DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

So forgive my ignorance. Are the distances on the first page just one way, but the Mavic has to make the return trip home for the distance to count? Or is it a total of the out and back?

So forgive my ignorance. Are the distances on the first page just one way, but the Mavic has to make the return trip home for the distance to count? Or is it a total of the out and back?

You’re correct you have to make it back or your distance doesn’t count.

Definitely an advantage to keeping the motors and electronics cool, but you need to keep the battery temps up. Mainly a problem for the externals.
I'm putting insulation on my batteries and will heat them to 40c before flying.

https://www.amazon.com/Turnigy-Programmable-Lipo-Battery-Warmer/dp/B00USQVMKS

I ordered the battery warmer Lolo recommended and it worked ok and finally died this week. I went old school and ordered a standard heating pad and it way out performs and the price is right!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073DLFX9G/

dronemods-521.png dronemods-520.png

NO!!!!! Stay away from this battery. Too heavy, too bulky, bad charge/ discharge character and wayyy too expensive. Trust me i tried 2 of em.
I think we're spending a lot of money finding the right kind of battery for mavic battery mod! Why don't we use one inspire 5700 mah 6s for the mod. This battery is very high capacity/weight. I think it's about 19 if removed control board and case. About 11.4 ah for 600 g! !

Titan atlas and battery mod
@JakeMaxxUAV

That is a really good flight considering where you started from. Can't believe you got out that far flying right from a sub division of homes. You will see huge improvement of signal if you fly from an open area away from the homes. Then you can fly lower and save battery.

I also noticed you're flying a bit slow. If you get speed up to 32-34 mph you can cover more ground. Are you using Platinum props? You need Platinum to allow for more speed at less motor rpm.

@CyberNate looks like you and @lolo780 may be loosing signal at the exact same time...So it may be more of a "Flying Away from Home Time Limit" then a "Distance Limit"...

If this is the case there's an interesting setting in Assistant...

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyNinja
I can do that range. Just need a windless day. I've gotten close to 44,000 feet flight distance without too much effort and that was with wind and various direction changes. My furthest distance from controller so far is 15,696 feet on a windy day and I returned with 30% battery remaining. The key is keeping the rpm at 60% of max speed. In sports mode you can display the tach. Keep the tach right at the green/blue transition. An easier way is to use P mode rather than sport and disable obstacle avoidance. In this mode the max pitch (right stick full forward) is right at the optimal efficiency with, around 30-32 mph. I think I could get over 50,000 feet total distance in perfect conditions. I flew over a bay and I saw full signal the entire flight.
Thanks for the info!

@Torchia32 what was the weather conditions for your flight? I'm assuming you flew out with the headwind and came back with a tailwind, since you did not turn around till 49% and still made it back with 10% battery left. That was pretty ballsy, I like it![emoji106]

@CyberNate looks like you and @lolo780 may be loosing signal at the exact same time...So it may be more of a "Flying Away from Home Time Limit" then a "Distance Limit"...

If this is the case there's an interesting setting in Assistant...

No, it's definitely a distance limit. I've tried different speeds. It's the same every time. Lolo flies much faster than I do.

No, it's definitely a distance limit. I've tried different speeds. It's the same every time. Lolo flies much faster than I do.

I could be way off but I have to question this… I only have two sources to go off of.
One is your video which if you pause it at 1:22 you’ll see the video is around 9 seconds ahead of your flight time in the app. If you then pause at 21:25 it’s where you lose signal. So 21:25 minus 9 seconds is 21:16 or 1276 seconds where the signal loss happens…

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

The second is @lolo78 ‘s chart showing when it happened to him. Going by what I see of the known times in his chart it looks exactly half way between 1260 (the chart runs in 140 sec increments) and 1290 seconds (furthest distance) which is 1275 seconds...That could just as easily be 1276...

Weird coincidence, no?signal.png

Reactions: MacIak
I could be way off but I have to question this… I only have two sources to go off of.
One is your video which if you pause it at 1:22 you’ll see the video is around 9 seconds ahead of your flight time in the app. If you then pause at 21:25 it’s where you lose signal. So 21:25 minus 9 seconds is 21:16 or 1276 seconds where the signal loss happens…

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

The second is @lolo78 ‘s chart showing when it happened to him. Going by what I see of the known times in his chart it looks exactly half way between 1260 (the chart runs in 140 sec increments) and 1290 seconds (furthest distance) which is 1275 seconds...That could just as easily be 1276...

Weird coincidence, no?View attachment 30416

That doesn't make sense from what we know... but you have peaked my attention nevertheless.

That doesn't make sense from what we know... but you have peaked my attention nevertheless.

It may not make sense but that's what I'm seeing based in the two sources we have to look at. 1275 is a number that would make sense for programming based on what I've read... I'm pretty sure about the flight time in the video but the chart can go either way but it does look like the line marked 1275 falls in the exact middle of the other two known numbers...Is anyone else seeing it or am i way off? Either way it would be helpful if @lolo780 would post a few more graphs with a measurement at the exact time of the signal loss..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi