DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I think the current leaderboard setup should stay. As you say the 1st gen Mavic might become obsolete if there's significant improvements next year on the power system. For stock, the Platinum should clean up on the regular Pros and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Somewhere around I have a camera with a broken front glass. I'm going to uncase the sensor to see what the minimum a functional camera can weigh.

Also are stock Mavic Pros allowed to use Platinum props?

These just arrived for my new modified bird.
7XvWm8T.jpg

YHlWJBF.jpg

I think the current leaderboard setup should stay. As you say the 1st gen Mavic might become obsolete if there's significant improvements next year on the power system. For stock, the Platinum should clean up on the regular Pros and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Somewhere around I have a camera with a broken front glass. I'm going to uncase the sensor to see what the minimum a functional camera can weigh.

I think the rub with some folks is they do not want to hack their bird and disassemble every last component to complete; they want to have a class with a level playing field for mods that don't require unreversible damage during modification. Unless we add a 3rd category to this thread/board, I do not see a way to satisfy both side of the debate. I have no doubt you the great Lolo can figure out a way to have a functional 5 gram main camera, but that means the others would have to hack their bird and remove the factory gimble/camera system in order to compete with you and that is the rub here. It has nothing to do with the spirit of a drone must have a camera, it's about you having an advantage of a 5 gram camera system and others that do not want to hack their bird, and they have a 35 gram camera system.

Reactions: angusc
I just boxed up a camera/gimbal assembly to ship out to a guy that unfortunately lost his brand new bird. Another generous person donated a crashed Mavic with no camera assy. I know many of you guys have crashed or lost aircraft, and almost always a crash tears the camera up among other things. Cybernate wrote off an entire new Mavic, and Skyninja (I think?) dropped one into the bay.

If the rules require a full camera assembly I'll test with a broken dummy cam and then put a working one on when I go for a record flight. Just not worth the risk, especially running on stock battery only.

Reactions: digdat0
I vote stock everything to be on the stock board, nothing removed of any kind, and no weight modifications. And I second Nate's comment that lolos and all the other weight hackers here deserve a nod for experimenting in the way they have.
And by the way, the only verification that flight needs is someone's honesty, out of all the distance fliers I've spoke with in the past three years, none of them took any pride in cheating or faking flights, with the exception of maybe a couple, and it was really easy to spot.
As for modded flight, I think it should have to have a camera and the name mav should pop up in your airdata. Any other modification in that category is fair game. Like I said before these rules are already part of Jake's on the other two boards I don't know why they didn't automatically apply here

Totally agree with everything in that post [emoji1360]

Yes, the terrain is mountainous and you have to keep climbing to maintain VLOS.
Btw, you are a magician with this bird. Thumbswayup

Yes, the terrain is mountainous and you have to keep climbing to maintain VLOS.
Btw, you are a magician with this bird. Thumbswayup

Thanks, but I wish I mad a magic wand to make it do what I want.

On 3% battery I got the critical low voltage landing alert and it went an additional 750m before landing. At stock weight you can probably go 500m or so from 3% with a warm battery. Find a flat area where you can fly nice and low, preheat your battery and I bet you can go well over 9km.

Charge your battery and then drain it down enough to trigger another charge cycle. Cool it off to lower the voltage and then top up as normal. Once you warm it up the voltage will climb higher than stock and give you some extra distance. Make sure to fly it right away, and if there's any reason you can't, drain it partially and don't store it full.

Reactions: Porto
Just showing when heavy interference limiting my Mavic. All stock, FCC boost.

Attachments

• IMG_5487.jpg
    IMG_5487.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 35

On 3% battery I got the critical low voltage landing alert and it went an additional 750m before landing. At stock weight you can probably go 500m or so from 3% with a warm battery. Find a flat area where you can fly nice and low, preheat your battery and I bet you can go well over 9km.

Charge your battery and then drain it down enough to trigger another charge cycle. Cool it off to lower the voltage and then top up as normal. Once you warm it up the voltage will climb higher than stock and give you some extra distance. Make sure to fly it right away, and if there's any reason you can't, drain it partially and don't store it full.

I've never been able to take off and not have to come right back down due to battery error with the LiHV external pack on board. Even if I take off full speed up and full speed forward causing motor over-speed warnings the whole time. I guess those MS LiHV packs don't have enough voltage sag even under the full load. How does everyone get around this issue? Or does everyone else have to land and try again a couple more times before it stops coming up with the error?

I've never been able to take off and not have to come right back down due to battery error with the LiHV external pack on board. Even if I take off full speed up and full speed forward causing motor over-speed warnings the whole time. I guess those MS LiHV packs don't have enough voltage sag even under the full load. How does everyone get around this issue? Or does everyone else have to land and try again a couple more times before it stops coming up with the error?

Just to clarify, that was 3% on a stock battery with no external(s).

How soon are you lifting off after the externals are connected? I plug in and stick start the motors, lifting off at the same time. I haven't found any need give it full throttle and that just wastes battery.

Try boost mode and reflectors, that should make a big difference.

Reflectors? I read some testimony that it makes the signal worse... have you tried yourself?

And boost mode do you mean 1.5w boost? I have tried that and the range was less than FCC boost. I live in CE country.

Reflectors? I read some testimony that it makes the signal worse... have you tried yourself?

And boost mode do you mean 1.5w boost? I have tried that and the range was less than FCC boost. I live in CE country.

1.5w boost, yes.

I made my own reflectors, larger than what's available off the shelf and they definitely make a difference. I can't comment on the ones online as I've never tried them. Nothing beats aftermarket boosters though.

I’ve tried that but didn’t get a significant distance benefit out of it.
Hi @JakeMaxxUAV, please update the stock leader board and put me at 5. Thanks.

Just to clarify, that was 3% on a stock battery with no external(s).

How soon are you lifting off after the externals are connected? I plug in and stick start the motors, lifting off at the same time. I haven't found any need give it full throttle and that just wastes battery.

I lift off ASAP, have the remote right next to me. The error shows up after I'm plenty airborne.

I've tried reflectors from Dynamic 3D Solutions, it works quite well. Almost as good as unboosted Nanosync.

So does anyone know if the ones Porto refers to from here Dynamic 3D Solutions

are the same as the ones the Drone Valley guy sells? DJI Mavic Pro - Standard Range Extender

I have the latter of the two and can't tell any difference from using nothing at all... The Dynamic 3D Solutions ones look a tad larger just going by the product photos. I also have the remote boosted to 1.5w.

So does anyone know if the ones Porto refers to from here Dynamic 3D Solutions

are the same as the ones the Drone Valley guy sells? DJI Mavic Pro - Standard Range Extender

I have the latter of the two and can't tell any difference from using nothing at all... The Dynamic 3D Solutions ones look a tad larger just going by the product photos. I also have the remote boosted to 1.5w.
Not the same. Note that the Dynamic one is quite a bit larger.

Reactions: cderoche
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661