DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Hey eksffa,Great run nice area ,looks like a fun run. Pretty soon it will be a minimum of 22k to get on the stock board .The last 300m with 2 % was tighto_OThumbswayup. I dont have a clue what Your buddies in the background were saying ,but they were funny.Im willing to bet you dont need the parabolic reflectors on there.
Hey eksffa,Great run nice area ,looks like a fun run. Pretty soon it will be a minimum of 22k to get on the stock board .The last 300m with 2 % was tighto_OThumbswayup. I dont have a clue what Your buddies in the background were saying ,but they were funny.Im willing to bet you dont need the parabolic reflectors on there.

The stock list is getting out there now. I flew out to try and extend my @24k and didn't make it back, worst yet I lost the mavic. Told my wife I found it and now flying the backup

Reactions: eksffa and dirtybum
The stock list is getting out there now. I flew out to try and extend my @24k and didn't make it back, worst yet I lost the mavic. Told my wife I found it and now flying the backup
Flying stock battery can be risky as once it's done, it's going into the ground. Where did you lose yours?

Reactions: eksffa
I was responding to the comment that you can change the leg antennas on the aircraft in, many believe once you change things on the aircraft or mod it, it no longer qualifies for the stock category
Now I understand Thumbswayup

Your #8 on the stock board,Im #9 .(1k in back of ya.) I flew out today to extend my 23k run ,made 24500Thumbswayup
So what happened,How did it get lost?

Reactions: eksffa
Flying stock battery can be risky as once it's done, it's going into the ground. Where did you lose yours?

i went out 25,250 trying to get ahead of Phxbird57, had a head wind at the ground keep climbing going out to maintain signal. when i turned around i was using 60% power just to go 25mph in knew i was in trouble now i had a head wind at 300ft. i tried to land on a dirt road but lost signal at about 50 ft off the ground, it tried to return to home and i stopped it after signal was reestablished. i was at 11% and forced a landing on a ditch bank from 50 ft up then lost contact. i jumped in the truck and drove out to where i lost it, i reconnected about 5000ft away only to see 0% and 18ft off the ground with an unsuitable to land message or something to that effect. i then lost signal last thing i saw on the phone was water.

Odd thing is when i pulled all the files, GPS coordinates show it 10ft away from the water. I'm almost more pissed off about the 128 micro sd. loss

This mavic was a refurbished replacement from dji after i lost my original in a 70 ft fir tree and had to shoot it out with a shotgun.

So now i'm on number 3

Reactions: rfc and Soft7
i went out 25,250 trying to get ahead of Phxbird57, had a head wind at the ground keep climbing going out to maintain signal. when i turned around i was using 60% power just to go 25mph in knew i was in trouble now i had a head wind at 300ft. i tried to land on a dirt road but lost signal at about 50 ft off the ground, it tried to return to home and i stopped it after signal was reestablished. i was at 11% and forced a landing on a ditch bank from 50 ft up then lost contact. i jumped in the truck and drove out to where i lost it, i reconnected about 5000ft away only to see 0% and 18ft off the ground with an unsuitable to land message or something to that effect. i then lost signal last thing i saw on the phone was water.

Odd thing is when i pulled all the files, GPS coordinates show it 10ft away from the water. I'm almost more pissed off about the 128 micro sd. loss

This mavic was a refurbished replacement from dji after i lost my original in a 70 ft fir tree and had to shoot it out with a shotgun.

So now i'm on number 3
Oh I guess I better do another stock run. I'm thinking I can do another 2k farther. ;)

Playing it safe... go for 54k next time?
That brings up an interesting point. Is there a minimum altitude for the leaderboard? I never tried, but at some low altitude there must be a gain from ground effect.
when you say ground effect I'm thinking trees:cool::confused: Only reason I was 4 ft off the ground, I was at 1% and did not want it to fall to far. ;)

when you say ground effect I'm thinking trees:cool::confused: Only reason I was 4 ft off the ground, I was at 1% and did not want it to fall to far. ;)
Being up north I was thinking more like a frozen lake. Signal for miles and perfectly smooth.

Playing it safe... go for 54k next time?
That brings up an interesting point. Is there a minimum altitude for the leaderboard? I never tried, but at some low altitude there must be a gain from ground effect.

I guess the minimum requirement would just be to fly high enough that it proves that you didn't just strap it to your car while the blades are running and drive the flight[emoji41]

Reactions: ftttu and lolo780
I guess the minimum requirement would just be to fly high enough that it proves that you didn't just strap it to your car while the blades are running and drive the flight[emoji41]
Easy to spot by looking at pitch angle, motor power and rpms, and if the flight exactly follows a roadway.

Easy to spot by looking at pitch angle, motor power and rpms, and if the flight exactly follows a roadway.

