET-1, 22,097 ft - Stock
15. Jamison74 - 21,401 ft - Stock
16. Cameron1991 - 21,217 ft - Stock
17. Ozziebattler 21,059 ft - Stock
18. darklordtom 20,344 ft - Stock
19. stratos - 19,226 ft - Stock
20. Gh0stxSinghx - 18,103 ft - Stock

@in10s recently posted a 43,100ft flight. Here are his screenshots.

in10s_range.jpg

in10s_home.jpg

@JakeMaxxUAV, ok, here I've compiled a stock leaderboard. I have probably missed some, but this is what I find with a quick scan of this thread.

1. Unknown Caller - 27,578 - Stock
2. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
3. DomoDan - 26,161 ft - Stock
4. Phxbird57 - 25,210 ft - Stock
5. Jack - 22,965 ft - Stock
6. PhelipeFleury - 22,775 ft - Stock
7. CyberNate - 22,604ft - Stock
8. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
9. RAMJET-1, 22,097 ft - Stock
10. Jamison74 - 21,401 ft - Stock
11. Cameron1991 - 21,217 ft - Stock
12. Ozziebattler 21,059 ft - Stock
13. darklordtom 20,344 ft - Stock
14. stratos - 19,226 ft - Stock
15. Gh0stxSinghx - 18,103 ft - Stock
16. mrdave543 - 18,094 ft - Stock
17. ezekielguy86 - 18,048 ft - Stock
18. theAlexanderGraham - 16,796 ft - Stock

Last edited:
@JakeMaxxUAV, ok, here I've compiled a stock leaderboard. I have probably missed some, but this is what I find with a quick scan of this thread.

1. Unknown Caller - 27,578 - Stock
2. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
3. DomoDan - 26,161 ft - Stock
4. Phxbird57 - 25,210 ft - Stock
5. Jack - 22,965 ft - Stock
6. PhelipeFleury - 22,775 ft - Stock
7. CyberNate - 22,604ft - Stock
8. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
9. RAMJET-1, 22,097 ft - Stock
10. Jamison74 - 21,401 ft - Stock
11. Cameron1991 - 21,217 ft - Stock
12. Ozziebattler 21,059 ft - Stock
13. darklordtom 20,344 ft - Stock
14. stratos - 19,226 ft - Stock
15. Gh0stxSinghx - 18,103 ft - Stock
16. mrdave543 - 18,094 ft - Stock
17. ezekielguy86 - 18,048 ft - Stock
18. theAlexanderGraham - 16,796 ft - Stock

thanks CyberNate! That should help @JakeMaxxUAV copy paste for easy updating. Good man!

hey Nate, that's a convenient little list you made. Are any of those names/Distances you added to that list ones that didn't actually post on this thread, (A.k.a., you're just posting by proxy )I've read back and maybe I've missed something?

hey Nate, that's a convenient little list you made. Are any of those names/Distances you added to that list ones that didn't actually post on this thread, (A.k.a., you're just posting by proxy )I've read back and maybe I've missed something?

Those are all listed in this thread except for the one which I attached screenshots. Did I make a mistake or miss one?

I was posting this to help Jake so he can copy and paste it without having to go through all the posts.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
what was in10's using for battery mod on that flight?
why didn't he post here on this thread. The reason many people tune into this thread is to see what some of us are using & gain knowledge for their own flights. no real benefit for posting a proxy flight from some other long-distance group, we miss out on some of the fun details

what was in10's using for battery mod on that flight?
why didn't he post here on this thread. The reason many people tune into this thread is to see what some of us are using & gain knowledge for their own flights. no real benefit for posting a proxy flight from some other long-distance group, we miss out on some of the fun details
True! Not sure why he didn't. Awesome flight. Maybe he can add the details.

I'm planning to do a distance test too
1. Is it safe for me to do the test while there is wind from the side? (i tried to fly against the wind to check the wind strength, max speed in p-mode was 25kmh)

2. The best place for me to get the best LOS is a restaurant that located on top of a hill, the problem is there is a bts for isp and cellular carrier (big n tall tower with lots of drums attached to it), will it interfere with controller signal?

Thanks guys

I'm planning to do a distance test too
1. Is it safe for me to do the test while there is wind from the side? (i tried to fly against the wind to check the wind strength, max speed in p-mode was 25kmh)

2. The best place for me to get the best LOS is a restaurant that located on top of a hill, the problem is there is a bts for isp and cellular carrier (big n tall tower with lots of drums attached to it), will it interfere with controller signal?

Thanks guys
1. Yes. If you know your vectors you can calculate.
2. Yes.

1. Yes. If you know your vectors you can calculate.
2. Yes.
Uugh i return all of my physics knowledge back to my teacher so that he can teach more students ;)

Thank u for your infos, I'm going to find another preferable place
I saw on another thread that launching your mavic from a rock might interfere with mavic's compas, is it true?
Coz my next preferable place to do the test is a huge a*s rock mountain, easily accesible by car

Reactions: digdat0

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_