Yeah I suppose, if you could actually get somebody to take that information up for you, most of us just give screenshots and an airdata link.
Btw, all of my flight paths follow long straight roads, that's how I maintain good signal, keep the aircraft straight[emoji41]

Yeah I suppose, if you could actually get somebody to take that information up for you, most of us just give screenshots and an airdata link.
Btw, all of my flight paths follow long straight roads, that's how I maintain good signal, keep the aircraft straight[emoji41]
I think if someone were to post up an amazing record flight that it would be reasonable to ask for at least screen shots of the matching .Dat file.

I've always shared the full files with members here and elsewhere, nothing secret on my aircraft that couldn't be duplicated.

You have always been very thorough,lolo[emoji41]
But I can tell you right now, I wont provide a Dat file, if requested! I never have dug one out of my AC and they are of no use to me. If I can't provide the evidence to the community with the dji go screenshots and the airdata link, that has proven reliable for two years on these distance threads, then I will just suck it up and fly the flight again, not dig for some dat file, that I'm not 100 percent convinced can't be tampered with

So now i'm on number 3
Im on the east coast and have to deal with ever changing winds also. one minute its in your face the next it at your back.
Thats exactly why I wouldent post the 24500k flight.If I would have posted the 24500 flight and you made it back with 25250 Id still be #10. I want to get in the 25k (high 25's preferably:D) but honestly ,I'll take any 25K range :rolleyes:. baby steps.
A shotgun??Really?? Just a little excessive maybe:D:D

Oh I guess I better do another stock run. I'm thinking I can do another 2k farther. ;)
Greedy,greedy,greedy. not happy with the modded board so you beat up the stock guys.You should probably just stay where your at,take the winter off,enjoy the holidays.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
just kidding.you're talking about getting another 2k which would put you @27k,,,LOL thats funny ,Im just trying to get to 25k and think its tough but doable. I lost 20 seconds on my last flight and the battery was at 99% at take off.so i think 25 is doable.
27k??:eek::eek:ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Phxbird57
@dirtybum Phantom guys, so secretive about their setups! :p
My post was more in response to the idea of flying the aircraft on the roof of a vehicle. I think everyone is using screen recording now so proof of flight shouldn't be an issue.

@Duse If you're going for a stock battery record flight you should be lifting off at 100%. Use the 5 in 1 charger to top off the battery just before flight and then heat the heck out of it to 50C if possible. Preheat the aircraft and acquire GPS lock with a spare battery, and then swap your hot battery in and lift off ASAP.

And something that hasn't been mentioned before is leaving the camera cover on. The camera and grill area of the Mavic is terrible from an aerodynamic point of view. I use tape, but if you're a stickler for 'stock out of the box', technically the clear cover is a stock part.

Last edited:
I will hopefully join the long distance club sometime after Christmas since the bird is still under the tree. I wondering if any of y'all fly with the camera cover for a possible aerodynamic advantage. I know it isn't good to fly with for the best images and video, but it seems like it may help a little.

Also, I live at about 4,000', and I'm wondering if I could get noticeably better distance at lower altitudes, especially near sea level. I've flown at the beach a few times, but I've never done a distance run due to too much wind.

Anybody?

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
I will hopefully join the long distance club sometime after Christmas since the bird is still under the tree. I wondering if any of y'all fly with the camera cover for a possible aerodynamic advantage. I know it isn't good to fly with for the best images and video, but it seems like it may help a little.

Also, I live at about 4,000', and I'm wondering if I could get noticeably better distance at lower altitudes, especially near sea level. I've flown at the beach a few times, but I've never done a distance run due to too much wind.

Anybody?

Good thinking, aero makes a difference. On my long range Mavic, fairing the external batteries is good for a ~5% gain and much better stability.

4000' is going to hurt your efficiency for sure. Platinum props or aftermarket fixed props would be recommended.

I got my Protek's today and putting the first charge on them. I also have the platinum props. Want to see if this will help with the 1400 feet elevation that I have to climb to get out over 7 miles. I am never 400 feet above ground though so I don't know about the Platinum Props helping.

I got my Protek's today and putting the first charge on them. I also have the platinum props. Want to see if this will help with the 1400 feet elevation that I have to climb to get out over 7 miles. I am never 400 feet above ground though so I don't know about the Platinum Props helping.
1400ft asl is still the same air pressure regardless of ground height. Good luck with your flights!

@dirtybum Phantom guys, so secretive about their setups! :p

I'm sure you're just joking! I started out with the Phantom2 experimenting with different distance mods only two weeks into owning the aircraft, moved up through the different models, but not forgetting about any of the old ones still trying things on the old ones as well as the current models. There was never any secrets, everything was laid out on the table for everybody else to try. Us distance running phantom guys laid the groundwork for everything that's been tried on this thread today and there's quite a few of those phantom guys on this thread. Secrets kill the friendly competition, that's been proven.
All the weight reduction's and prop testing, battery combinations, have all been tried long before this thread was put in place.[emoji41]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer